For those who take a break at the hotel in the afternoon...

MissKIA

Mouseketeer
Does DLR give you a hand stamp or something to get back into the parks when you come back in the evening? If so, wouldn't the stamp get worn off if you spent the afternoon in the pool? Or is there another way they do it? :confused3

They do give you a stamp. Its with a special fluoresent (sp?) ink. Some of it will wash off in the pool or if you shower, but enough will remain to get you back in. They will use a black light to make it reappear when you come back. YOu will also need to have your park hopper with you to re-enter.

Hand stamps are what they do. We left, swam, and came back, and it was still there. Plus, they were not very picky about checking for hand stamps when we returned as long as we had the right number of tickets.

Went down to a waterpark one afternoon and the stamp was still there, they definately made sure you had the right number of tickets. We were there mid to late August and it took a while to get back in.

Jack pirate:

We leave the park when it get's too hot during our summer trip when we stay at a hotel instead of my brother's house in L.A. We go swimming for a while and then shower and go back to the park and the handstamp is still there. We have never had a problem wit it.

And I was worried about mine coming of in the rapids ride!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Can you imagine if that could happen. In my opinion I don't know what the handstamp is all about. Your ticket tells them everything if you are reentering or if it is your first time in the park that day. What is the point of the handstamp?

Yeah I was wondering this too. Seems like just extra hassle to me....LOL :confused3

The handstamp is so that they can verify that it was you in the park earlier and that you didn't leave and give your ticket to someone else who had not been in the park that day, thus letting two people in with only one ticket.

true but it still seems so old fashioned. by the way the stamps smell realyy good. Lemon maybe?????????? :banana:

yes the stamp ink is laced with lemon. it's what gives it the uv reactivity, and perhaps it's staying power. one time when we went i got one at DCA and went over to DL three days later after swimming in the hotel pool taking a shower and washing my hands regularly there was still a hint of it there. no worrys about it rubbing off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter