for those who are just coming back -what to pack

lillykat

DIS Veteran
the weather seems to be in the mid to upper 60's and some days in the low 70's for those of you who are coming back what is it really like? Is it tee shirt and sweatshirt weather, Help not sure what to pack! How cold is it getting at night - is it really breezy?
3 days 15 hours!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Hey lillykat! I am the same way....I have been in Jan/Feb before, and NEVER packed the right things! so this time, I am packing it all! Long sleeve, short sleeve, coat, light jacket, sweaters, shorts, socks, sandals! LOL! Better to be safe than sorry........!!

Im gonna have a "WINTER" suitcase packed, and a "FLORIDA" suitcase packed...:)

and I would suggest dressing in layers. Temperatures ranged from high 30s to low 70s. The day would start off cool, then warm up around noon, and get cool again as the sun went down. I get cold very easily, so I wore jeans with t-shirts or light long-sleeved shirts and a jacket. There were a few times when it was very warm and I took off the jacket, but most of the time I kept it on. Our first night it was very cool and breezy - I had to wear the jacket and gloves. Some of the parades were cancelled due to high winds. The news reports said the weather would continue to fluctuate with the current weather patterns around the United States. Just watch the weather forecast each morning before leaving for the parks and dress accordingly. I don't think there is a need for you to pack a heavy coat- a jacket is probably all that is needed. Also, don't forget your rain ponchos. Luckily, it only rained late at night and we never had to use ours.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Hi Lillykat! Lucky you, only 3 days (3 weeks for me). My inlaws arrived at their winter home in Kissimmee on the 27th and the temp was in the mid 70's. They emailed some pics and they were wearing lightweight pants and short sleeved shirts. We talked to them today and they said the weather was supposed to get much colder. Anyway, our last January trip was in 1992 and I recall warm days and very chilly nights. My daughter was a baby and we had her bundled in lots of blankets.

Hot or cold, Disney is still the best place on earth. Enjoy your trip.

Thank you all very much, that was what I was thinking but wanted to hear some suggestions from others. I want everything to be great when I get there and do not need to worry about being dressed too warm or cold. Your suggestions make me feel much more relaxed.
3 days 7 hours and counting!!!!!

I was also there 12/26-12/30. J&D, maybe we were on the same plane from Texas. I flew AirTran out of Houston for $110 round trip. Anyway, the key to being comfortable is to layer. We did t-shirts under sweatshirts. On the first day we wore our coats. Used windbreakers the rest of time time and took a backpack tot he parks so we could put the jackets in one backpack that we took turns carrying.:bounce: :bounce: :pinkbounc

boomer 1961- We flew Delta out of IAH. We may have passed each other at the airport! Our tickets were $103 RT. Those were some great fares. Hope to see them again. Wasn't it nice weather? Glad it didn't rain like our last trip.

lillykat- It looks like the weather is changing in Florida. You may have to take a coat after all.
Hope all goes well and you have a great time no matter what the weather is like!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter