• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Foster Family 2014 Sept 2014 TR

toyotaae86lg

Disney Magic is AMAZING!!!
Cast Members:
Chase (me) 30
Amy (wife) 30
Madison (daughter) 2
Connie (mom) Secret
Sept 8-12
Pop Century

Small background first. Me and my wife have been to Disney a hand full of times when we lived closer to Orlando, about 5hrs away. We eventually moved all around ending up in TX for my work where we currently are close to Houston. We were married in Disney 6 years ago and spend an amazing 2 weeks there but haven't been back since. My daughter is 2 almost 3 in a few months and this was her first trip. My mom came along as she hadn't visited Disney since my wedding also.

September 8 - Travel day
With not too much flying experience we were concerned how my daughter would do flying from Houston to MCO. We had a super early flight out of Houston, 6am so we were up around 2am to get the luggage ready. I hadn't flown in a while either so I get pretty meticulous about how procedures go but everything went very smoothly. We flew southwest which was fine and utilized the family boarding so that we could sit all together. Madison was up since we woke her that morning and never went back to sleep. It was our first time using magical express also and I can say that it was a very easy process, we just double checked our luggage had the right tags and boom we were set. We boarded the plane around 6:30 and took off on time. Maddie (Madison) at first seemed pretty intrigued of flying but soon became antsy and not liking her seatbelt that she had to have on. We made sure to bring entertainment for her (tablets, coloring books...etc) but she really just wanted to be held. I would say the 1st hour of the trip was chill but by the 2nd she was ready to be off the plane. With excitement building we finally made it to MCO and loaded into the terminal with our backpack and McLaren stroller, we proceeded to find Level 1 B side as I had engrained it into my head over the last few weeks leading up to our trip. I had went ahead and put on my magic band to be ready but also to let everyone else know that I'm ready to PARTY! Magical express was super easy and before we know it we were on the bus towards Pop Century. We got to Pop and I had checked in online so the girls went to check out Everything pop while I checked in officially. Huge lines when I got there but didn't take me but 15mins to get my packet for the room. We headed up to the 70's building on the 4th floor to see the room, everything was very nice. We were super hungry and were gonna try and wait for my mom who's arrival was at 1230 but it wasn't going to happen. We got some food from the food court taking our time because this whole new system was very NEW to us. Also we were part of the free QSL plan so I needed to figure out how that worked also. We had our meals and went to the checkout counter. I touched my magicband and then it asked for a pin. For the life of me I don't ever remember picking a pin, I tried my "always" numbers but it didn't work so they had to get a manager to approve it but it wasn't a big deal. He just recommended seeing the front desk for future purchases. We ate and I took care of the pin, they said it could have been erased since I set it up so early. Either way we were good to go. We headed back to the room to relax and maybe an hour and half later my mom texted me that she was at MCO. Via text I guided her through the same process that I had done until she let us know she was in the lobby. My daughter was so happy to see her grandma AKA Noni. She had used magical express also so we left right then to head to DTD for some site seeing. As originally a Floridian I knew how hot Sept was gonna be but holy moly it was baking hot! We strolled through DTD a bit picking a few items up here using our magicbands but we knew we needed to head back a bit early as tomorrow was a LONG day! We got dinner again back at Everything pop and called it a night.
September 9 - MK and MNSSHP
We got up around 6ish. My itinerary said breakfast by 7am and at the bus stop at 8am to make it for the MK show. I think we ran a little late but for the most part were able to stick with that plan. Got to MK at like 820 so plenty of time for the show and I'm so glad we did. We have never been to rope drop and we will be from now on. We loved the show and it kind of just starts your day off right and in good spirits. We walked down Main Street getting every photo pass picture we can because we opted for the Memory Maker. I made us custom T shirts with our names on them so everyone kept calling my daughter by her first name. I had our 3 fastpasses already picked out so we just started walking. We came to Merida's meet first and there were only 4 people in line and only 5mins till it started so we got in line. My daughter was so funny because if anything she was just shocked that she was meeting merida, she couldn't speak or anything but she did give her hugs and took some photos. The cast members always do a great job with meet and greets. Next we headed past the tea cups and saw alice with the white rabbit, again Madison was shocked but really interacted with them. we ended up seeing Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel, Aurora, and Buzz. I was very fortunate to learn the process of the BOG fastpass so I went ahead and got those for our group. We had never been to BOG and I was looking forward to it. I have to say that it held up to our expecations and loved it! The food was great, the atmosphere was wonderful. Hopefully next time we can enjoy dinner there. After lunch we decided to head back to Pop because we knew that it was going to be a long night at MNSSHP. My daughter had a solid 2hr nap, parents rested but I couldn't get to sleep. With DD in her cinderella dress and us with our Halloween shirts we headed back to MK around 4:30-5. So we watch our favorite vloggers See Ya Reel Soon on youtube constantly and definitely building up to this trip. We knew they were going to be there during our stay and staying at Pop but figured our chances of seeing them were slim to none but right before we headed to MK I was in the food court getting a snack and low and behold I saw Joe refilling his mug and soon Ashley came over. I hunted my wife down so that she could meet them and have a small conversation and a picture (yes we're super nerds!). On our way to MNSSP! This is a first for us and it was amazing. It's rained a little but nothing to ruin the night. Loved the Boo To You parade and Hallowishes. My and wife got to ride Space Mountain a few times because it was walk on while Noni took Maddie for a walk. We had to turn in around 10 as DD and the adults were just exhausted. We tried to see the Villain show at 10 but it kept getting delayed due to the rain so we ended up just leaving back to Pop. All in all it was a long but amazing day at MK!

Sept 10 - Rest day (DTD & Boardwalk)
So it was very important for me to include just a rest day in between parks. A day that we can sleep in, take our time getting ready and not stress over where to be at certain times. This day we decided to first go over to the boardwalk where me and my wife were married. It wasn't a bad trip but we took a bus from Pop to HS and then a boat to the Boardwalk. We hadn't been back to this spot in 6 years so it was nice to see it again and remember what a wonderful day that was. We explored the lobby where we had a lot of our pictures taken and took some new updated ones. We then took the bus from Boardwalk Inn to DTD. It was getting closer to lunch so we decided to eat at the T Rex restaurant. I've been to rainforest multiple times and figured it would be about the same but it was very good. After we ate we explored DTD some more shopping here and there, taking breaks as it was very very hot! Took the bus back to POP where we rested, eventually got dinner at the food court and let my daughter enjoy the toddler pool for a while before turning for our next day!

Sept 11 - Hollywood Studios
Up early this morning because we have a character breakfast at Hollywood & Vine. Got to the bus stop by 7:15am and I think were at the park around 7:30am so pretty early. The character breakfast (which was our first) was very nice and DD enjoyed it a lot. She got to meet Jake, Doc, Sophia and Manny all during breakfast. I like the announcers and little dances that put on. It was pretty expensive for 3 adult buffets but I would do it again for DD. Immediately headed to Pixar Place and saw Woody and Buzz had a very small wait so quickly got in line for that. Then we saw TSM also had not a crazy long line and I really wanted to do this for my first time. That ride is amazing!! I rode with my mom and we had so much fun!! I did beat her but that almost takes the cake as my favorite ride:) I had a fastpass to Disney Junior Live so we did this next. Very cute show and DD really got into it but she had trouble staying in the yellow lines. We were right up front and she kept wanting to go up to the stage, I also think she was getting cranky. We wanted to make the Elsa and Anna parade but lost track of time and only caught the very end which was a bummer. I had ressie's at Hollywood Brown Derby so we headed that way. I have pictures of me and my wife at the Derby from many years ago so it's a must for us, now almost like a tradition. After lunch everyone was feeling pretty good so we hit The Great Movie Ride, my mom too DD again for a walk while me and the wife hit ToT twice and RR once. Both pretty much walk on except last ToT which was maybe only 15min wait. Got back and my DD had just awoken from a small nap and just in time for Beauty and the Beast show. I bought everyone premium mickeys and sat down to enjoy them. I wish I could sing like Gaston. For the rest of the evening it was exploration into rides and shopping, went to Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and the Funland but didn't stay too long, did Muppet 3D but my little wouldn't keep her glasses on. We had dinner at Pizza Planet and decided that we were all just so tired that it was time for the end of HS and unfortunately the end of our trip.

Sept 12 - Goodbye Disney
It has been 6 years since we've vacationed at Disney and it will not be another 6 years before we do it again. My daughter had a blast! and although we see things a bit differently because of her the memories we made priceless. I'm already planning our vacation for next year and can't wait to see Mickey again. We boarded magical express to take us back around 10:30am for our flight at 1:25pm. We stayed with my mom who's heading back to MS for an hour or so, said our goodbyes and were heading back to TX very sad. I told myself that I was gonna video as much as I could because previously I would only record maybe 10min because I was distracted or what not. This time I did get more and I tried making a video of our trip. I am no pro videographer or editor but please take a look if you like:)

Thanks for reading!
Chase, Amy, Madison and Noni

http://youtu.be/-IuN45QccVg

What a great short trip! I loved this because I have similar setup for our upcoming trip: me, DH, DS 2(almost 3) and Mom (Aka Mimi). You talked about characters, but were there any rides your DD loved/hated? Did you feel like you got your money's worth with Memory Maker?

Lets see these are the rides we took her on:

MK:
Winnie the Pooh
Dumbo
Magic carpets
POC
HM
Monsters Laugh Floor
Buzz Lightyear
It's a small world
Tea Cups

*Our MK was also split with MNSSHP so it was a lot of characters and then the party.

Hollywood Studios
Great Movie Ride
Muppet 3D
Toy story mania

A lot of what we did was character meets and a lot of shows at HS but all the rides we went on and listed she loved! Of course the "game" rides TSM and Buzz she really didn't get but she tried to participate. I wanted to try the barnstormer her with her as she's right over 35" but I never got a chance. She never was scared of the darker rides but just intrigued.

As far as memory maker....yes!!!! This was DD first trip so I went ahead and we used every opportunity to get a picture from photo pass and the photographers were awesome. They would take so many pics of us and then come in close to get more of her, even if there were people waiting. Calculations say if you get 15 good photos it makes memory worth it. We ended up with like 135 pictures all together from photographers, to rides, to character meets. Plus it took the pressure off me from trying to video and get photos, and I got to be in most of them. Without a doubt if you can afford it get the memory maker, memories are priceless!

Thanks! I've been debating MM but they keep adding perks like ride videos so now I think we'll do it! Especially since like u we probably won't go again for a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter