Forced to do 2 days st AK for FOP and river ride

Alice Hart

Cat Mama
While I haven't yet been on the river ride I find it difficult to believe that it rates as a tier 1 ride like FOP does.

Well, it may not have a real story and not what most of us expected and that is disappointing ...........

But it's beautiful, new, peaceful and
they put way more effort and money in to it than LOTS of other attractions ...

And it did it's job, got you to come back to AK and to not take top FP+ at other parks.

That said, everyone seems to forget you can still go on rides standby. It is a pretty queue.

We are going Sunday and we have 9:00am FoP fastpass. We plan on rope dropping Navi River Ride then using FP for FoP.

I would personally suggest that if you are at the front of the pack on the way to Pandora at ropedrop - that you get on FOP standby first.

Then you can do FOP a 2nd time with your FP. Take my word for it - once you get off you will be immediately brainstorming how to ride it again.

Navi standby time doesn't build very quickly in the first hour.

Another vote for rope drop. If you are willing to be there early you can do both rides in less than 30 minutes.

I did it two weeks ago. I was at the AK entrance at 7:30am, rode FoP first, and was walking off Navi River at 9:17am. Less than 2 hours invested, no FP's required.

Well, it may not have a real story and not what most of us expected and that is disappointing ...........

But it's beautiful, new, peaceful and
they put way more effort and money in to it than LOTS of other attractions ...

And it did it's job, got you to come back to AK and to not take top FP+ at other parks.

That said, everyone seems to forget you can still go on rides standby. It is a pretty queue.
I appreciate your comments and I'm sure its a pretty queue but I don't waste my time in any line for half an hour. I didn't think about the rope drop so thank you for that idea. Is the rope drop a lot like an Ascot affair where everyone sprints to the same spot or is it fairly easy to make it in a decent amount of time?

I would personally suggest that if you are at the front of the pack on the way to Pandora at ropedrop - that you get on FOP standby first.

Then you can do FOP a 2nd time with your FP. Take my word for it - once you get off you will be immediately brainstorming how to ride it again.

Navi standby time doesn't build very quickly in the first hour.
Thank you for that bit of insight. I think you just saved my second day at the parks!

No one is forcing you to do anything.
It does not matter if you think it should or should not be a tier 1. It is what it is.
you can always use the SB line. You don't HAVE to go for 2 days.
Or ya know be like my family and don't give a Mickey Mouse about Pandora.

We just did what you said - two days at AK for Navi River and sorry we did it. The ride was fine but I would never do it again with it being a Tier 1. I also wouldn't wait 60 minutes for it.

I would absolutely do it at ripe drop or not do it at all. We are not thrilled with the layout of AK so don't go more than once - and feel we wasted a day of fastpasses because of Navi River.

Last edited:
Wait until later in the evening for the shortest lines. For example, per Touring Plans the posted wait on the river ride at 9:30 last night was 10 minutes.

No sprinting required.

We are all forced to make compromises when it comes to what we want to do. Plan two days, get there early, or wait in line.

I don't wait in line for anything 30 minutes or longer.

The only ride I will wait more than 20-25 for is FOP. I'm willing to wait 60 minutes because it's that good but 60 is my max.

I felt that NRJ was a waste of a FP+. It's a pretty ride, but you're not missing anything really amazing if you skip it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter