For those of you surprising your kids....

KimR

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Needs to lay off t
I'm excited about surprising our kids in a few weeks with a Disney trip, but one of the drawbacks is that I've not been able to involve them in the planning process or talk Disney as the trip approaches. Well I found a way around that! I told them that a friend at work was planning a surprise trip for her kids and she wants input from me on what they should do...(since she can't ask her kids) So the other night we sat around and talked about their favorite rides, shows, restaurants...everything they would want to recommend for other kids their age. I suppose I knew most of it, anyway, but it was good to get confirmation that I made PSs at the right places, that they love staying at the GF, and that my DD's favorite shows are the Lion King and Illuminations (we're seeing Illuminations 3 times!). I'm also surprised, though...she didn't remember Fantasmic! at all. Well, she'll get another chance! That was fun and my DDs think those kids are so LUCKY to be surprised with a trip to WDW!!!!

Kim

I feel the same way I havent been able to talk about it eitherwith my kids. I felt bad the other day when one of the children from the day care told my DS that he was in DW. Then DS came home and asked why is it that he gets to go and not me. It broke my heart but the smile on his face will make up for it later. As for my DD(11) I think say will catch on if I tell her a tale like that. You should see I ve bought little things for the trip and they are hidden in a box way back in the closet. Dont forget to write and let everyone know on the HAPPY FACES .

Kim...very clever Mom!!! ;)

We are leaving on the 15th and not telling them is driving me nuts!!!!!!
I can not pack or plan( baby has been up late with ear ach ) or change my Time ticker or even mention WDW! It is like the younger kids know even without being told though... The 3yo keeps wearing her Mickey ears and princess dresses and the baby has started carring Bear (bear and the big blue house ) everywhere....... My DH thinks I slipped.....

:D

I'm suffering too dying to tell this big secret.We are also leaving on the 15th and I agree my dd(3.5) seems to know. For the last week she's watched the planning video at least 2x/day. Everyday since we got back from the last trip (Oct 02) she's asked at bedtime to go to Disney World or the Lion King Show. I've told no one we're going except my coworkers who think I'm nuts (weren't you just there??) but I've learned to ignore them they know not of what they speak and my best friend who is putting us up for a night so we can catch an early flight. I've actually started getting things together but there's so much stuff scattered about trying to organize for a garage sale that she hasn't even asked why the giant suitcase is out. I can not wait to see her smile. I can't decide if I want to tell her at the airport where we're going or just wait until she figures it out...I might have to tell her to get her to behave...Just waiting to have fun hoping I don't blow the surprise.

The first two times we went to Disneyland, I surprised DS (now a young adult). If I had to do it all over again, I would do it exactly the same way. :) I think young children handle waiting and anticipation very poorly.

I did it so that he got a good night's sleep the night before the flight - and he ate breakfast before we went. It contributed to us having a nice flight with a well-rested child. He was also very well behaved - just was taking it all in as it happened. It was very sweet.

Sometimes in the weeks before, I thought he knew - but it turns out they were all coincidences - he was genuinely surprised. :)

Last March we Surprised our kids with a Cruise then 3 days at WDW after .....it was tough to pack and keep quite...but the surprised faces were priceless when we told them...

My 6 yo dd is clueless!!!

I simply can't wait until tuesday morning to tell her that I'm picking her up early at school to go to the dentist. HA!! She doesn't know she's taking me to CBR for mother's day. I KNOW she has no clue whatsoever. She's got playdates this weekend so I can pack (in the guest room where she never goes) and meet with the house-sitter. We'll stop at home long enough to finish up packing up the loveys, etc, and OFF we go!!!

I'll never get away with this again, but it sure is fun this one time.

We surprised our 2 DS (8 & 3) for a December trip this past year.......we woke them up the day after Thanksgiving at 5AM and said "we're going to Disney World" Their faces and reactions were priceless..........got it on video to preserve it!! Definitely do that if possible.......we watch the video all the time and it still gives me chills to see how excited they were and to know we truly pulled a great one off without them having a clue!!!!

Have a great time everyone!!

Well I was planning on surprising my dd this yr with our trip but I ended up having to let her know that we are staying at the Poly. We had orginally told her we were staying in a house in Orlando and just doing US. But she kept asking me what toys they could bring for the pool at the house and I ended up telling her none because we had changed our plans and were staying at the Poly. I didn't tell her everything though!
She thinks we are staying in a GV room and it is actually GV concierge. Also she thinks we are only doing one day in the parks at disney and the rest in US but actually it is 2 days US and 5 days Disney. On arrival she and my DN are getting a welcome basket with GOH badges, autograph books, fat pens, coin book, and a stuffed Minnie! So at least all the surprises aren't ruined for her and DN! I can't wait for the time to pass . I hate keeping surprises a secret. I get soooooo excited about it thinking about it 99% of the time I have to keep it totally out of my mind or else I would end up spilling the beans... it is sooo hard LOL
:jester:

Is it hard for you guys to keep it a secret as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter