Fort Wilderness Cabins

bbraen71

Earning My Ears
Hello,
We will be staying at the cabins in June and was wondering if there is any certain cabin/loop that is better to request for our stay. We will be renting a golf cart so transportation within the parks will not be a problem (hopefully). We will have 3 adults and two children (ages 1 & almost 6).

Thanks,
Ben

Hello,
We will be staying at the cabins in June and was wondering if there is any certain cabin/loop that is better to request for our stay. We will be renting a golf cart so transportation within the parks will not be a problem (hopefully). We will have 3 adults and two children (ages 1 & almost 6).

Thanks,
Ben
you might try posting on the campground page

Loop 2500 is by a comfort station (laundry) and small pool. Loops 2600 and 2700 are just across the street. If the main pool is going to be under refurbishment when you go that might be a good location. It also has a bus stop. Or if you want a playground nearby you could look for a loop with that.

Since you have a golf cart, that makes up for a lot of the plus/minus points in some loops.

Close to the pool is as good a reason as any I can come up with.

June will be warm and humid and you may have daily showers so take a towel or something to stash to wipe rain off if you come back from a park to a wet seat.

Finally, with 5 people, just make sure everyone is on a seat and not sitting on someone's lap or standing holding on while the cart is moving. You'll see some irresponsible cart usage while you're there (more so in private carts than in Disney's rentals imo). Just share the road with vehicles.

Have a great trip!

Bama Ed

I stayed in a cabin a couple years back and if you have the golf cart, it doesn't much matter. 2500 loop is closest to the small cabin area pool and 2100 loop is marginally closer to the Pioneer Hall / Settlement area, but otherwise no real advantages one way or another. Enjoy - the cabins are a super fun experience and the vibe at Fort Wilderness is unlike anything else at WDW!

I stayed in a cabin a couple years back and if you have the golf cart, it doesn't much matter. 2500 loop is closest to the small cabin area pool and 2100 loop is marginally closer to the Pioneer Hall / Settlement area, but otherwise no real advantages one way or another. Enjoy - the cabins are a super fun experience and the vibe at Fort Wilderness is unlike anything else at WDW!

As an aside, 2100 is now a camping/rv loop. The cabins in 2100 were removed a few years ago.

Which gets confusing because when the Fort was expanded beyond the initial 6 loops around 1976, 2100 was created as a camping/rv loop. Then when cabins became a thing Disney converted 2100 to cabins. Then recently converted them back. :crazy:

I'm sure it's a business case decision of rates/occupancy for campsites versus cabins.

But in keeping with the top of the thread, this make 2200 the closest cabin loop to the core area of the Fort (and Bay Lake) but as @MelanieRunsDisney said with a cart there's not much difference.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter