• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOTL -- what do you miss in the ride queues?

mloren

Mouseketeer
Will be at USF/IOA for first time ever. Staying at HRH, so will have Front of the Line access.

Are there any rides where the ride queue itself is part of the attraction, but you end up missing the queue entirely by using the FOTL entrance? I have an idea that Duelling Dragons has an impressive queue that is worth seeing all on its own.
Are there other rides with queues worth seeing also?

You have access to the Express Line, not front of the line access. The only no line access is the VIP tour.

Dueling Dragons was an impressive queue at night. Was just there 12/28/01 with a 11pm closing time. At night, they light candles in some of the rooms. Not a few candles, but alot of them, all around. Adds to the athmosphere, it was cool to see.

IOA at night is such the bomb. We need everyone to ask for early hours (8am) and late closings (11pm).

Please, Please, Please.

Other than DD, you're not missing much by skipping the full queue, and getting on the ride fast adds to the fun. Short wait times for rides make it so much better.

Keep those crowds moving. Cedar Point (CP) is known for keeping people moving. Makes you realize that people are there to get on the ride, not look at a queue. Of coarse saftey is #1. But if everything is safe, then keep the line moving as fast as possible. And CP is the king at this. They move people thru the queues faster than anyone else. It matters. The wait time of a ride effects your enjoyment of it. And I still don't think IOA has mastered this concept. They trying to fix it with express pass, but the ride ops still look like they're asleep. Oh gee, I've strayed, but I'll start a new thread.

Bottom line. See DD at night if you can, but the rest don't matter much.

I think Spiderman, Dueling Dragons, and MIB have ques everyone should experience once. You will have as much fun on the ride if you miss them but there are interesting things to see and read in those ques. Duelings Dragon's is like an attraction all by itself! Be sure to watch the "stained glass" panels as you enter the castle and once inside don't forget to look up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter