Fort Lauderdale Airport to port

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
So RCCL says we cannot book our R/T transfers with them from airport to port and back because we aren't arriving the day we want the transfers from the airport. We are arriving three days before, renting a car to do sightseeing, and returning the car to the airport on the day of the cruise. :confused3

So does anyone have any tips for other transportation other than cruise that we can take/use? Does the airport have shuttle buses you can get to the port? Thanks.

Yes there are shuttles from the airport here is one company https://www.go-airportshuttle.com/. Which rental car company are you using? Some have locations with shuttles to the port. You can take a cab or uber, it's less than 5 miles away.

Last edited:
A couple of things:
RCL doesn't actually know that you flew in three days before hand
If you are looking for an independent shuttle, I'd consider Uber/Lyft from FLL. Its a very short ride from the airport to the cruise docks.

Many of the rental car companies offer shuttles to the port- the same rental car facility serves both (with several exceptions, but they usually also have shuttle or drop-off service).

I used Uber. It was less than $20 including tip. I dropped my family off at the port with the luggage, returned the rental car than caught an Uber. FLL airport is only 10 minutes or so from the port so it is really easy to get back and forth.

Augh. doublepost.
We've all been there.

I dropped my family off at the port with the luggage, returned the rental car than caught an Uber.
This except with a taxi. Costs a little bit more but not significantly so in the grand scheme of things. My wife and kids usually check in first as well, and I join them (in Windjammer or wherever) once I do the same. This won't work for everyone, but we've been on enough cruises that we don't need to take the group photos at the start etc.

A couple of things:
RCL doesn't actually know that you flew in three days before hand
If you are looking for an independent shuttle, I'd consider Uber/Lyft from FLL. Its a very short ride from the airport to the cruise docks.

Actually the rep told me that I have to provide flight information for them to book the shuttle. It's probably cheaper to Uber or take another shuttle. Since they have done so many things to my reservation already, maybe booking my transportation with them isn't such a good idea ;)

Actually the rep told me that I have to provide flight information for them to book the shuttle. It's probably cheaper to Uber or take another shuttle. Since they have done so many things to my reservation already, maybe booking my transportation with them isn't such a good idea ;)
I'm pretty sure you can just put in a flight number of a flight that arrives at the time you want to get picked up. Like Magical Express I don't think they actually check if you're on the flight. But it's probably cheaper to just book your own transportation.

I'm pretty sure you can just put in a flight number of a flight that arrives at the time you want to get picked up. Like Magical Express I don't think they actually check if you're on the flight. But it's probably cheaper to just book your own transportation.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter