• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Found a great way to watch parade at AK!

wannabee princess

DIS Veteran
Earlier this month, we were at AK and decided to skip the parade since we have already seen it. We decided that yet another (I think it was third time that day) safari ride was in order for our animal loving family.

Well, the safari was a walk-on, because so many people were standing on the parade route, and we had a great ride with a very funny guide. As we walked back up toward the rest of the park, we saw that we were just in time for the beginning of the parade as it was headed backstage.

We were almost standing alone on the street, my kids had great interaction with the characters (and even dh got included). We were so pleasantly suprised and enjoyed the parade even more!

This of course would only work at AK, but I've decided it is a great way to get a good spot without staking it out an hour before parade time!

I have also noticed that if you wait until the parade comes back around to Africa, the area is usually empty. But if your coming from the front of the park you will have the "after the parade crowd" to deal with. But if your coming from the Safari or the animal trail (can't remember the name) it would be great timing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter