• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you that have 3 DVC's where did you purchase your 3rd DVC?

You like BWV better than BCV location?

BCV is closer to Epcot and BWV is closer to HS. Location for both is wonderful!

If a pool doesn't mean anything to you, then BWV is your pick. The value for what you get (especially with the standard point stays) is just one of the best! We love BWV, but my kids really wanted some time at Stormalong Bay. In the 12 years that we have owned DVC, we could never get BCV so we ended up finally adding on there.

We have (3) DVC contracts.

we first bought SSR (240pts) as a quick way to enter the DVC world. They we cheaper resort and figured why not.

6 months later a subsidized Aulani (150pts) was posted for a price that was an amazing deal ans same use year so we had to jump on the bandwagon.

a year after our first purchase we had stayed at a handful of resorts and LOVED VGF so we just bought 150 points there as well.

First purchase was smartest for us money wise.
Second one we just couldn’t pass up a deal
Third one we bought because we loved the resort.

We only have 2 right now but I would love a third.

1st- SSR- couldn’t decide on a resort- SSR has everything I wanted so I decided to get my feet wet in DVC and use SSR points for SSR when I had to and try other resorts when I could
Wanted room for 5 without having to get a 2 bedroom. The refurb at SSR, especially the 1 bedroom sealed the deal for me. Also love the pools, the grounds and the walk to Disney Springs.

2- BWV- location. I love RunDisney weekends and want to be able to stay in the Epcot area for them. Also love the walk to DHS and the pool is fun

3. I really want a MK resort. Eventually I would like to sell SSR and get more points near MK but they all have something that made me so no. BLT is boring, no grounds and pools are lame. (I love to walk grounds and lounge around the resort)
Poly would be my 1# choice if they weren’t just studios.
GF- DH hates it and won’t stay there (my favorite resort when DH isn’t with me)
Copper Creek only fits 4 in a 1 bedroom.
I am hoping to maybe add on to Poly one day. Start with a studio at Poly and move to a larger room later?

Waiting to hear ROFR on our third.
First: SSR--resale 160pts--basically for price, but now enjoy the refurb and walk to DS!
Second SSR 75pt add on direct--FOMO-LOL
Third (pending) CCV 100pts resale--our Happy Place --I would live here if Disney would let me!
Certainly wouldn't mind BCV or BWV for a nice walk-in to Epcot, but I think I've hit my limit for now.

I have 2 DVC, but I have owned 3. My first was OKW, second was BWV and my third was AKV. We sold OKW (at a profit) to buy AKV. I really have no interest in other DVC resorts, although we really liked RIV when we visited earlier this year.

I owned SSR (contract 1) and VGC (contracts 2 & 4) when I added AKV (contract 3 & 5). I always wanted AKV and added it twice (once direct and once resale) when the time was right. I am thinking I want to add more SSR and then maybe VGF or DLT. We shall see though. The 1 bedroom at Kidani really spoiled me so that is what I want for non-solo trips moving forward.

First contract was at BCV and we still love it. Now that DME is going away as a freebie, the easy parking at BCV adds even more value as we will likely get a car rental in the future.

Second was two smaller contracts at AKV and still love it too. We tend to go in December for two weeks with one week close to EPCOT and a week relaxing at AKV. Love the 1 brm Kidani units and the pool view Jambo rooms for less points.

Third (and final?) contract is at BWV so we can get the BW View rooms..just love sitting out watching the action at night. The Epcot resort area is absolutely fantastic in my mind.

Have stayed at almost all of the DVC resorts and have never regretted our choices. Unfortunately, my Doctors want me to cancel our upcoming December trip as they feel it’s still too dang for us to go there.😭

We bought BLT first, then BCV. Didn't love BCV and determined Swolphin was better for our food/wine trips so we sold BCV and bought AKV (almost double the points there compared to what we had at BCV for roughly the same price). Then wife wanted CCV so that happened last year and we picked up some more AKV just last month since the kids and friends love Savanna view.

Last edited:
3rd contract at VGF for Christmas reservations. 2nd add on contract at VWL also for holiday reservations…we love Disney in November/December.

Thank you all so much. We first got BLT bc of location and I just love being able to walk to MK. Saratoga we pretty much got because of the point value. I would love to get something close to Epcot and HS, but I just worry about the expiration year. I think I'm going to see how the next year or two go and then make my decision. I do like the OKW extended contracts a lot...so that's one I'd possibly consider down the line. Another option I was considering was getting maybe getting a contract with 100 points and every other year go twice to Disney.

We bought Copper Creek first to get in direct. Then we purchased Animal Kingdom. Our third was our goal resort- the Polynesian- when it finally hit a good resale price. Now we own 3x more points at the Poly than we do at the other two.

It started with just OKW and CCV and we thought we had enough. Then we decided we wanted to do occasional trips to Disneyland so we bought some VGC and then immediately added AUL as we thought if we are going all the way over to the west coast we might as head to Hawaii too. Then we stayed at BC and the next thing I knew we wanted some BC points. Now we are talking about adding some PVB and we definitely want to get in on the new Disneyland Hotel Villas. It's like an addiction!

Our first three Purchases

BWV original
VWL love the resort
VB we stayed there and knew we wanted to go back….It had just sold out, so we bought resale.

We purchased OKW the 1st year it opened. Later, we bought into BLT and VGF. During the pandemic, we sold OKW since we are getting up there in age and 2 trips a year works for us. All points were bought direct, but BLT and and VGF were purchased with multiple, smaller contracts. In the beginning OKW started at a minimum of over 200 points.

my third was VGF bc I absolutely love staying there. I lost 2 contracts to ROFR before landing my first VGF. worth every cent!
1st SSR, 2nd BRV, 4th VGF, 5th OKW
I use my SSR to sleep around (lol) multiple resorts but the rest I use exclusively for 11 month booking window. I like the variety AND im now a prisoner to my sons school schedule so I know exact dates when I can travel for the next 10 years.

We have multiple home resorts, purchased in this order: BRV, AKV, CCV, RIV, SSR, VGC, HHI, and soon to be PVB (soon as it closes; waiting on seller to return docs).

We enjoy split stays, and wanted the home resort advantage, especially as our kids get older (they're teens now, and the eldest is a senior in high school) and we potentially do more studio stays, but also to bank and borrow to do bigger trips in larger accommodations and just alternate what resorts we stay in. SSR is mainly for SAP, but for home priority for Treehouse Villas over holidays. We only have a small amount of points at VGC to visit Disneyland every 2-3 years, and a small contract at PVB for 1-2 nights. (When we stay in 1BR and 2BR, I often will book the first night or two in studios. That's because we usually fly after I get out of work and arrive late at night; I personally hate spending all the points for just a place to put my head that first night, and we felt that PVB and RIV depending on time of year would be perfect for those first night or two).

We started with BRV because it was a low point cost for entry and we were budget-conscious when we first bought in (boy, did that not last, lol!). We also wanted Studios that Slept 5 as our boys won't share a bed, and for more flexibility when traveling with family (as in, 2-BR lock-offs that sleep 9 instead of 8).

We knew when we bought that we'd also buy AKV, as it's our (very close) second favorite resort, and like with BRV, we could happily be stuck there on resort only stays.

We then added on at CCV, because we realized that the 2042 expiration of BRV was a problem after all - at first we were fine with the idea of it ending shortly into retirement as less we'd have to worry about in retirement, and then realized we'd still want to be at the Wilderness Lodge as well as the Animal Kingdom Lodge. And then the crazy 2020 incentives came AND they could be used on fixed weeks, and it was a done deal for us - no more worrying about getting a studio over the holidays AND protected against what we saw coming, which is increased point chart costs in the Fall Frenzy period.

Because we were already adding on CCV, the increased 2020 incentives also made a small Riviera add-on tempting and we caved, as we got it close to effectively $145/point. This would allow us to snag a few nights during Food and Wine at a resort connected to Epcot via the skyliner, especially as we do enjoy resort hopping to be close to the parks we want to visit. So having an EPCOT and HS area hotel was critical to our "laziness" factor of wanting to be close to the parks, so we could now do a few days at RIV for easy access to Epcot and HS, and then switch to CCV for the MK and then AKV for Animal Kingdom and relaxing at the end of the trip.

The Polynesian was the first resort my husband stayed at as a kid when he went to Disney (as back then, there was only the MK, and only the Contemporary and Polynesian resort, so it has huge nostalgia factor for him. I resisted, because it only has studios and bungalows, and we already had an MK resort (BRV/CCV), but then we found a decent deal on a small contract, and decided to take the plunge to give us 1-2 nights at the start or end of a trip, especially if we're arriving late (I hate spending all the points on a 1BR/2BR if we're going to arrive after midnight; I'd rather book a studio, head off to the parks that first day, then check in to the 1BR/2BR). This gave my DH what he wanted - to own at PVB - and an easy option for the first one or two nights, especially if the majority of the trip will be in AKV instead of Wilderness Lodge (as we do tend to alternate).

HHI was because we found some fantastic resale deals, but also because we love the resort and wanted the priority booking for those times we drive down, to stay 1-2 nights on the way there and back. It's a great alternative to the craziness of the themeparks when we want that Disney magic but don't want to do Disney. DH loves HHI more than Vero Beach, and while he DOES want to own Aulani, we live on the East Coast, so it makes more sense to just take advantage of the 7 month booking if we're going to do Hawaii, as much as I would love to say we'd go every 3 years, I don't think that's actually realistic.

If Disney does build Reflections, we will absolutely own there.

I just agreed to a 3rd contract today to buy CCV. We loved it there, the value and term. With that said I still feel like I am wearing a "cone of shame" by allowing my wife's addonitis to win after all the cuts taking the value out of DVC.

I’m approaching my 1 year mark of being a DVC member and I own at SSR, BLT and BWV. I initially bought SSR for best point value and low maintenance fees, but quickly learn I have location preference. I absolutely hate parking at TTC and that short walk from BLT is amazing. Then I wanted an Epcot resort that wasn’t dependent on the skyliner. I struggled too with the idea of buying in a contract with 20 years left but many pointed out I can still get a lot of fun and memories in 20 years. Not worth a direct purchase though so grabbed a small resale to finish my trifecta. I would like to pretend I’m satisfied but I’m sure I’ll buy in when DLT go on sale to have west coast advantages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter