for those on dialysis question

PalVal

Mouseketeer
My sister will be joining me at WDW for the two days that she doesn't have to go to dialysis. She looks normal to most people, but she tires very easily. She won't be able to stand in lines for hours at a time waiting for rides. Does Disney give any consideration to get her into a shorter line if she brings a note from her doctor? If so, what is the proceedure?
Thank you.

Welcome to disABILITIES.
WDW does have a card called a Guest Assitance Card (GAC) that you can request from Guest Services at any of the parks. It is not meant to shorten the wait in line (and often won't) but it is meant to give the CM information about what sorts of accomidation people need. The card is stamped with appropriate messages for the person with a disability. For example, waiting in the sun is a problem for some people - the card would allow those people to wait in an area out of the sun. Anyone with a wheelchair or scooter (ecv) does not need a GAC, unless they have other needs besides wheelcahir accessiblity.
FastPass is available to anyone for certain rides/attractions. Getting a fastpass lets you come back at a later time and go in with a very short wait. I always suggest people the regular waiting time though. last year, we were at AK at Easter and a CM was trying to get people to go into the Bug's Life show because it was basically walk right in to the next show. People were so focused on needning a fastpass to avoid a wait, that they were not able to hear what the CM was saying. DH and I were at WDW oveer New Years and found the same thing happening at several attractions. Often later in the day you could walk into something that we skipped in the morning because of a long line.
Another thing to think about is your sister's stamina for walking all over the parks. Most people are worried about standing in lines, but that is a small part of the day compared to the amount of time (and energy) you will be spending just getting from place to place. Just to walk around WS at Epcot is over a mile and you will probably be walking from 3-5 miles a day. She might want to consider renting a wheelchair or scooter (also called ecv) for the trip. That way she wwon't be using up all her energy just getting from place to place. In most cases, you can actually bring the wheelchair or ecv into the line with you, so she would not have to worry about standing in line.

The scooter does sound like a good idea. If we rent one, is there a place for her to park it at each ride location and then stand in line? She can only drink a very limited amount of water (about 16 oz) during the day, so it would be good to have her wait in a shaded area. Thank you for answering my post.

Here's a link to the DIS page about moobility disabilities. You will find a list there of rides/attractions where she can actually stay in the wheelchair or scooter for the whole attraction.
If she chooses to leave the scooter at the entrance, she will be able to. Just be careful that you know where the exit is compared to where you will going into line and how long the wait/distance is. I'll let the posters who have done that explain more about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter