Fort check-in on Friday?

sweet maxine

DIS Veteran
Is it busier on a Friday afternoon, say, around 4:30 or 5:00? Or is it just as busy on Saturday morning, say, around 8:30 or 9:00? Better to try for Thursday if possible?

We have been to FW many times - probably a dozen. If you did on-line check in, all your paper work is completed. You stay in your vehicle in special drive through lanes. The Cast Member will give you your packet and directions to the campsite. Even when there is a line, it goes pretty quickly. I think the busiest time is 2-4pm as campsites are generally available before then. When we have arrived earlier, we have once received our site and another time we had a short wait. Frankly, I wouldn't try to go early morning.

Frankly, I wouldn't try to go early morning.
Really???? :eek:

I think just the opposite. I think the early morning is the BEST. No lines (to speak of), not feeling rushed, plus you can generally get a better "Choice" at a site. If your site IS ready, you can go right in. If your site is NOT ready, you can usually see what is available and that is ready and "Choose" one. Even if it's not ready, and you are early, you can still "Choose" one that will be available, so if you have a "Favorite" this is the best way to get it.

Also if there is an issue with your site (you cannot get your rig in, don't like it's location or whatever) you can go back and ask for a different site that better suits your needs.

The on-line check-in thing is new for me. Sounds like that helps speed things along.
We used the online check-in last time. Now our site wasn't ready when we got there but the DW would have wanted to stop anyway because it's all part of the experience. Again, we come early so it's much more leisurely too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter