Forever Could Even Start Today, Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 17 update 10/1: Last Day, Budget recap

Magic Kingdom Again!
Part Two: Be Our Guest!

We were off to Fantasyland again to ride Peter Pan (among other things).

HvBrLYAl.jpg

Don't worry, I won't sing the song.

Wdx35Twl.jpg

rWoldChl.jpg

We hit a boat jam on the way out, so either I got picked up again or someone else had my name...

zaHbB2nl.jpg

EbuKYXLl.jpg

Why are their selfies?

4IqsEfjl.jpg

And then someone threw a duck at us

PsptltYl.jpg

3dG3XBXl.jpg

We heeded the call of Star Command:

f77mHdzl.jpg

YJ18oa4l.jpg

Then hit up Space Mountain. I was on a roll with showing up on the screens!

dtWCoSxl.jpg

9wOBS6Hl.jpg

Back to catch Pooh. On the way Zack stopped to use the restroom, so I told him I'd grab us drinnks. In reality I attempted to finish as much of this as possible so I wouldn't have to share.

G112Ncnl.jpg

FZHhpqtl.jpg

On one of our rides on Pooh, we had an older couple seated behind us, with their children and grandchildren in the following car. As we took off from the station, the lady leaned forward and said she was going to pretend we were here grandchildren :rotfl: It was pretty funny, she kept pointing things out in the ride.

Things had been too tame for too long, so we were off for the wildest ride in the wilderness!

f0Bl90Yl.jpg

LPuhTZel.jpg

We decided to walk through the Castle for our next destination.

8HWtLGLl.jpg

8EClJoEl.jpg

gRLrjOIl.jpg

The dining room is proud to present:

Your dinner...

The line was super long to check in. And there were children crawling around us on the ground while we waited :confused3 I think this line took about 20 mins.

So of course I spent our time waiting for our table to be ready taking photos.

p6BhXXxl.jpg

9LKALral.jpg

There we go!

TK83psGl.jpg

34SPW7bl.jpg

Anyone can take a photo of the restaurant doors, but only I can get one with Zack wandering in front of them! :rotfl:

After a bit Lumiere showed up to take us to our table in the music box room. I basically force Zack to get:

QNiIZDyl.jpg

French Onion Soup - Topped with a Crouton and Gruyere Cheese $10

Which he really loved. He'd never really had French Onion soup... he's a huge onion lover :confused3 I am not so I did not partake, I stuck with the bread basket. For his entree, he chose:

kbiGOr0l.jpg

Grilled Strip Steak - with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites $35

He said it was good, I didn't try it. I had to have:

8pJSnUrl.jpg

Braised Beef - served with seasonal vegetables, baby potatoes, balsamic caramelized onions, and crispy potato curls $32

So delicious. The pork just fell apart and the sauce was great. I don't remember the asparagus being anything special :rolleyes1

I couldn't not get the Grey Stuff, but apparently I could not get a photo of it. :confused3 We also got a plate of Grey Stuff shaped like a Mickey head with Mickey sprinkles for our honeymoon, and a card.

The "Grey Stuff" Highlight Item - chocolate spongecake topped with Lumiere's special "grey stuff" $5

Zack attempted to skip the photos with the Beast, but of course we didn't let that happen.

h7qAZtUl.jpg

CB4dhczl.jpg

Be Our Guest: $92 including tax and tip, after saving $19 with TIW

We really enjoyed our meal, but I'm not thrilled with the new Prix Fixe menu so it didn't make our list for the next trip. How could they get rid of that pork?? I'm glad we made it for our honeymoon. I was happy with the amount of food we picked and price too, and I think it'd run around $114 with TIW discount now for two people, no alcohol. I would rather not pay an extra $22 for another $5 dessert and an app that I don't want, even though it's not a ton of money.

bVZtukKl.jpg

So long BOG dinner, we'll see you for breakfast in a few weeks!

The sun was going down as we got out, and they already had the area around the castle closed for the Fireworks, so we headed around through Liberty Square to get back to the hub.

fGCnrhdl.jpg

nqTMMx8l.jpg

I love Fantasyland, it's like a story book :love:

9chQJoPl.jpg

WSUhvdCl.jpg

ZD5eVbJl.jpg

tbzBKWnl.jpg

We were off to stake out a spot for Happily Ever After!

I feel he same way about Tony's. We ate there way back in 2011 on our first trip because that was my dd's favorite movie at the time and we have never gone back.
I'd like to like it as a lunch option, because I'm a huge L&T fan and pasta fan, but now I'm scarred: laughing: I've seen several recent reviews saying it was fine, and I probably would have felt more like that if I could have gotten Alfredo. The scampi was definitely not good that day! :crazy2:

As we went to leave, Zack ended up in a coversation with the man seated next to us. He was alone, in his 70s, and telling us how he’d come to MK the first year it opened and has come in September every year since. And I remember him saying he’d recently had a surgery and his doctor didn’t want him to go, but he told him there was no way he was missing that year. :) He was basically an adorable old man. And while he talked, our waiter was pushing/reaching around us to clear our table. It was just a bit strange overall, and didn’t help my bias against Tony’s in general.
How cute! Too bad that the server was so bad.

Though I do see Alfredo on the menu now, so it probably would be a bit better.
We went there along time ago and it was the same. Just ok.

299qPGQl.jpg

A herd of lions protecting that sleeping zebra, so sweet... it's DEAD tired!
I always love that one.

I hope you all enjoyed cruising vicariously through my photos. Hope you didn't feel like it went on... for niles and niles and niles...
HA! :rotfl2:

EbuKYXLl.jpg

Why are their selfies?
He totally looks like that is what he is thinking.

Great Photo!!!

Magic Kingdom Again!
Part Three: Happily Ever After

Looks like I took almost 200 photos of the show....

Don't worry, I'll just pick a few favorites!

v0f2Uy3l.jpg

6QF9WrGl.jpg

I thought people were going to get into a fight with this family in front of us over this balloon, and they also were standing their child up on the stroller handle :scared1: Not only were people upset over both of them being in the way, but trying to balance the kid on the stroller handle seemed a bit dangerous to me :confused3 We saw the child slip several times... They had also squeezed in kind of late, which wasn't helping people's attitudes towards this family. Luckily they tied the balloon down and held the child in front of them (like level with the parents' head/shoulders) before the show started.

But I couldn't help but think, wouldn't this be a great photo with a non fuzzy balloon? (and maybe not dead center covering most of the castle, off to the side a bit...)

oqysMUMl.jpg

gFMKOpXl.jpg

v86njvDl.jpg

uZXruUCl.jpg

PoG1rdyl.jpg

mgUt9S9l.jpg

HSlVeGvl.jpg

pTAoIRfl.jpg

The balloon escaped towards the end...

Magic Kingdom had EMH hours this night, so we decided to head somewhere we figured would 1. Have no crowds, and 2. Was something we'd never done before...

OXpE7xcl.jpg

hFEEpdJl.jpg

Yes! Out of two trips to Disneyland and two to Disney World, this was the first time we had ridden Dumbo!

And it was almost a tragedy...

I think I mentioned I had picked up a refillable popcorn bucket earlier in the trip. It seemed great because I would just hook the bucket handle around my purse strap, and you could barely tell it was there! Except a few times, the lid wasn't there! And I'd look back to see it laying a few feet behind me :sad2: So this night as we got off Dumbo, I clipped the bucket on the edge of the car, and the lid almost rolled into the water underneath the ride! :scared1: I think I about fell in trying to grab it. Imagine if they had to close down Dumbo because an adult fell into the pool! :rotfl:

I guess me and popcorn buckets just aren't meant to be.

VOR7MIxl.jpg

After that close call, I think we went to try and ride BTMRR, but the line was crazy long. I know they were checking magicbands to make sure you were a resort guest, but it was all the way across the Splash Mountain bridge to where that path connects with the Frontierland/Adventureland paths :faint:

So we figured it was time to call it a night... or at least head to Main Street and pick up some of the things we'd decided we would be getting this trip. Wedding-y things, like Mickey shaped pancake forms, a trivet, tongs... oh and a photo frame. This was the only time we took advantage of sending purchases to BLT :rotfl:

FgV4fD2l.jpg

One more castle photo...

zpcoEuzl.jpg

I thought people were going to get into a fight with this family in front of us over this balloon, and they also were standing their child up on the stroller handle :scared1: Not only were people upset over both of them being in the way, but trying to balance the kid on the stroller handle seemed a bit dangerous to me :confused3 We saw the child slip several times... They had also squeezed in kind of late, which wasn't helping people's attitudes towards this family. Luckily they tied the balloon down and held the child in front of them (like level with the parents' head/shoulders) before the show started.
OH man. This is why we haven't been staying for fireworks much anymore. And why I am going to try and book the post fireworks show for Magic Kingdom.

Yes! Out of two trips to Disneyland and two to Disney World, this was the first time we had ridden Dumbo!

And it was almost a tragedy...
That is a Disney Tragedy... Kind of like the fact that I have yet to try a mickey ice cream bar.

I think I about fell in trying to grab it. Imagine if they had to close down Dumbo because an adult fell into the pool! :rotfl:
I find this idea kind of funny. I mean it wouldn't be funny..... but it would....

After that close call, I think we went to try and ride BTMRR, but the line was crazy long. I know they were checking magicbands to make sure you were a resort guest, but it was all the way across the Splash Mountain bridge to where that path connects with the Frontierland/Adventureland paths :faint:
I always wonder how long the line is when they are like that. Really... you know.

Love your castle photos! Even the one with the balloon.
Thank you!
OH man. This is why we haven't been staying for fireworks much anymore. And why I am going to try and book the post fireworks show for Magic Kingdom
Yeah... I'm excited to do the after show dessert party in a few weeks!
I always wonder how lon
Yeah, it probably wasn't actually too terrible since one your got your band scanned I bet you basically ran through the queue. That was how it was one night in January that we did evening EMH for BTMRR. But that's okay, we had our big list of houseware type stuff to spend wedding money on ;)

My husband works from a company that owns Universal Studios and we have an AP. We love Royal Pacific - it is our go to place. We have stayed at the other hotels and find ourselves going back to Royal Pacific. We also love frozen butter beer and they have some great restaurants. Love you trip report so far.

Hi, Alyssa :)

I just spent the last two days during my work breaks binge reading your entire TR. It was so much fun!!! We did an Escape vow renewal through Disney, and I loved how you were able to do it on your own and add all the magical touches to keep it just Disney enough. So magical!

So, now that I'm all caught up, can't wait to read more and hear about your most recent trip, as well! I started reading your other TR, too, because we also just booked a Disney Dream cruise!! Ours isn't until December 2019 though, a Very Merrytime Cruise! I cannot wait, so I'm reading anything and everything I can get my hands on about cruising at the moment!!

What an amazing night in MK. Love all your HEA pictures. We finally saw it on our last trip but from California Grill so I've yet to experience the projections. But your photos totally bring it to life.

Can't wait to hear about it!
Spoiler - thought it was great! Even if I was accused of taking all of the egg rolls... :rolleyes1
My husband works from a company that owns Universal Studios and we have an AP. We love Royal Pacific - it is our go to place. We have stayed at the other hotels and find ourselves going back to Royal Pacific. We also love frozen butter beer and they have some great restaurants. Love you trip report so far.
Thank you! We love Royal Pacific!
Love the Harry Potter theming - it is so magical the first time you see it.
It is! :love:
Hi, Alyssa :)

I just spent the last two days during my work breaks binge reading your entire TR. It was so much fun!!! We did an Escape vow renewal through Disney, and I loved how you were able to do it on your own and add all the magical touches to keep it just Disney enough. So magical!

So, now that I'm all caught up, can't wait to read more and hear about your most recent trip, as well! I started reading your other TR, too, because we also just booked a Disney Dream cruise!! Ours isn't until December 2019 though, a Very Merrytime Cruise! I cannot wait, so I'm reading anything and everything I can get my hands on about cruising at the moment!!

Thanks! I remember lurking on your vow renewal report :)

I'm going to try and get this one wrapped up here, so I can at least do something for our other trips. I'm so pumped to do another cruise, so I'm sure you'll love it! Waiting is the worst part!

Hi Alyssa just got caught back up on your TR.

Love your view at BLT.

I kinda think the balloon is cool with the fw behind it.
I could get really spoiled with fireworks views...
What an amazing night in MK. Love all your HEA pictures. We finally saw it on our last trip but from California Grill so I've yet to experience the projections. But your photos totally bring it to life.
Aw thanks! It was a really great last night... even if it was the last night :sad:

Last Day at Epcot
Part One: I'm running out of titles...

We headed into our final day at Epcot :sad:

First stop was to Kringla Bakeri for breakfast. I had a Troll Horn which was delicious but is now gone after the refurb :sad:
ZrHcWY7l.jpg

Troll Horn - lingonberry cream filling?

Zack had the Chocolate Pretzel
U78qEV9l.jpg

Chocolate Pretzel - sweet raisin pretzel glazed with icing and chocolate $4.99

Side note - why do they not tell you this has RAISINS in it?? :crazy2: I made this sad discovery last week after we went in and confirmed my Troll Horn was really gone.

Then we were off to Thank the Phoenicians.

NSECR6ul.jpg

05s9D8cl.jpg

x7YnKGll.jpg

X9si1iYl.jpg

My eyes. Everytime.

wNDd64Rl.jpg

e3cf8f8l.jpg

It's like someone did a bad job trying to cover up red eye in paint.

JgBsTEJl.jpg

I'll be seeing you...

in your nightmares...

We visited everyone's favorite purple dragon...

87kOuIzl.jpg

And took a spin through Arendelle

s8gqgAol.jpg

Mostly killing time until the most important thing: Food Booths!

We stopped in India for

nF8iqdvl.jpg

Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips (V) (KA) – $4.75

We thought this was good, though wished it was bigger (bread is one of my four main food groups). Had it again this year, but after being to Sanaa, it's definitely not the same! But a nice snack in the park.

Then we wandered off to Germany, where we met up with some friends.

8vDjywsl.jpg

hwdwTVol.jpg

And tried some food.

Q1L51X5l.jpg

Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll (KA) — $5.50

Fr9wVQXl.jpg

Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese (KA) — $4.25

I don't recall being impressed by the brat, plus they put some evil mustard in there and I had to avoid that end. The schinkelnuden (I was closer at the spelling than I expected :rotfl:) was pretty good, but felt like a lot. That sounds silly, especially as going into this I was reading about how prices keep getting bigger and portions getting smaller, and this was around $4 for a big serving. But Zack got most of it as I wanted to try more things!

We moved on to Spain where I was deceived again! This was the only thing with much interest from the booth, but I'm not a fruity dessert fan - no fruits, no fruit sauces, nada. But in the photo of this, it showed the lemon sauce pooled on the plate. But we got this:

j129zatl.jpg

Sweet Olive Oil Cake – Served with Powdered Sugar and Lemon Curd.

:crazy2: I was burned by Disneyland and their lemon anniversary desserts multiple times in 2016. Each time it did not say that the dessert was lemon flavored to begin with, and then they would have some unadvertised fruit filling on top of it! I know paper is the traditional first anniversary gift; I didn't realize lemon desserts were the 65th!

Anyways, this was not too overpowering lemon, and the cake was really good and moist. I was able to eat around it a bit still too.

We wanted to catch the next showing of the American Adventure, so we took in the scenery and also spent some time watching the model trains.

r9LzQSEl.jpg

48bn5qil.jpg

9fmHl8yl.jpg

VjNdFY7l.jpg

I also took a bunch of blurry photos of lizards playing Godzilla.

47xzt0kl.jpg

And somewhere I made Zack stop for PP

xFt4JWgl.jpg

He looks excited about that, right?

EhA9KMPl.jpg

IwL03kLl.jpg

LwH545jl.jpg

wu3F25bl.jpg

nkPCXE2l.jpg

After the show (which Zack later admitted he fell asleep during), we hauled our butts back up to Test Track for an extra FP, where we built this beauty:

T9N32ZCl.jpg

omQROKCl.jpg

And then over to Soarin' for another FP.

KSaN0Oml.jpg

And one more snack before dinner.

jQ8M112l.jpg

4P6NjO1l.jpg

Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses – $5.00

My only beef with this dish (I'm so clever) was that the description said crispy fried potatoes, and these were chips. I even saw the bags in the booth! It just had me expecting little fried diced potatoes. But this was still really good, and I basically got it all since it was a beer fondue. Can't drink beer, but I love beer cheese. Zack won't touch it.

Last Day at Epcot
Part Two: I'm running out of titles...

After our snack, we obviously needed some drinks. We stopped at Refreshment Port for:

hP0Livvl.jpg

Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Bacardi Coconut Rum – $9.50
Dragon Berry Refresher featuring Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum – $10.75

67ICVEJl.jpg

Yum.

My next photos suggest we ended up back in France... now I know we wouldn't have wanted to eat anything at this point as we had a dinner ADR, so I have a suspicion that we used our last Sampler tab for another La Passion Martini Slush.

GVfGwLHl.jpg

The scooter makes it feel very European, no?

k53f5jvl.jpg

UOGtWKfl.jpg

And more photos, though these PP ones didn't come out as nice.

RFnVXNgl.jpg

ynnu1tZl.jpg

1r6yHeMl.jpg

We meandered back around to our dinner destination

BXP68yRl.jpg

tdPJUVhl.jpg

5ELkb3Tl.jpg

I had to take a few garden photos while waiting

ThA80Hxl.jpg

kNORSJ9l.jpg

Soon we were seated and started off with the bread service

fC7S9lJl.jpg

S1HZomwl.jpg

cj0QH0Cl.jpg

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - made with Moosehead Pale Ale and Neuske's Applewood Smoked Bacon $11
Le Cellier Signature Poutine - fresh-cut fries, Canadian Cheddar, truffles and red wine reduction $10​

qyPTU71l.jpg

"Le Cellier" Filet Mignon - AAA Canadian Beef Tenderloin, mushroom risotto, asparagus-tomato relish, truffle-butter sauce $54

1c60oMIl.jpg

Three Cheese Macaroni & Cheese $10

bzr7bXzl.jpg

Maple Creme Brulee $9

I mainly remember that everything was delicious, and that we had way too much food as we had a steak and a creme brulee because Zack won't share. Oh, but somehow Zack will eat this soup even though it has beer...? We got extra pretzel bread to dip and that was how we ate it.

Le Cellier: $166 including tax and tip, after saving $34 with TIW

After dinner, we had picked up one more FP for Test Track

jrx1pvJl.jpg

Then found a place near Refreshment Port to watch Illuminations one more time

C4acigzl.jpg

Bu3P6Knl.jpg

Then joined the masses headed towards the gates

dx2ZxoIl.jpg

Now, our park time was over, but our night was not! The next morning we were supposed to have breakfast at Kona before heading off to Port Canaveral. When we made it back to the room, with all of our packing to do, and thinking of getting the rental car in the morning with an early Port Arrival time (because we wanted lots of ship exploring time)... we made the decision to cancel breakfast :sad1:

But it was a good decision. I rearranged all of our items as best I could, so we wouldn't need to get into every bag while we were on the cruise. I had picked up some more packing cubes for this trip, and had tried to pack everything by week for both of us... with the idea of not needing to open 4-6 bags in each hotel room. So I'm sorting things out, and Zack goes, I have a second bag??? :sad2: He forgot he a second bag of shirts. :confused3

Food Budget
Budgeted $215
Actual $215
TIW Savings: $34

Food Budget Recap

Just for fun :)

So we'll add Friday:

Food Budget
Budgeted $38
Actual $0
TIW Savings: $0

Planned on going to Kona but didn’t make it :(

Basically immediately after I settled on getting TIW for this trip, figuring it'd be worth it after doing the math and looking at a million menus and such... They released the 45th anniversary passholder perks, including the 20% off at a lot of restaurants. So I had to run my math all over again. It was coming out pretty close in both scenarios... So because I am a nerd always in search of the best deal, I tracked not only this trip but every other one we did on these APs/TIW card, and compared what we saved to what we would have saved with just our APs.

And now I will torture you all with my information.

Total Food Budget

(Disney part at least)
Budgeted $2152
Actual $2113
TIW Savings: $264
AP Savings: $6

Granted, we didn't directly cover Zack's parents/aunt's dining costs, but they purchased gift cards for all of the TS meals based on our estimates and gave them to us so we could use TIW on their meals.

So our TIW saved us $264 on this trip, minus it's $150 cost, for an actual savings of $114
With AP discounts being 20% at some places, we would have saved $160

If this had been the only trip, APs would have saved us more, especially with that 20% deal.

But we took 3 more trips...
So in total over the 4 trips, our TIW card saved us $427, minus it's $150 cost, for an actual savings of $277
APs would have saved us $250, so we came out slightly ahead

If APs just had the regular 10% discount everywhere, they would have saved us $187 so we would have been even more ahead. And I think I forgot to take out the alcohol, so APs really would have saved us slightly less.

I guess it all comes down to how much time you want to spend doing the math :P

It's like someone did a bad job trying to cover up red eye in paint.

:rotfl:

Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips (V) (KA) – $4.75

Yummmm

bread is one of my four main food groups

:laughing:

2qnSbm3.gif

I know paper is the traditional first anniversary gift; I didn't realize lemon desserts were the 65th!

:laughing:

I also took a bunch of blurry photos of lizards playing Godzilla.

47xzt0kl.jpg

:laughing: Oooh, scary!!

This is so cute!

The scooter makes it feel very European, no?

:laughing: Oh definitely!

So I'm sorting things out, and Zack goes, I have a second bag??? :sad2: He forgot he a second bag of shirts. :confused3

Oh my goodness, Zack! :laughing:

But we took 3 more trips...
So in total over the 4 trips, our TIW card saved us $427, minus it's $150 cost, for an actual savings of $277
APs would have saved us $250, so we came out slightly ahead

Nice!! Well done, you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter