For trip to WDW on Southwest do you buy EB?

It gets dicey though because the other child is over the age allowed under the policy. This is a situation where it's completely dependent on the gate agent, regardless of SWA's policy being updated to 2 adults. I'm thinking they updated that for the situations in which traveling parties have more than one child 6 and under to help out otherwise IMO they would have updated the age for the Family Boarding too if the intention was to always allow all minors to board during Family Boarding with their traveling party.

If there was more than one child under 6 then they would already have permitted an adult with each child under 6.

Anyway - that was not the reason they updated the policy, I don't care to get into it here as it borders political but you should be able to google it pretty easily if your interested.

If they are going to allow 2 adults to board, to me, it stands to reason they will allow other siblings especially a 9yo to board as well. In reality though only time will tell.

If there was more than one child under 6 then they would already have permitted an adult with each child under 6.

Anyway - that was not the reason they updated the policy, I don't care to get into it here as it borders political but you should be able to google it pretty easily if your interested.

If they are going to allow 2 adults to board, to me, it stands to reason they will allow other siblings especially a 9yo to board as well. In reality though only time will tell.
I try to error on the side of caution and give posters the information available to them. I wouldn't want to give an expectation if they get a gate agent who follows SWA's policy to a T. Better to be aware thus the reason I say it's gate agent discretion.

There is no SWA policy in place that requires them to allow the 9 year old to board.

There is a policy in place that says you can board together at the furthest Boarding position and the poster in question is free to discuss with the gate agent their situation.

Beyond that there is no "stands to reason". Thus my comment. We're totally ok to agree to disagree though.

If they are going "follow to a T" and allow 2 adults to board with a 6yo and there are no other adults available then In My Humble Opinion they are not going to make a 9yo board alone.

I give the posters here enough credit to read my posts for just what they are, posts on a message board.
For official policy its best to visit the airline websites and or TSA.

/out

If they are going "follow to a T" and allow 2 adults to board with a 6yo and there are no other adults available then In My Humble Opinion they are not going to make a 9yo board alone.

I give the posters here enough credit to read my posts for just what they are, posts on a message board.
For official policy its best to visit the airline websites and or TSA.

/out
Um that's exactly why I'm responding to you thusly :)

We do, mainly because of the automatic check-in. This close to vacation I'm often not thinking about it and would probably forget. When my son travels solo, I don't buy it for him, the flights between MEM and MDW are rarely ever full. Although interestingly enough, last time he went to MEM they allowed young solo travelers (between 12 and 17) to board with family boarding. That's something we hadn't experienced before, and he has gone a few times under the YT moniker. There were several solo kids going on that flight so perhaps it was a one-off adjustment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter