Forfeit tusker ADR for FoP

Disney2019trip

Earning My Ears
hi guys, was wondering if i forfeit my tusker ADR at 08:10 and pay a late cancellation fee, will I be able to beat the crowds before rope drop for FoP? (From what ive read rope drop usually happens around 8:30ish near tiffins?) Or i wouldnt be allowed in Pandora before rope drop? Or I would be joining the rope drop crowds? Thanks

I can’t answer your question, but another option is to keep your ADR. Take a midday break and return to AK at night. Get in line for FOP shortly before closing. The wait shouldn’t be too bad then.

Changing the reservation to another day and then cancelling may avoid the no show fee.

With no fastpass for FoP I would keep my ADR and get in line right before closing, at rope drope the line will be longer, Pandora is beautiful at night also.

Changing the reservation to another day and then cancelling may avoid the no show fee.
I'm pretty sure they are wanting to keep this reservation just to get in the park early and basically not show up once let into the park so they can try to beat the rope drop people to the front of the line. I may have misread into it, but that's the way I took it. If I'm wrong, I apologize to the OP.

Keep your ADR and as others have indicated hit FoP close to closing. When you get to AK and see that crowd remember 75%+ is heading towards Pandora. We do the opposite preopening breakfast at Tusker House and then we walk over to Kilimanjaro without a fast pass, never waited more than 15 minutes for the ride. Doing this we have also hit Kali and EE without fast passes. Other parks I do the fast pass early but in AK, Fop has made it easier to ride several rides early and save those Fast Passes for when the park gets crowded.

I'm pretty sure they are wanting to keep this reservation just to get in the park early and basically not show up once let into the park so they can try to beat the rope drop people to the front of the line. I may have misread into it, but that's the way I took it. If I'm wrong, I apologize to the OP.

In short, yes Im willing to pay for the cancellation fee and forfeit my ADR for an early entrance... but my question is, is it doable? Or will i end up going in with the rope drop?

As Orlando was an impromtu trip for me im doing a one day park hopper without much hope of FPs as ill be buying my ticket just days ahead.

My plan is to do
1)AK
2)Epcot
3) HS
4) MK

As i wanna watch the fireworks near the castle so I dont really wanna put AK last...

Ive been to all the Disneys around the world so Ill be skipping pretty much any rides that Ive been on before..so hopefully i can still get on all the rest..

Ill be taking uber for the hop, is it the quickest way?

Ive read a few places that does meals/desserts with the fireworks.... can anyone shed light on the best ones? Ideally with the castle?

Thanks heaps!!!

In short, yes Im willing to pay for the cancellation fee and forfeit my ADR for an early entrance... but my question is, is it doable? Or will i end up going in with the rope drop?

As Orlando was an impromtu trip for me im doing a one day park hopper without much hope of FPs as ill be buying my ticket just days ahead.

My plan is to do
1)AK
2)Epcot
3) HS
4) MK

As i wanna watch the fireworks near the castle so I dont really wanna put AK last...

Ive been to all the Disneys around the world so Ill be skipping pretty much any rides that Ive been on before..so hopefully i can still get on all the rest..

Ill be taking uber for the hop, is it the quickest way?

Ive read a few places that does meals/desserts with the fireworks.... can anyone shed light on the best ones? Ideally with the castle?

Thanks heaps!!!
I can’t answer all your questions, but for the MK there is a dessert party.You have 3 choices- seated terrace view and the before fireworks or after fireworks garden view. We prefer the after party, garden view. We did terrace and didn’t like the view.

Also, Uber won’t help you much with the MK. The only transportation that goes directly to the MK gates are busses and Minnie Van. If you were doing Epcot before the MK you could use the monorail.

At Epcot, there is the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party for a Illuminations, but you can’t do both in one night. FOE ends with a no wait ride on Frozen.

I am guessing no one is allowed into Pandora, or at least on the ride, until after rope drop (as they didn't used to even let you cross the bridge into Pandora until after the main gate opened and everyone herded together before the bridge and were literally stopped there). But if you want to ride FoP, why not just cancel your ADR, get to the park an hour early and rope drop it? If you are there an hour early, it's on and off with minimal wait. It doesn't gain you much, or any, time no showing your ADR... There are CM's stationed all along that area, so you could keep it I guess, go in and ask and then decide.

I am guessing no one is allowed into Pandora, or at least on the ride, until after rope drop (as they didn't used to even let you cross the bridge into Pandora until after the main gate opened and everyone herded together before the bridge and were literally stopped there). But if you want to ride FoP, why not just cancel your ADR, get to the park an hour early and rope drop it? If you are there an hour early, it's on and off with minimal wait. It doesn't gain you much, or any, time no showing your ADR... There are CM's stationed all along that area, so you could keep it I guess, go in and ask and then decide.
In my experience they will usually open the park before 9AM and then have you sit at the Pandora bridge until they open the land/park.

I agree with you though.

You can change the reservation once already in the park to a different day, then cancel. I've been able to do it up to 15 minutes before a reservation. (Haven't tried closer than that, not that it's not possible)

In my experience they will usually open the park before 9AM and then have you sit at the Pandora bridge until they open the land/park.

I agree with you though.

Yeah, that's the way it's been every other time I've been so that's why I don't think they would let anyone back there, but in December when I was there they did it totally different (through the tapstiles and into Pandora immediately and right into line) so it still may change from day to day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter