For Those Who Have Gone to WDW During the Pandemic: Did Anyone in Your Group Get Covid-19?

For Those Who Have Gone to WDW During the Pandemic: Did you Bring Home Covid-19?

• I went to WDW during the pandemic and NO ONE brought home Covid-19

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • I went to WDW during the pandemic and SOMEONE in my family brought home Covid-19

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

donaldbuzz&minnie

Happy to be here!
DVC Silver
This is admittedly a very unscientific poll, but I'm curious to know. Did anyone in the disboards community come home with Covid-19? How difficult was the recovery? I'm hoping for 100% NO infection!!

Just back from our 4th trip since re-opening. Even if someone were to get sick a week or so after returning home, there's no way to say where you got it from unless you 100% live in a bubble.

My daughter and I went for the AP Preview at MK and opening day at MK + a couple of days after. We, nor any of our family members or friends have had it (so were not asymptomatic and brought it home to grandma). We will be back this Friday for an adults only trip.

Nephew was there in June. No issues.
He was checking out protocols carefully and felt very safe.

He is planning a Disney wedding next June and wanted to be sure he felt safe inviting family, especially grandparents. And he did.

We were there for 8 days in August. We flew both ways on Southwest. We were required to quarantine for 2 weeks when we got home and we both got tested to be extra safe. We were both negative. We both felt safe while we were there.

We were there for a week in August and a week and a half this month. No one got sick.

Went to Universal in July. Washed our hands more often then normal because we wanted to get their nasty required hand sanitizer off our hands.

Went to Disney in September. Didn't do anything different from trips past other then what was required by Disney policy. Well I take that back, we did make extensive use of the public water fountains to refill water bottles. In the past I would have just bought another bottle but they are just too expensive to buy again and again when it is 100 degrees.

Everyone came home well just like in years past.

We went at the end of July/early August. We went to the parks for 5 days and had zero issues. Interestingly, DH actually had the antibody test done in late August (he's a dentist who worked through the closure seeing emergencies) figuring he was certainly exposed as some time. He was negative for the antibodies.

We were there for almost 3 weeks. We went to Busch Gardens, Sea WOrld, Universal, Kennedy Space Center and then Disney. We had masks off for pictures at the parks that was allowed. We walked and ate or drank at the parks that was allowed (everywhere except Disney). Each park had slightly different protocols for cleaning. The ONLY thing that was the same at all parks was our behavior of frequent hand washing. We wiped down the plane seats and trays etc. but that was the only thing I wiped down. We ate inside restaurants also.

No one got sick during or after our trip.

I went in July for four days and August for eleven days. I did quarantine for two weeks after I got home, since I was working from home. No symptoms for either trip. I did follow all the recommendations, masks, distancing, hand washing, eating outdoors as much as possible, etc., and with the parks closing earlier, most nights I would take a mobile order dinner back to the room to eat in private. I used Disney transportation (buses and Skyliner) to get around.

We went and no one got sick! I can’t count the number of times I’ve come home with a bad sinus infection /cold/ that type of illness from Disney in the past. Nothing this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter