For those with second generation WDW nuts

mcm

Earning My Ears
My soon to be 7-year-old DS threw a penny into the poly fountain and closed his eyes tight. I heard him whisper, "I wish I could work at Test Track one day."
My smile was broad. Memories of wanting to work at the jungle cruise oh so badly came flooding back.
My parents started taking us kids when I was 10. We went once or twice a year. Now, we live nearby, and we go six or seven times a year for short trips.
Anyone else have that second generation WDW moment? A moment when you knew your little guy or gal was in magical heavan because you had once been in that same spot.

Last year, we took our children,15, 12, & 5. As we rode the monorail into the Contemporary, I watched as my childrens mouths fell open. We got out and had dessert at Chef Mickeys. My middle daughter looked at me and informed me, "when I'm grown up, I want to work here". Oddly, when I was 12, on our FIRST trip to the World, I said the EXACT thing!!;)

There are so many of those with dd who is 4. We started taking her at 2 and go to WDW 2-3 times a year. Now of course, she asks to go, etc.

On a recent trip when we did the Small World ride, she wanted to get on it again and again! I recall being in "aww" with that ride the first time I got on it when I was 12. Now, it's just so heartwarming to see dd enjoy so many of the things I did when I was 12! and she's only 4 (and of course there's so much more to see now!) Then there was only MK with the POLY, CR & Disney Inn, who would have ever thought it would be so big now!! ...then:)

My parents started taking us to Disney the second year it was open and I've been about 19 times. This August, my husband and I took our 6 year old twins and our 5 month old for the first time. My Dad and sister came down for a few days (any excuse for him to go to WDW). There were so many magical moments I had watching my Dad do things with my kids that we had always done. Some of them are so trivial but great memories. For example, I've always really liked the general store at the campground and watching my father shop there with the twins gave me goosebumps.

Another great moment was watching my son's face in the mirror when we had some hitchhiking ghosts in our doom buggy's, I clearly remember the same feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter