For the First Time in 3 Years - Aug 2022 WDW Trip *Update 7/5*

We're almost on the home stretch now...

Day 9 - Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs (because why not!)

Another bright sunny day dawns and it's time to head back to Animal Kingdom for the final time. This is essentially a repeat of our other AK day - as many rides as possible! No plans for breakfast but lunch will have to be Sautilli Canteen, where we'll probably get a couple of the bowls and a kids cheeseburger pod meal because we haven't tried them 😲 I know, I know, but I love a good protein bowl and it certainly makes a change in a theme park!

As the park is closing relatively early, this is the final opportunity we have to make a dash over the Disney Springs for cookies and the last of our shopping needs. Dinner is probably going to be The Polite Pig (or Polite Pie as we call it because the first time we saw the signs, the G looked like an E from a distance 🤣) for some BBQ, a stop at Jock Lindsay's one final time and then home to bed to start packing 😢

Sadness is around the corner because...

Day 10 - The Last Full Day

So the last full day is upon us and of course it has to be Magic Kingdom. This is a rope drop to kiss goodnight kind of day so straight on Big Thunder, one last cinnamon roll from Gaston's and we're off. We'll try to tick off all the mountains on this day as well as Buzz and few last runs around on the people mover. A final goodbye to Mickey at the Town Square theatre will be in order as well as probably some time with the princesses - Rapunzel is my joint favourite so need to take my Pascale ears to go see her.

We're going to make a dash across the lake (or on the monorail) to the Polynesian because if you read my post about our ADR plans, we managed to get an elusive ADR for 'Ohana on our last night as we traditionally have done on every WDW trip so far. We managed to get one early enough so we can still make it back to the park to watch the fireworks one last time in the park and then stay for the extra magic hours to get every last bit of magic out of the day.

Side note here: when we went in 2019, it was around the time that people were complaining that the service was too fast in 'Ohana and that it felt like you were being rushed out of the restaurant with tables being turned over in 45 minutes to an hour. We had a 7pm reservation for dinner, and fireworks were at 9. Lets just say, the service that night was definitely not rushed - I was running through the Emporium to get to the hub as the music for HEA started 🤣

I'll be staying in the park as late as I possibly can before saying goodnight and goodbye to the castle *plays overly dramatic music*

And now the dreaded bit:

Day 11 - Final Hours and Traveling Home 😭

Now let me say that in past years, we've always gone to MK on our travel day as our Tragical Depressed (aka the sad version of the Magical Express, if you followed seeyoureelsoon on YT then you'll get it...miss Joe and Ashley's videos, we still re-watch them from time to time!) would be picking us up at 5pm. However this time we've been bumped to an earlier flight (not what we booked originally...but that's another story) and I guess we're going to get picked up by our transfer at about 2:30pm.

Side note to myself: I need to check how we're going to be informed about the time we're getting picked up as this is a transfer booked through our airline and from this side of the pond, they have no idea what the procedure is.

So treking all the way over to MK and then rushing around to make it back in time for our transfer isn't really worth it to us. So we're going to have a combination of pool and Epcot fun. Probably head into the park first to grab one last snack from Les Halles and try and get on a couple of rides before heading back to spend a hour or two by the pool. If I'm correct in thinking, the Beach Club showers are open again so that would be awesome to just refresh before we head to the airport and then spend 9 hours on a plane.

Once we touch down in the UK on Friday morning, we'll probably have a 2 hour wait for baggage (it's got ridiculously bad over here at the moment) and then have to try and navigate our way home in a very sleep deprived state 😴 This is the reason I rarely drive myself to the airport because I just don't trust myself to drive after a long flight, so we might hop on the coach that takes us to the nearest big town to us and then a taxi back home.

And that's it, that's all the actual plans for each day!

So working through my list of things to do / organise before we head off to WDW:

- ESTA's are done and approved: for those of you in the US, this is just our visa waiver forms that we have to do before we reach the US

- Getting to the airport hotel: we've decided to go on a little adventure which is essentially getting the bus to the train station, then 1 stop on the train, followed by a coach trip to the airport and then a taxi from the airport to our hotel. Sounds like a lot, but in reality it's not too bad and will only cost us £40 for all of that compared to £120 to get a taxi directly there.

- Packing: I think we've pretty much bought everything that we need for our trip. I'm planning on going through my packing list at the beginning of August and seeing what else we need to pick up but we're definitely fully stocked with SPF, pills and potions! Clothes wise, I may pick up another pair of shorts, it all depends on if my current ones actually fit me or not by then (I'm a little bit heavier than when we went in 2019 and only really wear shorts when we're in Florida). Did pick up a dress on ebay this weekend that might be good for a Minnie 50th anniversary disneybound (if it's not too short!)

- Spending Money: budgeting has gone well for this trip and we have enough saved, plus the dining credit and gift cards that we're picking up when we get there. I even went so far as to theoretically price up the meals and snacks we're planning to have (including tax and gratuities) and definitely think we'll be ok. Usually we have the free dining plan when we've been previously so the cost of food wasn't something we've had to worry about until now.

- Covid Testing: The testing requirements were lifted 2 days after we'd booked our pre-flight tests 😆 I haven't cancelled them yet just in case so will play this by ear.

- Room Request: We have a little bit of time before we have to put a room request in but I think we've narrowed it down to a row of 4 that we'd be happy to have.

- Magic Bands: I think we're leaning towards just picking a couple up when we're there. Ours are over 5 years old so time for a couple of new ones and the selection in the pre-arrival ordering isn't great. Yes I know we could just use our phones for everything but I don't want to be tied to my phone all the time and just like tapping for everything with a band 😂

Think that's about it for the moment. 49 days to go!

There's now less than 30 days to go - 24 days to go in fact, eeekkkk! 🥳😲🥳

So we're on the final countdown and I keep thinking of things that I need to pick up for the trip 😆 Trying to convince myself that I have all the clothes but feeling a bit uninspired in my wardrobe when it comes to an outfit for our meal at California Grill. So there may be a shopping trip on the cards specifically for that...Mr Eskimo wants some new shorts anyway...

When it comes to Magic Bands, we're umming and ahhring over the new Magic Band +. I like that they're rechargeable and will last for a long time as we think this will be the last trip to WDW for a few years. I don't know, I'm so indecisive when it comes to these things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter