• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For Those Who Have Traveled to WDW with an Infant

;) You are making me feel REALLY far behind! :D

DH thinks I am going crazy because I have been buying stuff alread (disposable underwater cameras etc... when they are on sale)

I haven't even packed for our trip for next week yet (but it is only Jellystone Park - not Disney)

:p

I took my baby when she was 3 months old and while I remembered the bottles I forgot the Bottle brush to wash them with. You don't realize what a pain it is to wash those things until you don't have one!

I am leaving lots of stuff at home - DS will be 23 months old and I am bringing necessities for night before (airport hotel) and the flight then I am going to Walmart to buy a big bag of diapers - swimmies - snacks - juices - and anything else we need! Then I don't have to worry about packing it or carrying it!
THANK GOD we spent the $ to rent a minivan! WE are lucky though - we are splitting it with friends so it was only $160 a week per family - priceless with little one!

The shopping trip is a great idea, but even so, I found baby things to be more expensive down there. We did buy a package of swimmies and some wipes, but we shipped a box of things for DS.

One note if you decide to ship: be sure to put your planned arrival date on the package and plan to have the package there either the day before or the day of your arrival. Some of the resorts have been a little difficult about storing packages for guests for what they consider a long time.

I did a little math later, and, including the shipping cost and the cost of the items up here (sales and coupons help), I saved quite a bit of money and knew I had the supplies/brands I wanted.

Have a great trip!

My girls were 10 months old when we went to WDW with them for the first time - The two best things were:
1 - formula in tubes - I just carried around empty bottles and the formula tubes (Similiac & Enfamil both sell them- I bought them at BuyBuyBaby but I have started to see it sold at my local super market)(one tube makes a 4 oz bottle) and would make it with bottled water - I bought water outside the park, froze it over night & carried it with us so it was cold when I wanted to use it - Or if it wasn't ready for use they sell bottled water everywhere!
2 - TableToppers - They are plastic sheets that have a sticky edge that you can put in front of the baby if they are sitting up at a table - this way they can't touch the dirty table. And they are disposable so I didn't have to worry about washing them up!

Good luck& Enjoy!!

You might want to check with UPS and with the hotel before sending anything to the hotel UPS. I think I remember reading a post from someone who had done it before and when they tried to arrange it post 9/11, they were told the hotel could not accept packages like that anymore because you would be an "unknown shipper" (not someone who regularly sends things to the hotel).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter