For those who have done split stays / no car

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
How long did it take for you to get your luggage for those of you who have done split stays without a car?

We are going to switch resorts from BC to WL and plan to take a bus to MK that morning, then boat to WL hoping our luggage will make it there by 2pm latest.

Is this realistic?

Thank you!

We switch resorts most every trip and rarely have a car. My experience has been the luggage arrived later than that. To be honest, we prefer to take a cab for our transfer. I have yet to have a cab fare be over $20 total. I did have my luggage go missing for a very long few hours the last time I let Disney transfer it (rare to happen but it did happen to me unfortunately) between BWV and ASMU. After that, we cabbed it to avoid that mishap!

If it were me, I'd pack a backpack with essentials, medicines and swimsuits in particular so that if your luggage is late getting there and you want to swim, you have the stuff you need with you.

Sorry, but I have always been told to expect the luggage after 3:00, at least. We have done split stays several times, it's always easy--but the luggage has always arrived between 3:30 and 5:00!

I would LOVE to take a cab, but will have a 1 year old with us with no car seat. Could we call a cab that has a car seat?

Thank you!!!

Yes, you can call for a cab with a carseat. We have done that.

We have also done split stays and I will agree with pp's that luggage arrives closer to 4:00 in our experience.

Excellent! That is what we will do. We'll call a cab and request a car seat then take our own luggage.

We'll need our luggage because my dd5 will have her halloween costume in there.

Thank you for the advice!

We have done resort moves a number of times with no car and had no issues. Assuming that our luggage could take the better part of the day to get moved, we plan our move day accordingly.

We start by planning on spending most of that day touring parks. If we feel that we may want to go to the resort for a rest or swim in the afternoon, we pack swimsuits in our backpack. Our luggage is always available when we arrive at our new resort, usually after dinner or park closing. It can, however, take Bell Services some time to deliver it to the room so we opt to pick it up ourselves when we arrive, if possible.

Good luck with your move!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter