For those recently back from MK, how is the wait for Rapunzel?

Princess&JackMom

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if the wait times for meeting Rapunzel and Flynn have gotten any better? Or is the only reasonable shot still to go at Rope Drop?

We are heading down May 22 and I can just see my DD (who is almost 5) suddenly deciding she HAS to meet Rapunzel and I don't think her twin brother will want to wait an hour to do that (nor me, for that matter).

Wondering this same thing! My 3 girls can't wait to meet them, my son not so much.:)

I'm wondering the same~ perhaps this question will get more traffic/answers on the Theme Partk Strategies board?princess:

If you want to see Rapunzel without waiting too long, I'd suggest making a run for it at rope drop.

We did that when we were there last week and DH was at the end of the first group to enter at 9:15 am. There were maybe 3 or 4 other families behind him.

I talked to someone who got into the line at 9:45 am and they had to wait until the 12:15 pm entry time.

Good luck!

Where in the parks are Rapunzel and Flynn? Does anyone happen to know whether or not they sail on the Disney Dream?

We were there two weeks ago. We missed rope drop because we had breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 7:00. We got there at 8:30 and were first in line for the 10:15. Had we been there at rope drop, we would have gotten in to the first group.

It worked out okay for us, though. There are (I think) two cast members in control of the line and one of them told us that we only had to have one person to hold our place. So the three kids and I went on Peter Pan, Dumbo, Small World, Pooh, Snow White and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad all in a little over an hour. We got back to the line at 10 and we got in shortly after for the next group. I would suggest being there at least 15 minutes before the group begins. They are very prompt!

It is right next to the castle where Belle used to do the Story Time. They are really good with the kids. Our son who is 8 wasn't thrilled at all, but Rapunzel gave him a big hug and was really very good with him! I think he may have even liked it more than the girls in the end. Have fun! It was really a great experience for us. Just prepared to have someone wait for awhile and definitely, getting there earlier is better. :thumbsup2

The second to last time we went was mid-April and we did it. Pretty long, still waited though! The group behind me was not very pleased to learn that they were waiting for the meet time after mine which was over 2 hours away. :sad2:

Yikes! I guess rope drop is the best bet. Maybe she'll be happy with a drive by and we can visit Rapunzel next trip in 2012 (if she's still around and I'm guessing she will be in one capacity or another).

We were just there the very beginning of April. It was obviously Spring Break time, but we waited more than 2 hours. We were also there Thanksgiving time 2010- both times had VERY long lines. My husband stayed and waited and we went and rode other (close) rides. They say you are standing in line for a "show" but really the group gets let in, the kids color with Rapunzel crayons (a set of three they can take with them) and take pictures and dance around a table and then they go up individually for more pictures with Rapunzel and Flynn. We expected more of a show type and not just a meet and greet. The upside- Rapunzel is beautiful and really looks like Rapunzel. Her hair is very lond and the kids love it. My daughter just HAD TO touch it!

My advice- definately get there for rope drop and go straight for her. This will save you hours of your day and you won't have to wait long or wait in the heat! They often close the line long before the posted time becasue of the line being so long. The cast members will tell you "She'll be back here tomorrow at X time".

Have a great trip!

I just got off the Dream last month. Rapunzel has been added to the Golden Mickey's but was never available for pics and autographs.

You know all it would take is a clipboard, paper and a pen to fix the problem. X number of shows a day times x number of children. Take the family name, number of kids, and tell them to be back 15 minutes before the next show. Anyone not back by that time loses their slot to the inevitable stand by line that will develop.

Did Rapunzel at Rope Drop yesterday, ran right there, and I got in at 10:50 (they let me in at the tail end of the 10:00 group's meet session because Flynn and Rapunzel got through the others fast enough) I think a lot of people came straight to character breakfasts from what they were saying, so they were there before rope drop.After two hours in line, I can still say it was worth it!

Did Rapunzel at Rope Drop yesterday, ran right there, and I got in at 10:50 (they let me in at the tail end of the 10:00 group's meet session because Flynn and Rapunzel got through the others fast enough) I think a lot of people came straight to character breakfasts from what they were saying, so they were there before rope drop.After two hours in line, I can still say it was worth it!

Thanks for the report! Ugh, that makes sense that people already in the parks for character breakfasts would have a leg up getting in line first at rope drop. My DD really, really wants to do this, I'm sure she thinks it's worth it, I would love for her to have the experience, that's just a lot of time invested out of a MK day :)
Again, thank you! :)

How is it during a parade or show? Would that be a good time to hit it up? Or is rope drop really best? And exactly where is it again?

We made it for rope drop and were in the first group to meet and greet. There was no show though, just coloring. It still took 35 min to meet her with the line within the meet and greet

Rope Drop is a ceremony they do each morning to open the parks. At Magic Kingdom the train comes in by the entrance and characters get off and sing and dance. When they are done the park officially opens for the day.

we went recently and the cast member at the beginning of the line said to expect a hour and a half wait and pointed to a line of people who were already waiting for the next time and the current one wasn't even over yet.

Just got back today, and I heard someone ask a cast member in City Hall - he suggested they go there as soon as the park opens. I passed by a little later on and it looked busy with both she and Flynn there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter