For someone with an older child who used in-room sitter

vellamint

DIS Veteran
I have scoured the boards for information on in-room sitter and have pretty much decided on Fairy Godmothers.

I have repeatedly read that the sitters bring "age appropriate" toys, etc. with them.

I was hoping that someone with an older child (boy - 12 years) could enlighten me as to what the sitter would bring or do to entertain a child of this age..

He is one of four (12, 11, 9 and 9) so the woman would definitely be earning her salary regardless of what she brought with her but I am putting myself in my 12 year old sons shoes and wondering what she would do to keep him happy! (The other three love crafts and such so I am not so concerned with them).

Thanks!

I would suggest calling the main number and asking them what they would do for a 12 year old.

That's my best idea, perhaps you will get more responses though.

I would make sure your son has some things of his own that he could do in the room. If he has a gameboy or CD player that could keep him happy a while. Your could also pack a board game that all the children could play together.
I also wonder if you would be comfortable letting her take the kids out of the room to an arcade or even dinner at a resturant at the resort.That would pass some time and be fun for everyone. He also might just be happy watching TV. I know my 10 year could veg-out in front of the TV a few hours.
I too would remind them when you call to confirm that the children are older, but I would not count on any cool toys that a 12 year old would be trilled with.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter