fotl and babies

pan20040

Earning My Ears
Do I need FOTL for a baby under 3? even tough she doesn´t need ticket? I´m asking because we are a family of 6 and we will stay at Universal on site hotel, but I will only have 5 FOTL, but now I´m nervous about the baby... thank you for your help

I think u will be okay with a baby under 3 as they don't even need to pay park admission:jester:

Actually, anyone who uses the express is supposed to have a key card. We were faced with this on our first Unviersal trip when my youngest was a toddler. We ended up with two rooms, but at that time they didn't check everyones cards so it wouldn't have mattered (they do now, though). Of course a baby wouldn't be going on a lot of rides so it might not matter in your case. My son was old enough that we wanted to be able to bring him on everything that he was old enough to do (ET, Suess Landing rides, etc). When are you going? If it's a real busy time you might have a problem, but if not you could risk it. I wish that Unviersal followed WDW lead and allowed a 6th person in the room if they are under 3yo.

T&B

Wow thats a bummer if the child does not need to pay to ride then I dont see y it should they need a key for fotl although as u say most kids under 3 prob will only being the smaller rides that dont do express lines

It wasn't a problem for us. We also had six people (1 under 3) last year at HRH. Some of the rides she couldn't go on and other ones the attendent just said "I guess she is with you." Yep--no problems. Worst case is you can buy FOTL for the major rides for I think it is about $30.00 but I would check with someone first because I don't think it would be necessary. After all, if they don't need a ticket to get into the park, why would they need one for FOTL. Good Luck.

I agree that it's silly to need a room key to ride when they don't need a ticket to get into the park, but that is the official rule. I can't say that I would blame a person for not following that rule, however. We did enjoy the extra space that we had by getting two rooms, and at that point the rooms were not real expensive with the entertainment rate ( was 2 1/2 years ago).

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter