For those who have stayed at POR

thr33boys

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 5, kids will be 8, 5, and 3 when we visit in November. I currently have AoA booked but am considering changing to POR to save the extra money to put towards other things while we're there. However, I really need to be sure the 5 of us will fit comfortably in the AB section.

How crowded will it be having the 5 of us, probably 2 or 3 suitcases plus I'll be renting a double stroller off-site, so we'll have to put that in the room as well.

Any feedback is appreciated.

It will definitely be crowded. The four of us (see my sig) stayed there last month. BUT..... who cares? It's just for sleeping anyway. The resort was great. The food court was.... convenient (I wouldn't say great), the TS was awesome, and the pools are a ton of fun. The boat ride to DTD is really nice and the bus service was very good (as far as bus service goes). I would definitely save that money!

Either way, YOU"RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!! :cool1:

Hope this helps - Amye

P.S. Take a look at the resort room photos so you'll be prepared

We have stayed there with 5 (3 adults, 2 kids 5 and 6). There was plenty of sleeping room, but we were very crowded with walking around room, especially when the bed is out. We also had a double stroller and several suitcases and found there was really very little wiggle room left. So, you will fit, but don't expect much leg room. We have since switched to deluxe rooms for the extra space. Also, the bathroom is very small and makes getting more than one or two people ready at a time impossible. If you are concerned about space more so than saving money, I would stick with the AoA room. If the money is more of a priority, then go with POR.

Shouldn't be too bad. My dd slept on the trundle bed and we just pushed it back under the bed during the day. Stash the suitcases beneath the clothes rod, beside the vanity area. The stroller can go against the wall, next to the table area.

You will be fine. Besides, POR is a fantastic resort!

Thanks for your feedback. This is our first trip to Disney as a family and I want it to be perfect - don't we all!! I'm so torn. I guess the deciding factor will be if free dining is offered with AoA excluded, that will force my hand as it will be an almost $1800 difference.

As it is right now, it's about a $1300 difference, which is still a significant chunk of change. But space is a concern, I'm worried it could have a lasting impression if we're in each other's way.

We stayed there in Feb. 5 of us...dd15, ds9, dd8. The kids loved the new murphy beds...I would love to find plans to build one...If you plan on spending time in the room, sure, it can feel crowded. We only were in the room to shower and sleep so never felt like we needed more room, in fact, we're doing it again in Dec! Even our down day-no parks- we weren't IN the room, we were off swimming or exploring. I love the AB section and will make no requests for location, surprise me, put me where ever! My favorite part is the lush, tropical landscaping and winding paths. Getting lost (which we did quite often) is something we laugh about, still - great memories!

I have stayed with 4 adults at POR and we have had no problem.

Take a shoe organizer and hang it from the door to the bathroom. Give everyone a "row" and they can stash anything from books, toys, shoes, make-up, hair stuff, etc. in it.

There is less drawer storage in the new AB rooms, but I think the new murphy bed set-up is much nicer.

We are a family of 5, kids will be 8, 5, and 3 when we visit in November. I currently have AoA booked but am considering changing to POR to save the extra money to put towards other things while we're there. However, I really need to be sure the 5 of us will fit comfortably in the AB section.

How crowded will it be having the 5 of us, probably 2 or 3 suitcases plus I'll be renting a double stroller off-site, so we'll have to put that in the room as well.

Any feedback is appreciated.

You'll be fine. Put in a request for a corner room. IMO there is a tiiiiny bit more space. We have stayed with all three kids (oldest being a 6' teenager) and the only little thing we found is that the trundle really was only comfortable for the smallest ones in our group.

We stayed there 3 years straight and it was plenty of room for us the twin DD and DS when we started. The biggest thing was arguing who was going to sleep in the trundle. The resort is absolutely wonderful and transportation is great (no bus issues here), esp the boat to DTD. Also don't miss Bob Jackson in the lounge. Also it has one of the better (if not best) food courts. (Note: I stayed at CBR with my son and although we enjoyed the pirate rooms, but it was not as good an experience as POR)

You will be fine. Besides, POR is a fantastic resort!

We loved it too! I would stay there again in a heartbeat except now we are a family of 6 and there just isnt room for a pack and play. But when it was just the 5 of us, we had enough room. Like a pp said, put the trundle bed away when it isn't in use. Put the suitcases under the clothes rod and everything will be fine!

We were just there with 5 ( me,dh,kids-15,10,4). We were there 9 days so we had a lot of stuff, and it was PLENTY of room.

WOW!! $1300, potentially $1800 for...souvenirs, snacks, tours Or to put down on another trip! That would more than make up for having to be a lil crowded. We had a corner room that connected and right in front of the connecting door would be the perfect spot for storing the stroller at night. If you make requests...ask for a first floor - corner room!

We looooove por!! We had 2 adults 3 kids (10,10, 5) 12 pieces of luggage and a stroller. We were fine...your not in the room much anyway ;) i say go for it

Last time we stayed it was two adults kids 12, 10, 8 and a 9 month old in a pack and play and all the luggage you can imagine! We never spent enough time in the room to feel to cramped! If you store stuff the right way when you are in the room it honestly wasnt too cramped! Plus I like the ides of saving that money to make the most of your time there!! :goodvibes

We have stayed as a family of 5 at POR 2x and are planning a suprise X-mas trip to return.

Here is what we do.

We push the bed closest to the bathroom wall, all the way against the wall. 1 to give a lil more room between the beds and 2 so that DS4 dosen't fall off the bed.

Also, we put all of our empty suitcases UNDER the bed. Out of sight, out of the way, no problems. DH picks up the end of the bed, I shove them under. We've never ever had any problems doing it that way.

We also turn the chairs in toward the table and slide the table over as far as possible, leaving just 1 chair turned out.

Last time we stayed there. We rented a BOB double and we just rolled it in the door, backed it up against the wall between the door and bed and it was fine.

We love POR, it's a great place to stay ;)

We were there last week. It was me and DH and our 6, 4 and 1 year old sons. We brought an air mattress. DH slept on one queen bed (we were in AB), our 4 y/o slept on the Murphy bed, our 6 year old slept on the blow up (which fit perfectly between the door area and the bed) and our 1 year old slept with me. We were all comfortable and did not feel cramped at all. I think it was perfect for our family and we would definitely go back. I posted these pics on 2 other threads. But I'll post them here too if you're interested in seeing how the air mattress fits in the room.

IMG_2301Ed222.jpg
IMG_2302Ed222.jpg

ETA- We also rolled our big Britax B-Ready w/the 2nd seat (so it's a double stroller) on it, into the room and kept it there- unfolded. We also always had the twin air bed down and inflated and we had room. So the room is bigger then it looks!

I think you'll be fine! I felt the rooms were definitely roomy enough to fit 5.

The resort is pretty cool and you don't spend that much time in your room anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter