• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you that have used an AC in your tent

Years ago before I got my first pop-up. I spent 2 weeks in Aug. at the Fort. I bought a window unit and used the window & over hag as a duct I put the unit on a milk crate. It worked great even in the middle of the hot and humid Florida summer

Hey InstaCamper! We'll be checking the same day as you! Haven't stayed at the Fort in many years and can't wait! Look for the MN plates and stop by to say hello to us, too.

See you at the Fort!

Kim
Hey Kim, We will be the ones with the OHIO plates franklin county- And we should be easy to find - every square inch will be filled on our site :)

A fellow Ohioan!! Have a great trip! Make sure you post pics when you get back.

That is one thing you can count on! I will be documenting my setup and giving some reviews - in the hopes that my help some fellow Campers- Two tents and a canopy- First up canopy, Eureka Copper canyon 15/ 12 and a coleman 10x14 Hampton Cabin tent- If I can fit them all on my site!!! :goodvibes

I always said the only way I would camp in a tent at Disney would be with an A/C. Good idea! Enjoy your trip.

This is a pic of the enclosed canopy that we put around our tent. There is a 12000 BTU DeLonghi portable AC inside that is vented through the mesh screen window in the back of the tent. As far as the cost........ at an average of $100 per night for the site, no maintaining of the site during the time that I occupy it, no maid service or fresh clean towels ......I'm running the AC. Disney is going to price the campsites at the price they want whether you use a little or a lot of electricity.

We have a portable AC that we put in a 9x10 tent that was then inside a 10x10 eze-up with the solid walls. This was for our kids when we stayed at the Fort last August. It is a 12000 BTU unit. When the DW and I would get the kids up in the morning, they would literally have the covers pulled up around their neck. It did a great job. This setup not only kept the direct sunlight off the tent but also kept the rain off the tent.
20140621_082734_zps0f0ef514.jpg

The rear of the tent had a mesh window where we vented the AC.

20140622_083728_zpsfyidzcj5.jpg

Yes..........their is a person under that blanket. The portable AC worked well.

This is a pic of the enclosed canopy that we put around our tent. There is a 12000 BTU DeLonghi portable AC inside that is vented through the mesh screen window in the back of the tent. As far as the cost........ at an average of $100 per night for the site, no maintaining of the site during the time that I occupy it, no maid service or fresh clean towels ......I'm running the AC. Disney is going to price the campsites at the price they want whether you use a little or a lot of electricity.

You must have the same AC unit that I do. I use it in my shop but took it last summer to a local lake tent camping just to try it out. It worked out great. The flexible exhaust makes it really easy to use in a tent.

You must have the same AC unit that I do. I use it in my shop but took it last summer to a local lake tent camping just to try it out. It worked out great. The flexible exhaust makes it really easy to use in a tent.

Sounds like the same unit. The nice thing about the flexible hose is that it is rigid in respect to being able to position it and it will retain that shape. Made it easy to keep it exhausting out the mesh window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter