Fossil and Disney Vault to close

Wow, so many changes in DTD. Build a bear, RideMaker and the hat store are also closing. Not because of poor sales but more restaurants. Now more Star Wars?

This really sucks! I love the Disney Vault, it provides some really unique dresses and accessories.

And I agree the general character of Downtown Disney is just changing so much, not necessarily for the better. Soon enough it will be only restaurants, most of which I don't care about going to.

I'm seriously devastated at Vault 28 closing because its the only store that carries the speciality dresses that WDW has at Cherry Tree Lane.
I hope they will still have some outlet to sell them at at DLR.

Well, darn! I love Vault 28. You can usually find the 'harder to find' Disney Dooneys that aren't available online there. And they have really cute and unusual accessories.

I'm hoping they find a way to move their merch to WoD.

I love going through the retail shops in DTD. That's part of what I enjoy on our leisurely walk back to our hotel, not to mention window shopping on the way into the park in the mornings. We don't do much sit down eating here, but we do utilize some of the quick service places for snacking.

More Star Wars????? Geez when will it end! They should have just built a whole freaking Star Wars park. It's too much already.
I totally agree!! I would like to see more Disney merchandise , not more Star Wars Disney, merchandise! So sad.

--Lori

Its kind of making sense now, upping the parking costs and making it hard for smaller shops to validate, driving out non-disney tenants and putting in Disney owned stores/experiences. Its kind of becoming a modern Main St extension.

We usually book an additional hotel night in our Disney hotel so that we can spend a day just shopping in downtown Disney. I am thinking that may not even happen in the future due to all the store closings. I love Disney Vault as well! These changes are actually going to cost them money from our family.

I would think they would be able to put all the Star Wars merchandise they want in the new hotel. Why inflict it all the rest of us as well? I am actually a Star Wars fan but it is going way too far. I miss the traditional Disney.

Considering Vault 28 is a Disney owned shop, you can be certain they will simply relocate that merchandise. Likely to World of Disney.

Vault 28 and Wonderground are the only stores we go to in DTD, hopefully they will find a little corner of World of Disney to move the Vault stuff into, although I really don't look forward to having to go in that mess.

I wish there was anger button like how it is on Facebook. I am so mad about this. :mad::furious: I love Vault 28 and now that they have been carrying the speciality dresses like Cherry Tree Lane, what are we going to do with it gone. I hope one of the other stores will have a section to carry them. Vault 28 has so many unique items that no one else carries - I hate that we are losing that to more SW stuff which has already taken over that one store (I have forgotten the name but it is near Vault 28 and it was supposed to be Marvel and SW).

I also like the Vault store. I would like to see them bring a Christmas Shoppe with ornaments that you can personalize like they have at WDW's Disney Springs. I really miss the Christmas store they used to have in DL.

I wish there was anger button like how it is on Facebook. I am so mad about this. :mad::furious: I love Vault 28 and now that they have been carrying the speciality dresses like Cherry Tree Lane, what are we going to do with it gone. I hope one of the other stores will have a section to carry them. Vault 28 has so many unique items that no one else carries - I hate that we are losing that to more SW stuff which has already taken over that one store (I have forgotten the name but it is near Vault 28 and it was supposed to be Marvel and SW).

D Street

When we go to DTD (usually walking to and from the parks and DLH), our only stops are usually WOD, Vault 28, Build-a-Bear, and the Pin store. Looks like our shopping time will be significantly shortened on our next trip. We loved Vault 28. I do have to say though that DH and DD are going to love Star Wars Virtual Reality- I just wish Vault 28 wasn't going.

That's too bad about the Vault. I'm here now so maybe that's a good excuse to go grab some goodies while I still can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter