For those who have stayed in hotel rooms with babies....

DVCajun

<font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong
How do you keep the baby focused on nap time when you're in the same room the whole time?

I've thought about bringing along a sheet or something to hang around the crib, maybe placing the crib in the corner or something.

does anyone have any ideas?

My kids will fall asleep pretty easy when they are tired. They are so ready for their nap when we get back to the hotel. Our baby was 6mths and a year on our previous trips. I would always lay down with her until she was asleep. We stay at the Polynesian and the rooms can get pretty dark with the curtains pulled. I always travel with a noise machine, I reccomend it to any family who takes naps or wakes easily:)

In many hotels, it is possible to put the crib in the dressing area which is kind of separate from the rest of the room. That helps.

I always brought a nice comfortable fully reclining stroller and walked my girls to sleep at naptine while at a hotel esp in WDW. DH would bring the oldest to the pool for a swim and I would take the baby for a slow walk until she fell asleep. She would nap in the stroller and I would join dh and dd at the pool or sit in the shade and read etc. Occasionally I would bring her back to the room and move her to the crib if I wanted to shower or rest myself. I just never wanted to sit in the hotel room for an hour or two while she naped so this worked for us. We did this at night as well allowing us to stay out & about a bit later while dd slept in the stroller.

Enjoy
TJ

We used to put a heavy blanket over the top and 3 side of the crib. Still lots of air circulation since one side is open, but it blocks out light for baby and deadens any sound.

I don't mean to be a downer, but, unfortunately my kids never wanted to nap in the room. The few rare occasions they napped in the stroller while at the parks, the only time they definitely slept is when we'd drive our car to the parks. As soon as they got in their car seats, they were out.

I hope your kids sleep better for you!

Leah

Not sure of the hotel you are staying in but we were in the SOG last time and the bathroom was big enough for our pack and play. We just put the baby in there and turned off the lights and kept the bathroom door open a few inches. Hope that helps. Liza

We stayed at Poly with a 9 month old. We were hoping that they had a space likeY&B that we could fit the crib near the bathroom. It didn't. We put the crib between the wall and the bed farthest away from us. Then we took the pillows and proped them up so she couldn't see out. At the time she wasn't strong enough to push them over. That worked well. Now (almost 1 year old) she wouldnt stand for that. One day when she took nap in the room my husband stayed in and wacthed football on T.V. with it muted and I went to lay by the pool. that was nice. We also sometimes sat on the balcony when she napped, but most of the time she sleep out and about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter