• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Foreclosure ?

I am trying to determine if I'm slow, new to the site, or just plain lazy and apathetic because I haven't a clue as to who the OP is! :)

I don't attempt to figure these out intentionally. If someone goes to the trouble of posting under a new name, then to me it is just plain rude to call them out for it.

Don't stress too much, some big mouth will come along and post the OP's usual name. It happens nearly every time...

I'm sorry for your financial troubles. It may seem easier to hide from the truth, but you're better off in the long run to find out just how bad things are now and deal with it.

I am trying to determine if I'm slow, new to the site, or just plain lazy and apathetic because I haven't a clue as to who the OP is! :)

lol don't sweat it Joe. Ive been here for awhile and I'm amazed at what folks can remember and will go back and search.
Heck, I call my kids by the wrong name and get an attitude when they don't answer me.

Here is what the statement says that came in today...it says the first filing for foreclosure has occurred.

Check your state laws, because the process varies a lot from place to place. In my state, foreclosure is a pretty long process and it isn't a "done deal" because of the first filing, so if you contact the mortgage company and can work out a way to catch up the missed payments you probably still have a chance at saving your home. It is time for extreme measures - extra jobs, selling household goods, whatever you can do to get the money together ASAP.

So, you got this statement on the same day you say the real estate agent happened to show up?

That's not unusual, IME. There's a whole class of RE agents that watch the foreclosure filings for leads on potential short sales and motivated sellers.

Okay, after reading the other foreclosure thread that got bumped, it's clear that this OP is the same person who started that one. Which means she's lying about this being a total surprise to her. On the good side, that likely means that her husband is being deceitful (to her)--they're both either trying to live way above their means, running a scam, or have their heads buried in the sand. None of those options are good, but hey--looks like the marriage is solid!

Wow. Does it really make everyone happy to determine who this poster is? Does it make some feel superior that they can find the Op at fault for the situation?

Most of us have some blame in "bad luck" situations. No one is above that. So come on down off those high horses.

Wow. Does it really make everyone happy to determine who this poster is? Does it make some feel superior that they can find the Op at fault for the situation?

Most of us have some blame in "bad luck" situations. No one is above that. So come on down off those high horses.

"bad luck" :rotfl2:

three minutes and counting... cannot stop laughing

:rotfl2:

good lord what are you smoking? and are you going to share with the rest of us? Luck has absolutely nothing to do with this. Try irresponsibility.

I see that now, but my advice still stands. I know of a family that had something similar happen, to someone much younger than 70. The person responsible for the finances was forgetting to pay bills, or making mistakes - sending the wrong amount, sending unsigned checks, putting the wrong check in the envelope - and was too scared/proud to ask for help. It turned out to be a symptom of a very serious medical problem.

Ah no. Not necessarily a medical issue. I used to watch Roseanne religiously. This is also classic bill-paying-avoidance procedure :)

what is disturbing, is after posting THIS post, she posted in the Class of 2016 thread about putting the downpayment for her DD's dorm. Sorry, if my finances were that bad, my kid would be studying at the local Uni

Normally I would feel bad that someone's identity is compromised, but in this situation it's pretty relevant to the topic.

Most of the advice people are giving (based on the details provided in the OP) especially about the marriage is completely useless if in fact the OP was $30k behind on her mortgage and filing for bankruptcy 18mos ago. If it is the same person, she seems to have created the alternate username just to get sympathy and come across as "innocent" in a situation where she has really been trying to avoid responsibility for years.

I can only hope that being called out will push the OP to get her family's finances under control and work toward a more secure future.

Normally I would feel bad that someone's identity is compromised, but in this situation it's pretty relevant to the topic.

Most of the advice people are giving (based on the details provided in the OP) especially about the marriage is completely useless if in fact the OP was $30k behind on her mortgage and filing for bankruptcy 18mos ago. If it is the same person, she seems to have created the alternate username just to get sympathy and come across as "innocent" in a situation where she has really been trying to avoid responsibility for years.

I can only hope that being called out will push the OP to get her family's finances under control and work toward a more secure future.

Given the image that was posted, I doubt this is the same poster/situation as the bumped thread... Look at the mortgage amounts in the snippet of a statement that the OP of this thread posted. There's no way to get $30K behind on an $800/mo mortgage payment. Even if you figure 25% of the total debt is penalties and fees, that's almost 2.5 years of not making a single payment. Foreclosure takes a long time, but not THAT long! Finally terminating occupancy might drag out, but the window for catching up the mortgage and going on with life as usual (which is what happened in that other thread, according to the update) doesn't stay open that long.

In this particular case, the OP didn't indicate that she was doing anything privately. Even her pseudonym "It's Me Again" is a saying that usually indicates that everybody knows you. In the beginning, many thought she might have been posting a troll thread because of the screen name.

what is disturbing, is after posting THIS post, she posted in the Class of 2016 thread about putting the downpayment for her DD's dorm. Sorry, if my finances were that bad, my kid would be studying at the local Uni

i dont see how its disturbing. OP says her daughter works her own job, I tried finding this post and it seems to me that her DD puts a downpayment to her own dorm. Her DD shouldnt let her family finance stop her from doing her own thing right? thats just my 2 cents.

"bad luck" :rotfl2:

three minutes and counting... cannot stop laughing

:rotfl2:

good lord what are you smoking? and are you going to share with the rest of us? Luck has absolutely nothing to do with this. Try irresponsibility.

Glad you find it amusing. There's that high horse again. Man, its a long way down.

Luck was a bad choice of words. We are all at least partially responsible for bad things happening in our lives.

Everyone is irresponsible at some point. Oh wait. . . I forgot this is the dis where everyone has a perfect life, perfect kids, perfect credit, perfect salary etc etc etc.

The pp who thought it was cute to "out" the op has been harping on her on a few threads. After awhile it gets to be a bit much.

The op has to take responsibility for what is going on and so does her dh but none of what the pp has done is helpful. Why try so hard to hurt someone?

That would be your choice and your business. This is the business of her dd who paid the dorm deposit.

You seemed to have taken great interest in her child's education choices.

Seems mean spirited to search out the regular user behind this post. No need to kick someone when they are clearly down.

To the OP, the notice suggests that you can pay and avoid foreclosure. Where has the money gone? Is there any way to make a large payment?

Call the bank Monday morning, offer all you can and get it caught up.

Find a good attorney. One who specializes in divorce, because if my husband was spending $800 a month on someone or something I didn't know about, it's time to go.

Come up with the $7000. If you can't start packing. You will have very limited time pack your stuff and get out once the sheriffs show up.

Try to find a place to stay. Either with friends or relatives or a private renter that won't run a credit report.

I don't believe for a minute the OP knew nothing until this notice. The mortgage company would have been nagging via letter, email, phone call, text, courier pigeon, or smoke signal after the 1st missed payment.

Do you never look at your checking account to see hat the mortgage payment has not been made in months?

Glad you find it amusing. There's that high horse again. Man, its a long way down.

Luck was a bad choice of words. We are all at least partially responsible for bad things happening in our lives.

Everyone is irresponsible at some point. Oh wait. . . I forgot this is the dis where everyone has a perfect life, perfect kids, perfect credit, perfect salary etc etc etc.

The pp who thought it was cute to "out" the op has been harping on her on a few threads. After awhile it gets to be a bit much.

The op has to take responsibility for what is going on and so does her dh but none of what the pp has done is helpful. Why try so hard to hurt someone?

Yep--everyone does stupid things at some point. Everyone makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. This is all true.

On the other hand, most people learn from their mistakes--which you cannot do if you do not OWN them and admit you made them, instead of convincing yourself that you are just an innocent victim (in this case of a husband who did not pay--and apparently a bank who gave no prior notification of issues).

OP (assuming it is who most think it is -- it reads like her posting style, and seemed obvious to me, and honestly using the three digits almost seemed like it was intended to be found out--like she's playing with us a bit, it'S weird actually: here is someone on the brink of homelessness and she is doing these similar names and April first birthdays, etc and basically putting little jokes in her postings--which actually makes me question the validity of the whole thing, but I digress).
Anyway, if OP is who people think she is, she has a long history of posting threads looking for advice, getting a lot of great advice, ignoring it all and asking the same thing a few months later, without referencing the fact that she has already asked (lots of college threads about her DD that do that). She also has a pattern of not learning from past mistakes.
These sorts of things change both the advice I give, and my willingness to put time and effort into providing helpful advice for her---and I gather from this thread that I am not the only one.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter