Fort Lauderdale- Port Everglades

Mom2Anna&Elsa

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know whether DCL will offer ground transportation transfers to and from FLL for their new port in Fort Lauderdale? We are sailing late March/early April 2024 on the Dream 5 night.

It looks like the airport and port are very close. Getting there won’t be difficult (we will stay at a hotel that offers port transportation the night before), I’d just like to lock up transportation back to the airport on disembarkation day.

Im leaning towards booking a March 2024 cruise out of FL. This will be our first time leaving from this port. I’d really want to get a full day out of grand cayman, so like that itinerary. I’ll be watching the end of this year when it starts. I read that there may be other ships sailing from this port too.

Last edited:

Does anyone know whether DCL will offer ground transportation transfers to and from FLL for their new port in Fort Lauderdale? We are sailing late March/early April 2024 on the Dream 5 night.

It looks like the airport and port are very close. Getting there won’t be difficult (we will stay at a hotel that offers port transportation the night before), I’d just like to lock up transportation back to the airport on disembarkation day.
If you are sailing and flying out of FLL you can see the airport from the cruise ships and vice versa. They are basically immediately next to each other so (and I know this seems like an easy thing to say) but give it a few months.

You'll see them confirm transfer plans for their first cruises in November 23 out of FLL and your options will most likely look similar. At this point the only way to lock something down would be to find a private company but I'd be surprised if they make reservations outside of a few months.

I will be sailing my first DCL November 25, 2023 looking for a hotel and transportation as well so I will keep a look out for any updates. I figured if I had to I could just get a Lyft.

Their prestay hotel shows as Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. It is very close to the port. I wonder if they will offer luggage service separately and allow people to walk to port like they do in Vancouver.

You truly are my people! My cruise isn't until February but I was just talking to my dad about transfers last night. I told him that I was sure I'd know the lay of the land as soon as the first cruise went out of the port.

I will be sailing my first DCL November 25, 2023 looking for a hotel and transportation as well so I will keep a look out for any updates. I figured if I had to I could just get a Lyft.
I'm on this same cruise. Can't wait!
P.S. The airport and port are so close to each other - I'm planning on a very short taxi/Uber ride.

They haven’t opened 2024 prestays yet for our cruise. We have placeholder rooms at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale and a one day car rental that we can pick up at airport and return to port. That way we can pick up any items we don’t want to carry on the flight or we forget (with a group of 8, someone always forgets something!). We have a 12 passenger van for $120 through Costco that will be cheaper than multiple Uber/Lyft for that many people since we have to go from airport to hotel and then to the port the next day.

They haven’t opened 2024 prestays yet for our cruise. We have placeholder rooms at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale and a one day car rental that we can pick up at airport and return to port. That way we can pick up any items we don’t want to carry on the flight or we forget (with a group of 8, someone always forgets something!). We have a 12 passenger van for $120 through Costco that will be cheaper than multiple Uber/Lyft for that many people since we have to go from airport to hotel and then to the port the next day.
And get your group to dinner. Good deal.

We’re on the Jan 12 sailing. I’ve booked the Hyatt Place for the night before. There are two Hyatt’s just south of FLL that have airport pick ups (free) and shuttles to the port for $15pp. I was just planning on a cab post cruise but may look into to DCL transfers.

The area just south of the airport is called Dania Beach. Looks like it’s got convenient restaurants and last minute shopping needs.

We are staying at the GF before our cruise on January 26th. Taking a rental car but it kinda gives me anxiety bc it’s a longer trip than PC.

You shouldn’t get lost between Disney and Fort Lauderdale.

It is mildly easier to exit from Florida’s Turnpike onto 595 than off of I-95 to Davie, State Road 84, or 595 (any of those three will get you close to or at Port Everglades).

Do please pay attention as to where you need to drop your rental car off. Getting to the airport using any of the above routes is as easy as getting to Port Everglades.

Port Everglades is not walkable. It is a major industrial port as well as a cruise port. You have to go through a lot of the industrial holding areas to get to the dockings for the ships.

To the ship, cabs/ubers/hotel shuttles are easy and do not need preplanning. Arrange the morning of or the day before with the hotel for a shuttle.

From the ship, walk-off and follow signs to taxis/shuttles. No prearrangement needed and cheaper than anything the ship will offer.

Port Everglades is not walkable. It is a major industrial port as well as a cruise port. You have to go through a lot of the industrial holding areas to get to the dockings for the ships.

To the ship, cabs/ubers/hotel shuttles are easy and do not need preplanning. Arrange the morning of or the day before with the hotel for a shuttle.

From the ship, walk-off and follow signs to taxis/shuttles. No prearrangement needed and cheaper than anything the ship will offer.
Disney is using Terminal 4, which is on the north end of the port, near to a convention center. Many of the other terminals are further into the port. It would not be especially fun or especially safe (there is alot of vehicle traffic) , but one could walk between Terminal 4 and the Walgreen’s immediately outside the port (on the opposite side of Eller Drive) from the terminals. Ships’ crew do it on a weekly basis if they have some shore rime.

I would want to take a car/van/etc. between any hotel and any ship in Port Everglades if I had any luggage.

Getting a taxi/rideshqre at the end of your cruise to the airport is not difficult unless you need wheelchair-access vehicles.

Disney is using Terminal 4, which is on the north end of the port, near to a convention center. Many of the other terminals are further into the port. It would not be especially fun or especially safe (there is alot of vehicle traffic) , but one could walk between Terminal 4 and the Walgreen’s immediately outside the port (on the opposite side of Eller Drive) from the terminals. Ships’ crew do it on a weekly basis if they have some shore rime.

I would want to take a car/van/etc. between any hotel and any ship in Port Everglades if I had any luggage.

Getting a taxi/rideshqre at the end of your cruise to the airport is not difficult unless you need wheelchair-access vehicles.

A walk described as 'not fun or safe' is not walkable in my books.

Port Everglades is the easiest port I've been to. I think once Disney has their terminal fully up and running DCL fans will absolutely love it. I know Disney fans like to plan and stress over details. But Everglades just doesn't need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter