? For Those of You Who Are Familiar With Last-Minute Booking!

bigeyedfish

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about taking a quick Disney World trip 10/30/19 to 11/2/19. I found cheap flights, and MNSSHP tickets are still available (we have never been and my two youngest would love it!)! We would spend one day in Epcot (because we didn't get to see much of Epcot on our first trip due to heavy downpours and some ride closures) and one day at MNSSHP.

There would be three of us (me, DS8, and DD6). I'm not too particular about where we stay BUT I do not want to spend more than $200/night on a hotel. I would book either a value OR rent DVC points for a studio. But the thing is, I can only find availability for 10/30. Is there any chance it will open up? Thanks!

I was thinking about taking a quick Disney World trip 10/30/19 to 11/2/19. I found cheap flights, and MNSSHP tickets are still available (we have never been and my two youngest would love it!)! We would spend one day in Epcot (because we didn't get to see much of Epcot on our first trip due to heavy downpours and some ride closures) and one day at MNSSHP.

There would be three of us (me, DS8, and DD6). I'm not too particular about where we stay BUT I do not want to spend more than $200/night on a hotel. I would book either a value OR rent DVC points for a studio. But the thing is, I can only find availability for 10/30. Is there any chance it will open up? Thanks!

DVC is tough to book last minute. I wouldn’t hold out hope for that.

There is always a chance, but no guarantees. Last week I was searching for a cheap option for a four night stay this week, checking in on Tuesday. I did not find what I wanted until Monday afternoon, so less than 24 hours prior to check in. I know that wouldn’t help you much because of flying in. Your best shot will probably be about a week out, when the room only cancellation deadline hits.

You are trying to go over a very popular weekend (Halloween and a marathon).

Try your luck at the 30 day window and hope someone cancels a package.

I'd also hop on over to the Priceline Express thread and see if you can book a Disney property through them. Lots of people get lucky there but, again, popular weekend.

It's difficult to get a DVC studio for $200. Prices for points have increased quite a bit in the last 4-5 years. It would really be a stroke of luck to even find anything available this close to travel. Honestly, I wouldn't plan on a DVC rental.
As far as a Value room...it's always possible that someone will cancel. Just keep looking.

Nice, thanks! Yes, it would be possible to stay an extra night. I wish Disney made it a little easier to search for room inventory! Add a night, subtract a night, look under each individual discount, ack!

Shoot! I did not know about the marathon. DVC Studios with discounted points can be pretty cheap!
Neither of the popular DVD point rental companies has anything posted for those nights, and nobody on the ECV rent/trade forum seems to have a confirmed reservation for those nights that they can't use.

Orbitz has nothing onsite under even $250 pretax. They do, though, have rooms posted on Hotel Plaza Boulevard for under or around $100/night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter