• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Gate Tip

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
On our trip this week, neither my nor @tigger92662 ‘s Magic Bands would open the main Fort entrance gate. People have struggled with this for years. My tip used to be to tap it twice and it would usually open but that didn’t work today. It dawned on me that you have the “Unlock Door” button in your MDE app. I opened that up, tapped my phone to the reader and the gate opened.

(And for those wondering, yes we had used our magic bands on a comfort station and it worked so it wasn’t the magic band.)

Good to know. My band didnt work 2 years ago for the gate when we went, and it was new. Lol. They told me people were sneaking in or something like that, i cant remember exactly. But i didnt feel good waiting at the gate. This is good news, if i can remember to use it.

I once had a guard tell me to make sure the Mickey symbol was facing up on the magic band, touching in the center of the black pad. I don't think that matters, but darn if we didn't start having some better luck after that.

I've never tried the gate, in all our trips, we have never left the bubble, we either boat or bus everywhere.

I'm always amazed at the variation in travel styles. Everyone has their way of doing things. December will be the 20th trip for DW and me, and I think we've stayed entirely in the bubble twice. We always stay in the bubble, but we grocery shop and periodically eat offsite.

Many things that can frustrate you about Disney, but the breadth of opportunities for various travel styles is one of the things I love!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter