• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Former Cast Members Take Back the Parks! (A June WDW Vacation TR): Updated 2/12

What a fun road trip! I like the snacks you brought. I've never seen those before but they look handy and tasty!
Glad you made it back to your "world!"

Can't wait for the rest, in the meantime enjoy your trip to Texas Hill Country!

What a fun road trip! I like the snacks you brought. I've never seen those before but they look handy and tasty!
Glad you made it back to your "world!"

Can't wait for the rest, in the meantime enjoy your trip to Texas Hill Country!

You're so sweet! Thank you so much.

Oh love the pre-trip gifts etc :)
I've also seen Tomorrowland, still not sure how I feel about it... I thought it was a strange strange movie :/

Well keep up the good writing I love reading this!

Wow, thanks for the great update:) Just a few comments. I Never listen to movie critics reviews as they always are opposite of ours. So, I bet Tomorrowland is great! I will try Kohl's online for my Minnie tops. I've been searching walmart but no luck on Disney shirts. Where else is a good spot to check? Also, what are chacos? I'm looking for a great pair of sandals to wear while at WDW, something substantial but not looking like a leather rack/strap thingy? Thanks for the info on Go Picnic meals. I love target and have never seen them? So will get some for our flight in November. Can't wait for more reports!

Wow, thanks for the great update:) Just a few comments. I Never listen to movie critics reviews as they always are opposite of ours. So, I bet Tomorrowland is great! I will try Kohl's online for my Minnie tops. I've been searching walmart but no luck on Disney shirts. Where else is a good spot to check? Also, what are chacos? I'm looking for a great pair of sandals to wear while at WDW, something substantial but not looking like a leather rack/strap thingy? Thanks for the info on Go Picnic meals. I love target and have never seen them? So will get some for our flight in November. Can't wait for more reports!

I can always find a few Disney graphic tees or tanks at Target, this year they tend to be next to the bathing suit section at my store. Chacos are a walking sandal with a thick sole and adjustable straps. They're pricy but I honestly wear them every day over the summer. I bought mine at a small local shoe store, but they're available at several sporting goods stores, depending on what you have access to. I like them because they have really good arch support, plus they are perfect for Florida rain. You can submerge your feet in water and they will still be completely dry as fast as the water can evaporate basically, so no smelliness. We're both wearing them here, though Scott has one of his buckles undone so they look weird. Hahaimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Joining in, and though I realize you two might be on that road trip, know that some people here are eagerly awaiting your next installment!

Former CMs, no kids, *and* you've got new tips to share? I'm in like Flynn.

Joining in. Just read through your last TR from Disneyland and really enjoyed it. I thought you had a lot of little tidbits that I hadn't read else where (even things like the cars on the monorail being smaller than those at WDW, stuff like that).

Hope things work out with the Magic Bands - We enjoyed FP+ and it works for our family but worrying about if all the technology will work definitely adds a level of stress to the trip!

We saw Tomorrowland and I also read the prequel (though I didn't finish it before seeing the movie). I enjoyed both - though felt like both could have used another round of editing. Especially the last third or so of the movie got a little wonky and I feel like the story could have been tightened. Still really enjoyed it and the message it has.

Joining in! One of my best friends was a CM for about a decade in the 90s-00s (including a few contracts at Tokyo Disneyland) and I love hearing her perspective on the parks. Looking forward to YOUR perspective!

Joining in. Just read through your last TR from Disneyland and really enjoyed it. I thought you had a lot of little tidbits that I hadn't read else where (even things like the cars on the monorail being smaller than those at WDW, stuff like that).

Hope things work out with the Magic Bands - We enjoyed FP+ and it works for our family but worrying about if all the technology will work definitely adds a level of stress to the trip!

We saw Tomorrowland and I also read the prequel (though I didn't finish it before seeing the movie). I enjoyed both - though felt like both could have used another round of editing. Especially the last third or so of the movie got a little wonky and I feel like the story could have been tightened. Still really enjoyed it and the message it has.

I definitely agree about the editing. I'm an English teacher and I don't claim to have picture perfect grammar by any means, but there were a lot of typos in the book! I definitely loved the message and it gave me the right attitude for a Disney trip.

I see that you're planning a Disneyland trip with young children, you will love it. We don't have any children and even for us, the ease of transportation (or rather, the lack of need for any transportation) was so freeing. There's no need to load a stroller into the bus, into the monorail, etc. You can just make a brisk walk wherever you need! Also, the kids will love playing in Toontown & it's great that they'll get to experience it, since it's no longer at WDW.

Joining in! One of my best friends was a CM for about a decade in the 90s-00s (including a few contracts at Tokyo Disneyland) and I love hearing her perspective on the parks. Looking forward to YOUR perspective!

Wow, visiting Tokyo Disneyland is our current goal/dream vacation! That's awesome that your friend got to work there!

Joining in and loving your trip report so far! My eldest DD is doing the DCP Fall Advantage program now working at Pinocchio's Village Haus. Can't wait to see her in August (and November and December ;) ).

Joining in and loving your trip report so far! My eldest DD is doing the DCP Fall Advantage program now working at Pinocchio's Village Haus. Can't wait to see her in August (and November and December ;) ).

This is Scott.. (The half of the trip reporters who is not Alli).. Thank you for following along! We're both big fans of Pinocchio's Village Haus. Their flatbreads are delish! Also, we spent many a night in PVH handing out candy during MNSSHP, so it holds a special place in our hearts. I'm sure she will love her program and make lifelong friends!

This looks like it's going to be a fun trip! And I'm making a mental note to check at Kohl's for Disney clothes for me. My kids can't have all the fun, right?

This looks like it's going to be a fun trip! And I'm making a mental note to check at Kohl's for Disney clothes for me. My kids can't have all the fun, right?

Yes, the Lauren Conrad Disney lines at Kohls have been really cute! There was a Cinderella themed line when the live action movie came out, and the Minnie Mouse line came out in May. So they might still have some items on sale in the store or online. They had a handful of blouses, a couple dresses, and a few casual graphic tops. You'll see the two tops I got in upcoming posts but I was really happy with them because I could wear them at Disney and feel in the spirit or I can wear them to work as well and remember our awesome trip.

By the way, I see you are visiting Disney in February, that's awesome! There will be low crowds and the temperatures won't be as scorching. Plus, you should avoid the daily thunderstorms during the afternoons in the summer.

Joining in too! Cant wait to hear all about your trip - I'm on the last few weeks of counting down before my first trip to WDW so the more I read about others adventures the more excited I get

I just love your Mickey suitcase! That must make claiming luggage super easy..hee! And your doggie is absolutely adorable :)

Joining in too! Cant wait to hear all about your trip - I'm on the last few weeks of counting down before my first trip to WDW so the more I read about others adventures the more excited I get

Your first trip is going to be so amazing! I highly, highly recommend that you get to the Magic Kingdom for rope drop on your first morning (if scheduling permits) and watch the welcome show. After that, you'll have the pleasure of walking up Main Street USA as all the cast members come out and wave good morning. The energy and dynamic in the air is just unbeatable. I see you've been to the Disney Parks all over the world, so you probably already know what to do, but experiencing all of that made for one of the greatest mornings of my life!

I just love your Mickey suitcase! That must make claiming luggage super easy..hee! And your doggie is absolutely adorable :)

Thank you! Yes, I'm yet to see anyone else with the same suitcase! I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad one. ;) Also, thank you I love my dog so very much! I wish we could've taken her to that special day at Magic Kingdom where you could bring your dogs into the park!

I'm joining along! I didn't become a Disney fanatic until after college so I'm sad I'll never get to do DCP, but my sister in law is trying to get in next year I believe. She is a student at Florida State. It seems as though you and your BF had a positive experience. Anywho, can't wait to read more of your trip!

Your pre-trip surprises are so cute! I think that's one of the most fun parts of a trip - the planning and countdown. The anticipation is the best. I'm glad that your drive down to Florida was relatively quick and painless. We used to drive down every summer from NYC - 18 hours of endless trees. Never again!

Joining in for the fun.:)

What breed is your dog? We have a pomerat(half pomeranian and half rat terrier). His face is really similar to your dog's face, but he has the crazy hair of a pomeranian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter