For those who take yearly trips..how many park days?

KMP12

Mouseketeer
We are at the point of going yearly. It's the best place to Vacation with a special needs kiddo!

Trying to also reel in our spending on our trip since we plan on trying to go once a year. How many park days do you typically do? This trip we have 4 park days..2 MK 1 HS 1 Epcot. Decided to skip AK this year. Last trip was 5 park days. What does your "yearly" trip look like?

I know everyone has a different budget but just curious!

We are doing 3 full park days (MK,AK,Epcot) and a HWS after hours event on our upcoming 7 night trip. With rising prices and my disdain for Genie+ we will likely take it down to a ticketed event and one additional park day or two ticketed events if we can work that out going forward. We may have tried that this time, but we have newbies going with us and we want them to see as much as they can.

We usually go at least twice a year and never do more than two park days per trip - in the past we have even done zero park days but now we usually do at least one.

For the past 15 years, we've gone 1-2 times a year to WDW. We used to stay 1 week and get 5 day tickets. For the last 5 years or so we've stayed for 2 weeks in the summer and get 3 or 4 day Disney tickets but we now incorporate Universal. We get Universal annual passes and go almost every day for a few hours (not full days) that we aren't in a Disney park. When we go for a week over Christmas or spring break, we'll do 1 or 2 Disney days and the rest Universal. We had a trip where we stayed on Disney property with zero Disney park days and just went to Universal.

Personally - even when I went more than once a year I always bought the maximum number of days possible.
Once you get over 5 days the cost per day is much lower.

On my recent trip I bought a 3 day park hopper ticket and added more days as I felt I needed them.
The Cost to add the 4th day was just under 150. More than I expected TBH.
The cost to add the 5th days was 75.
6th day would have been around 40...and so on.

I think getting a 3 day is the best bet - and then if you think you actually need the extra days you can always add them.
I started with a ticket from uncover tourist - so that was also not an issue.

I do think it might have been a little less money to buy it in advance from UT - but had I not used those days it would have been money wasted. Its hard to know for sure with all the fluctuating prices.

10 day trips, 8 park days. We make the most of every moment we are there and then rest before and after. 😊
This was us with regular tickets. The cost gets minimal the more days we added. Because we were in a time DS needed lots of decompress time it allowed us to do partial days. We also are park centric so we wanted to go every day, and hop.

Usually, we stay 14 days and get 10 day park hopper tickets.
If we end up upgrading to an AP, we’ll go daily. :)
Once we moved to the AP we went daily as well AND moved to 4-6 trips a year.

Now our AP doesn’t allow weekends so we arrive Sunday, parks M-F, head out Friday evening (2 hr drive). About 4 trips a year, likely dropping it to 3 this year.

We do 6 night stays and 4 park days. Allows a resort day for just hanging out at the pool all day or exploring the resort and going to Disney springs. Our park days are commando, early entry and shut it down.

We usually do 6 park days. MK 2, EPCOT 2, DHS 1, AK 1. Our Honeymoon trip in 2021, we did 10 park days and loved it.

The past 2 parks trips we've done 6 to 7 park days. Disclaimers: One of them was under 3 so we weren't paying for that park ticket....but also the premium is in the first 3 to 4 park days.

When my kids were in elementary school we would do a full week (7 day park hoppers, once we did 8 days). Now that they're in middle school and we can't take them out for a full week we've been doing weekend trips (leave Friday after school, park hoppers Sat, Sun, Mon and fly back Tuesday morning). With the pricing of tickets and everything I think the last couple weekend trips may have cost more then some of our week-long trips.

I go either yearly or every other year. my last trip was in Feb 2023, going again in Feb 2025. When we go, we usually stay a week, and usually do 6 or 7 park/day. usually we do epcotx2, AK x1, HS x2 and MK x1 or 2.

We fly in so we want to enjoy as many days as we can, even if it’s a partial day to see fireworks. We always got the 7 or 8 day ticket. Now we have APs.

Most of our trips have been 7-night stays, and we usually get 7-day or 8-day park tickets based on if we have time for partial park visits on arrival and/or departure days.

We go at least twice a year, we have APs. We go to the parks every day, but we usually don't stay more than 3 hours or so.

Usually 8 nights with 7 park days.

MK
MK
Epcot
Epcot (Half)
Studios
Studios (Half)
Animal Kingdom

We rope drop always, but don't stay late into the evenings, even on our "full" days.

I'm an AP and my partner is not, I take smaller weekend trips throughout the year but for our big yearly one that is typically 8-9 nights (last year we did 10) she always gets hoppers for every day of the trip. As others have said, once you get into more and more park days the cost is negligible to add more. We don't mind paying for the flexibility of being able to go into a park together at will, even if it means we just pop in for a couple of hours at the end of a day we are otherwise hanging out at the resort. The only reason she doesn't get an AP too is because her job is much less flexible than mine about PTO. We're going for 10 days next summer with a good friend joining us and I told her to just get a 10 day hopper too (though I have a feeling she might upgrade to an AP too, she's a first timer but a prime candidate to catch the bug).

We go for 8-10 days, longer f we do US. We like being able to take the parks at a slower pace and not feel rushed to do everything. We like the longer trips to enjoy the resort we booked, shop at DS, enjoy water parks, and sleep in!

If I were in once-yearly mode - I would arrive on a Sat before 4 pm, leave the following Sun after 7 pm (a 10-day trip) and I would get 8-day park hoppers. We wouldn't go to a park on day one, and we would have one rest day in the middle. If by chance we were arriving by about 10 am on the Saturday, I'd buy a 9 day ticket instead.

We only need one full "no park" day somewhere in the middle. With that length of trip - we would be more likely to take breaks mid-day to swim, or maybe start a day late or end a day early. While we might have some 8-10 hour park days - we'd also likely have a few days with a total of maybe 4-6 hours in a park.

I know others really like more rest days - but we don't. We are okay, however, with a couple of shorter days on a park ticket at 8 days or longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter