Fort Wilderness questions

Tonya Neill

Earning My Ears
Hello, this is my first time posting on here. We are trying to plan a trip for Dec 2017, we would like to rental a camper and stay at Fort Wilderness, any information anyone can give me please. We have never stayed at Fort Wilderness--we always stay at All Stars Sports, but children are bigger and my Mother in Law is coming with us this time so needing the space. We will also need to rent a golf cart. Thanks again and cannot wait to hear about your experiences.

Hello, this is my first time posting on here. We are trying to plan a trip for Dec 2017, we would like to rental a camper and stay at Fort Wilderness, any information anyone can give me please. We have never stayed at Fort Wilderness--we always stay at All Stars Sports, but children are bigger and my Mother in Law is coming with us this time so needing the space. We will also need to rent a golf cart. Thanks again and cannot wait to hear about your experiences.

Welcome Tonya to the Camping Board. I moved your post to it's own thread so you can get some replies.

Here is a link to WDW approved rentals. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/

On that link, however you need to scroll down to the "RV Rentals" item and click the "More" link.

Tonya, I will also add that while the list/link that Denise provided is the Official List of endorsed Rental companies, they are by no means the only rental companies. Disney may, however, make it more difficult for the "Other" rental companies going forward, so keep that in mind. I am sure others will come by and give you other options. We have our our Travel Trailer, so we don't need a rental.

Keep in mind that the "Sleeping" capacity of most RVs (TT/5ers/Class A, b, c,/Pop-ups/etc...) are a bit skewed (to say the least). They typically will allow for 2 people to sleep on the fold down couch. If it's a "Pull out" into a full bed, maybe, but must are just like a Futon style (Back lays flat) and are hard pressed to get 2 small children on them, not to mention a full sized adult.

Same holds true for the "Collapsible" dinette. They also claim it can sleep 2, but like the couch, you MIGHT get 1 adult on it (if they aren't too tall).

We look at actual BEDS. Some of the bunkhouse models do a nice job accommodating space to sleep. We just don't like to convert our sofa or dinette to a bed in case we want to use it while others are sleeping.

It's good that you are planning NOW for December 2017, but depending on your actual dates (like Christmas or New Year), if you don't already have reservations, you may want to lock that down NOW.

And Finally......
:welcome:
Welcome to the Forums here on the Dis boards. :disrocks:

If you want to rent a golf cart from disney, call ahead and reserve it. You are not charged until your trip. They sell out during busy times of the year. I know they were sold out last weekend when we were there. You can reserve a year in advance. Here's the phone number (407) 824-2742

Some of the rv rental companies also rent golf carts so you can explore that option too.

Will you be driving or flying in?

I can't comment on the rv, but we use Tee Time carts for our golf cart rentals. They are fantastic to work with.

Happy camping.

We used Tee Time on this last trip. Overall, I was happy with the experience, but I have to say, that the Going off Site to get (and Return) the cart is a bit of the pain. Mostly because you have to "Schedule" it and there schedule may not work with your schedule. I also used their Truck to transport back and forth as it was much quicker that way. That said, their truck had over 200K Miles on it and, well.... Let's just say, it was showing the wear and tear. When I went to pick up the truck truck so I could bring the cart back, I noticed the right rear tire was little more than a Racing slick as far as tread goes.. All in all though, the process went well.

You might want to consider renting a cabin, sleeping for 6. When you figure in the cost of the camp site and the rental RV you can usually get the cabin with a discount for almost the same price and you will have a lot more room. The usual discount is 20% more for an annual pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter