• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Formal night on Fantasy

Billybob7

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there is going to be a formal night on the upcoming 7 night Fantasy cruises?

Through onboard sources, today we heard no due to social distancing efforts.

really.....just did a chat and got this reply from
Emma

Saturday: Cruise Casual
Sunday: Formal
Monday: Cruise Casual
Tuesday: Cruise Casual
Wednesday: Cruise Casual
Thursday: Semi-Formal
Friday: Cruise Casual

Tuesday is scheduled to be a cruise casual/buccaneer take-over evening.

Would sure help to know for packing

really.....just did a chat and got this reply from
Emma

Saturday: Cruise Casual
Sunday: Formal
Monday: Cruise Casual
Tuesday: Cruise Casual
Wednesday: Cruise Casual
Thursday: Semi-Formal
Friday: Cruise Casual

Tuesday is scheduled to be a cruise casual/buccaneer take-over evening.

Would sure help to know for packing

what is the date of your cruise?

i talked to a DCL CM this afternoon and was informed no formal night or pirates night. Seems like conflicting reports. we sail on the 16th. But have a week at WDW before the cruise. It sure would make packing easier

i talked to a DCL CM this afternoon and was informed no formal night or pirates night. Seems like conflicting reports. we sail on the 16th. But have a week at WDW before the cruise. It sure would make packing easier

Pirate night is now Buccaneer night with a show in the dining room.
I will see if my TA can find out more about a formal night. We have Palo, so still need to pack formal, but not everyone in our party is going there

Very odd.
I did another chat, this time with Saige and she also said there is a formal night on Sunday, day 2.
I did send an email to my TA asking him to check too.

Phone CMs aren't reliable sources for onboard activities.

We are on the 10/16 sailing. Someone in our FB group posted that there won’t be a formal night on our cruise. Info came from cast members currently working on the fantasy. Due to social distancing concerns.

Last edited:
TA will contact today.

How does social distancing change with the clothes you are wearing? That's what I don't understand if there is no formal night.

TA will contact today.

How does social distancing change with the clothes you are wearing? That's what I don't understand if there is no formal night.

I suspect they don’t want everyone congregating in the atrium for formal pics. The actual dinners in the dining rooms would be the same.

I suspect they don’t want everyone congregating in the atrium for formal pics. The actual dinners in the dining rooms would be the same.

We never did those pictures.....just the ones where the photographer comes to the table

Pirate night is now Buccaneer night with a show in the dining room.
I will see if my TA can find out more about a formal night. We have Palo, so still need to pack formal, but not everyone in our party is going there
Is the Buccaneer nt for a specific cruise only? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter