Fort Wilderness Cabins Question

DackAtak

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

Have lurked for a while on the board but had a question I couldn't find the answer to anywhere on here or else where on the interwebs.

Do the Fort Wilderness Cabins have heating/furnace? Looking to visit in the winter and with a little one wanted to find out.

Thanks for any help!

I would be surprised if there was no ability to heat the cabins; but winter in central Florida lasts around a week and that week changes every year. You’re more likely to need the AC during the winter than heat. I live an hour north of Disney and think we turned on the heat maybe 4-5 times at night this whole year. Spent a weekend at Disney in January and DD was mad we didn’t bring her swim suit….it was in the upper 80s all week.

Yes, they have central heat.

If you haven’t followed it, make sure to read up on the pending cabin conversion to DVC. Can’t recall when that starts but it’s sometime on the horizon.

And BTW, I’ve stayed at Disney plenty of times when I’ve needed heat in the room!

The last time I stayed in a cabin was the July 4th Week of 2018, so we had no use for heat, but I do remember the cabin having a relatively nice air conditioner. Temps reached 100 that week and we were always greeted with a nice, cold cabin. I can only imagine the same for heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter