• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness in May

RocklandRVers

Mouseketeer
I am new to the DISboards. We are planning our first trip to FW May 11-17, 2003. I know that there is no crystal ball to predict these things but what is your best expert guess on the following:

When will they come out with discounts for May? Particularly for AP?

What can we expect as far as crowds? At FW? In Parks?

Generally what kind of weather? Temps? Rainfall?

Thanks all you experts!!!:smooth:

I will try to give you some direction as no one else has answered yet. this will also bump you up a bit and hopefully get some more responses.

When will they come out with discounts for May? Particularly for AP?

Generally they come out with discount codes 2 to 3 months early. However there are some times periods when they don't have as may disounts as others. (times when they are not having as much trouble filling the resorts)

What can we expect as far as crowds? At FW? In Parks?

From what i have learned from here and others i have talked to....It is not dead, but not max either. I would expect full parks and campground, with managable wait times. (20-40 min)

Generally what kind of weather? Temps? Rainfall?

Again, from what i have heard here and from others who live in Fla....May is quite nice. Can get hot and muggy. (80's and mid 90's) but not rainy season yet. Generally just the typical quick afternoon shower most, but not every day.

Hope others come by here and give you more input.

- lori

We were there last year during the last week of May. The weather was hot and humid. We had rain every day. But I think that was just a fluke and normally May isn't as "rough".

We were able to use a code to get the cabin for around $135. I don't remember when we were able to get this rate but keep looking on these boards. They were a huge help to me last year.

The crowds weren't bad - except on the weekends.

Hope this helps.

and had a great time. I booked the trip in Feb and got a cabin for around $150/nt(used a code found on Mousesavers.com). The weather was pretty good. It only rained once while we were there(our last night)!!!!!It was Memorial Day weekend(middle of our trip) and the weekend was awfully crowded, but the rest of the trip was pretty good. Swimming was great and it was never unbearably hot during the day! Hope this helps and hope you have a great trip!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter