For those with Cruises before May 31

We were supposed to sail on 5/14 but we rescheduled. I’m not worried about us being sick so much as I am about someone else on the ship being sick and forcing us into quarantine. With kids who should be in a school and a dog being watched by a dog sitter, we don’t have the luxury of a 14 day quarantine. We have rebooked for $300 more to November Christmastime sailing.

We were supposed to sail on 5/14 but we rescheduled. I’m not worried about us being sick so much as I am about someone else on the ship being sick and forcing us into quarantine. With kids who should be in a school and a dog being watched by a dog sitter, we don’t have the luxury of a 14 day quarantine. We have rebooked for $300 more to November Christmastime sailing.
you are forgetting, how in the heck are you going to keep kids busy in a stateroom for 2 weeks? my 6 yr old DD would be bouncing off the walls and driving me nuts if she was stuck in the room for 1/2 of a day............let alone 14 days.

you are forgetting, how in the heck are you going to keep kids busy in a stateroom for 2 weeks? my 6 yr old DD would be bouncing off the walls and driving me nuts if she was stuck in the room for 1/2 of a day............let alone 14 days.
Oh, definitely agree!! That’s why the quarantine was my bigger concern 😂 I have a first grader and a preschooler and there is no way they would be able to handle it...or understand it.

Oh, definitely agree!! That’s why the quarantine was my bigger concern 😂 I have a first grader and a preschooler and there is no way they would be able to handle it...or understand it.
On demand movies will only take you so far with young ones. :crazy2:

We are sailing next week and we can't wait!! Hoping the paranoia won't derail the trip...

We are sailing on April 30 and struggling with the decision as well. I truly to want to go as we booked opening day and have been waiting so long! The soonest we could go if we rebook is a year from April and that just seems so far away! Thanks to the rebooking offer by disney, we feel we can wait it our another month or so and see where things are at then. I asked my family today if they thought they could relax and enjoy the trip if there were lots more identified cases by then and they all thought they could. I just don’t want worries about Illness or quarantine looming over us while we are sailing... I’d like to think we could put that behind us somewhat once we embark but it’s tough to say for sure. Glad we have a little time to Watch things... I do feel a little bummed that we can’t truly get fully excited like we usually would by this time due to the uncertainty.

We are booked for the Fantasy 4/11 7 nite Western. Still planning on going! Has anyone decided to take Disney up on the offer to take the 100% credit and re-book? I am wondering if we may have the ship all to ourselves? It is school vacation week for us, so I am sure the ship would have been pretty fully booked. My co- worker is booked for the same time on the Magic 5 nite Western. They are waiting until 4/1 to decide.
We are on the same sailing are still waiting a bit longer to decide. Going to upgrade to verandah from ocean view if we do keep the 4/11; would like some fresh air during my 14-day quarantine.

We are booked on the Fantasy for the April 18th sailing. Right now we're still planning on going. It's two of us and not at risk for serious complications. Being quarantined is our biggest concern, and my DH is not sure if his company may not start banning international travel or travel of any kind. They may not be able to stop him from going, but they would not let him return to work. Not sure if he could be allowed to work from home and still get paid.

So we're in wait and see. Hoping things calm down in the next couple of weeks and we are able to go as planned. It's been three years since we've been on one of the ships and I will be bitterly disappointed if we have to push it out AGAIN!

We are also on the 4/11 fantasy and so far we are still planning on sailing as long as we aren’t sick at the time. We are 3 hour drive from the port so we don’t have to worry about other elements of the trip planning like flights or hotels ahead of the cruise. We are going to watch and are thankful for the 24hr cancellation policy. A lot can change in a month, if it’s reached total community spread there’s no way to contain it and quarantine becomes pointless. We have 3 cases in broward county where we live so I figure that number is more like 30 cases since a they aren’t testing everyone. It’s going to grow exponentially over the next 30 days before we sail. I’m not sure we can fit in a week long cruise in the next 12 months, but we could do two long weekends on the dream to use up our credit and then we would reach platinum status a bit faster.

We are on the 4/25 Fantasy sailing and are cruising with another family. I really need this vacation and have been looking forward to it for over a year. As many of the other posters have said, I’m not worried about the virus itself, but rather the quarantine we could find ourselves stuck with. I’m willing to take the chance, at least the way things stand now. But, the other family we are cruising with is not comfortable and they are really pressuring us to plan some other trip. I think that we are both trying very hard to be considerate of everybody’s feelings and to be nonjudgmental, but I worry about harm to our relationship. I also feel that the hype about this situation is so overblown.

I understand the desire to be cautious and not to travel if you are high risk, but for those of us who are not at high risk, I think we have to look at what the odds are that something will truly happen and move on from there. How many cruises have been without incident since this whole thing started?

I wish I knew the right answer.

We are in the same situation as most everyone else on here. We are on the 4/3 sailing of the Fantasy. At this point we are still a "go", but obviously, monitoring the situation, and may change mind over the next 2-3 weeks depending on how the situation changes. We are driving to port as well, so could cancel pre-night hotel and call it off if we have to, but hopefully, we will not. If we do go, I am very interested in seeing how crowded the ship is.

We are on the 4/25 Fantasy sailing and are cruising with another family. I really need this vacation and have been looking forward to it for over a year. As many of the other posters have said, I’m not worried about the virus itself, but rather the quarantine we could find ourselves stuck with. I’m willing to take the chance, at least the way things stand now. But, the other family we are cruising with is not comfortable and they are really pressuring us to plan some other trip. I think that we are both trying very hard to be considerate of everybody’s feelings and to be nonjudgmental, but I worry about harm to our relationship. I also feel that the hype about this situation is so overblown.

I understand the desire to be cautious and not to travel if you are high risk, but for those of us who are not at high risk, I think we have to look at what the odds are that something will truly happen and move on from there. How many cruises have been without incident since this whole thing started?

I wish I knew the right answer.
We are supposed to be with you. It is my family with two small kids and my parents who are in good health but in their 70s. I am the only one who is thinking about postponing. The amount of stress and worry that this is causing me is insane. I have finally decided that I am not going to think about this/worry about this until the first week of April. Then we will start to talk and make a decision. So right now that means I need to stop shopping for cute cruise clothes. But hopefully we will see you.

Waiting for a call from concierge to re-book our Easter sailing. I am undergoing chemo, thus at higher risk, and hope to sail later in the year. I am disappointed--could use the warmth and sunshine!

On the April 18th Cruise. We are in the wait & see mode. The quarantine bothers us the most if anyone gets sick on the ship. 2 weeks on a possible military compound doesn’t sound like fun. Possibly getting sick from other quarantined passengers. We have 5 weeks to decide. We only booked this cruise last minute so we’re not emotionally invested in any long time planning. Hoping to use the credit on my other cruises that are booked. this was part of a 3 week trip, so hoping to still do the last 2 weeks. We are not flying this time

We are sailing on April 30 and struggling with the decision as well. I truly to want to go as we booked opening day and have been waiting so long! The soonest we could go if we rebook is a year from April and that just seems so far away! Thanks to the rebooking offer by disney, we feel we can wait it our another month or so and see where things are at then. I asked my family today if they thought they could relax and enjoy the trip if there were lots more identified cases by then and they all thought they could. I just don’t want worries about Illness or quarantine looming over us while we are sailing... I’d like to think we could put that behind us somewhat once we embark but it’s tough to say for sure. Glad we have a little time to Watch things... I do feel a little bummed that we can’t truly get fully excited like we usually would by this time due to the uncertainty.

We are on 4/30 as well and we are definitely planning on going. With the rules changes I suppose we will monitor up until the sail date but really what has me worried at this point is DCL canceling sailings. With the CDC essentially telling people not to cruise I fear the cruise industry is going to be put in a position where they have to cancel some sailings because of all this fear that is out there

We are due to sail 4/11/20 which is our kid's spring break. We're considering postponing but wondering if we'll be able to postpone to next year's spring break and sail 4/12/21 because that is technically 12 months + 1 day after our original sail date. Does anyone know if they'll allow that or are we out of luck? Trying to get ahold of a person to answer this question is proving to be difficult.

We are on 4/30 as well and we are definitely planning on going. With the rules changes I suppose we will monitor up until the sail date but really what has me worried at this point is DCL canceling sailings. With the CDC essentially telling people not to cruise I fear the cruise industry is going to be put in a position where they have to cancel some sailings because of all this fear that is out there

I agree. I’m watching to see if sailings start getting canceled. I’m waiting until a week before, but at this point I don’t think we will go. I’m in WDW 2 weeks after the cruise, and if I end up in quarantine for those 2 weeks, that won’t be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter