For those who shop regularly near Disney, can you suggest your favourite places...

bande

Mouseketeer
We have only been to WDW once and it was many years ago. THis time we are staying offsite and have a rental car. I would like to do some shopping at the Outlet Mall or any other great places but have no idea where to start. We are staying just outside Disney World. Any ideas would be great so I can get info. and addresses before I leave as I won't have computer access while away. Thanks.

Oh boy, I am a serious shopaholic.

We have always rented a car and I love to shop. There are several outlet complexes. You might want to google Prime Outlets, Premium Outlets and Lake Buena Vista Outlets. This is a good idea to see which shops suit your tastes/needs. There are a few Wal-Marts in the area, just put in your house location in the Wal Mart store location site. For malls, there is the good ole Florida Mall and the Mall at Millenia. There are also a lot of stores around both of these malls in annexes.

This is a place to start, feel free to ask questions, you are in the right place.

Oh boy, I am a serious shopaholic.

We have always rented a car and I love to shop. There are several outlet complexes. You might want to google Prime Outlets, Premium Outlets and Lake Buena Vista Outlets. This is a good idea to see which shops suit your tastes/needs. There are a few Wal-Marts in the area, just put in your house location in the Wal Mart store location site. For malls, there is the good ole Florida Mall and the Mall at Millenia. There are also a lot of stores around both of these malls in annexes.

This is a place to start, feel free to ask questions, you are in the right place.

You are so right about this board. I have received so much valuable assistance in planning this trip which is a good thing since my husband and 2 sons have not helped at all! Big surprise since they are all male - they will be full of questions when we get there and I am supposed to have all the info. at my fingertips. However, they are likely not going to be interested in shopping but we are going at least 1 day!!!

Haha does that sound familiar. I am the mother of two sons as well. They like to shop now more than when they were smaller.......sigh they are now 24 & 18.

Feel free to ask away and enjoy!!!!

If you are into Target, there are at least a couple of Super Target stores in close proximity to WDW. We went to a Super Target that was newly opened when we were in WDW in 2009 and staying at the AKL. It took us about 10 min to get there. I forget the address but when I googled for Super Targets, there were quite a number of them. Take a look for them and get directions on Google.

You are so right about this board. I have received so much valuable assistance in planning this trip which is a good thing since my husband and 2 sons have not helped at all! Big surprise since they are all male - they will be full of questions when we get there and I am supposed to have all the info. at my fingertips. However, they are likely not going to be interested in shopping but we are going at least 1 day!!!

HAHAHAHA yes all 3 of my boys and DH are not into the planning anymore! I do it all, but shopping, thats Dh's department, I am not a spender, and have a hard time.

HOWEVER the outlet malls close to WDW are great there are a few so yes just look them up. My kids like the VANs store for shoes, Dh likes his Oakleys and Tommy H and well I like to drool over the coach purses!!

Go online to see the store listing at the premium mall outlet and prime outlet mall. They both have a few different things. Great deals at the Disney store there! We loved the coach outlet. They gave us a 30% coupon answer entered that could be applied to already discounted items. Tons of bags at 40% off already so I got a bag for 70% off. The Florida Mall is absolutely gorgeous. There is no shortage of shopping outside Disney. If you collect Aeroplan miles you can get a Target gift card with them!

Actually, Prime is gone now having been bought out by Premium Outlets. They can both be accessed on the Premium Outlets site. The Vineland location is closer to WDW and takes a long time to do (we plan a day there each trip). I-Drive Premium is a little bigger, with a couple of different retailers. LBV outlets has improved in the past couple of years, but I would still consider it a "B" grade outlet.

Target is our favourite US shopping destination - a bit upscale from WalMart, but prices are still great. We've done 4 different Orlando locations if I recall correctly, but the one on Irlo Bronson (192 near 535) is our favourite, and close to WDW offsite resorts. Actually I think there are two on I-B - another one closer to West Gate than the one I'm thinking of. Heard it's pretty good too. Target has a really good section of less expensive WDW souveniers.

We also love grocery shopping at Publix or Winn-Dixie - so many neat products we can't get here in Canada. Out latest grocery find are Mio water flavours. Better than Crystal Light because you squirt as much as you want into your water bottle or glass.

Happy shopping!

Next to Phoenix/Scottsdale, Orlando has some of the best prices and outlets that we've found in the States. The Target stores are all very good and their service has been impeccable (the stock boys asked if they could help me, then went and tracked down an item they were out of stock of at another location for me ... you don't get that service here!). HockeymomNS has fantastic suggestions on shoppng malls. There's also some small outlet stores (Disney, Nike, etc) on 535 (Vineland) just south of the 417 (use either World Center Drive and go South on 535, or W Irlo Bronson Memorial and go North on 535). We picked up some winter coats for the kids and all sorts of Disney stuff there.

My suggestion (okay, my wife's suggestion) is that when you go to the mall, make your first purchase a new suitcase, then load it up with all your purchases. Easy to haul around and you're 1/2 packed when you're done!

Have fun!

Is there a way to get to the outlet malls without renting a vehicle?

I would suggest taking the bus to DTD and then getting a cab to go to the LBV outlet. It most likely would cost you about $10 w/tip.

I know I've seen people walking from the street with shopping bags....so I assume they have taken the public bus to the outlet mall. Sorry, can't help with direction to do that.

If you want to go the the FL mall or Mall of Millenia...you need a car. They are about a 20 minute drive up the I-4.

Is there a way to get to the outlet malls without renting a vehicle?

I'd also like info on getting to the outlet malls. Premium Oulets Vineland location seems a good enough start. We are a group of 6 - so we'd like an economical (but efficient) way to get there and back.

The 4 ladies in our travel party are looking to shopping more than Disney I think.:rotfl2:

We liked the festival bay mall I think it was called. There was a bass pro shops bigger than anything I have ever seen...lol(small town boy here). We also liked 'prime outlets' I think. It was kind of an outdoor mall and we liked getting in the fresh air in between shops. This also let's your credit card cool down a bit too....hahaha

I was reading online that 'mall @ millennia' is supposed to be really nice. Anyone have opinions?

Mall at Millenia is gorgeous. Definitely more upscale than Florida Mall. Has some high end designer stores, although some good ole standbys as well. It is also a great experience just to people watch - it is where the rich and famous of Orlando shop.

Some hotels have shuttle service to either Premium or Prime Outlets. If you aren't renting a car for the whole vacation, you could just plan a day to shop and grab a car for a day. Do some online planning/mapping in advance - it is worth the effort.

Millennia mall is ok but if you only have one mall day, go to the Florida mall. Millenia is quite upscale and most stores were not of interest. Very pretty mall though and not busy at all.

As for not having a car, if you are staying on site, I'd rent a car for the day to do the mall. I have found a cab from any resort to anything outside the world is at least $30 each way. We rented a car for the day a few years back for much less than a taxi. There is a rental company on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter