Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami Port

Do you have an overnight stay in between or are you flying in day of (yikes)?

We've flown into FLL and sailed out of Miami twice and we did it two different ways. The first time we took a shared shuttle from FLL to downtown Miami, then took a taxi to the port in the morning. The second time, we rented a car, stayed in FLL and then drove to Miami, returned the car and took the car rental shuttle to the port.

The first way was logistically a little bit easier so I would take a shuttle. Here on the DIS we were recommended SAS Shuttle and they were awful. The driver was incredibly unsafe, the van smelled and was dirty and I will never use them again. I've heard good things about Jiffy Jeff so that's probably who I would use if I were to do it again. You could probably get an Uber, but you might want to price that out depending on how many people you have.

I am local to FLL so I don't have the best advice for transport to Port of Miami. However, I will say that although the two places seem close, they can be HOURS apart based on traffic. I would do everything I could to re-schedule your flight to the night before.

Best option from for Transport from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami Cruiseport?
We always use Jiffy Jeff Transportation for these types of transfers. They also offer return transfers, from the Port of Miami to the FLL airport as well.

We did this in October… flew into FLL thr day before, spent the night in a hotel near FLL and took an Uber/Lyft to POM in thr morning. No issues at all! After disembarking, we took an Uber back to FLL. A little less easy since it can be tricky to find your driver with all the disembarking passengers and all the Ubers at the curb. Also, surge pricing drove the fare up by 30% or so, but overall we would do it the same way again! Saved a lot on our hotel vs a Miami hotel and preferred FLL over MIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter