For those with questions about carriers and strollers....

athena's mommy

Mouseketeer
I found the perfect thing! we are taking our DD who will be 13 months at the time in December. I was questioning whether to bring a stoller or carrier or just one and I found something wonderful. I haven't bought it yest, I want to see if anyone else has and what the opinions were. It is an InStep Stroller/Backpack. Check out the webpage. I think it looks like it would be perfect for the parks.

BTW, I am new to this board! I have been lurking for awhile and never had anything to post until now!

We went so far as to actually purchase one of these for a past trip but then sent it back because it was rather impractical. My DD was about 15 mos. at the time and not unusually heavy or large (according to the growth charts at her pediatrician's office) and she seemed very uncomfortable in the carrier and it was very awkward and heavy to have her in it while on my back. We decided that we'd be better off with a full-time stroller. I know this one converts to a stroller too, but it didn't seem too sturdy and didn't recline so we decided that as a full-time stroller it was pretty useless. Just my $.02. Perhaps you can try it out at Babies R Us or a sporting goods-type store before you buy it. We ordered online and then had to pay the shipping back and decided that we'd never do that again without trying it out at a brick and mortar store first.

Our Wal-Mart has this now, and I thought it looked heavy to carry and flimsy to push. I think I would want to 'test-drive' it before I bought it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter