• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those that use a car service

cheerguin

Earning My Ears
I’m thinking about using a car service for my trip with my kids 10&12 in March. If I do a round trip, how much woukd you tip the driver? For example I looked up Tiffany Towncar and the price is $165. Would you tip 20% on both drivers (to resort then to airport) on $165 or each driver on half of $165? Hope that makes sense!

Oh interesting, never even thought twice about it. I just booked a car from TT for our trip in April and just assumed it should be 20% of the total to each driver but your question makes a lot of sense so now I'm curious to see what others have to say.

Tip each way would be $16.50 on half of $165 at 20%. To make it easy I’d probably just give each $20 cash. Total is $40.

Tip to each on total would be $33 at 20% which I think is too much. Total would be $63. I also don’t think they’d expect that much of a tip anyway, but I could be wrong.

I tip for each ride 20%
Never know if I have the same driver for both legs needed

^ This.

Although if you will be having a grocery stop, the driver from MCO to hotel will have more bags to deal with, and will be taking more time, than the driver from hotel back to MCO. So some people factor that in when tipping.

Out of convenience/laziness, I would tip $20 each way. More than likely the driver is going to be handling bags and the service has always been great for me.

I also tip cash - 20% split between the two legs in case of a driver changes. Occasionally I will tip a bit more on the inbound if I use the grocery stop as the driver is often helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter