For someone who opens and closes the parks...recommend me a resort

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Anyone have a resort they recommend for someone going 8 days and open the parks until the kick you out! What say you my Disney pros!

- no kiddos
- 2 30 year olds

It depends on which parks you intend on opening and closing the most! If it's MK, I would choose the Contemporary because you can walk back and forth and also have monorail access to EP. If it's EP and DHS, I would choose an EP resort so you can walk to those parks. BWI is our favorite, followed by BC and YC. Swan/Dolphin are great, too, but they do not offer DME or park charging privileges.

To be honest, if you're going open to close and just want a bed and a shower and a mini fridge, pick your choice of Value resorts. There is no reason to pay Deluxe rates to be a park warrior.

This would be Pop Century, Art of Animation (Little Mermaid rooms), or any All-Star Resort.

If you don't plan to use the resort, don't pay extra for it.

I guess it really depends on your interests. We are park open to park close people too (although with kids), and it is just not worth the extra money for us to stay at a deluxe resort. We do like the amenities and extra space that the moderates provide, so we have stayed at POR and CBR.

I would go with a value or moderate. If you spend most of your time in the parks, a deluxe is not worth the money. My favorite value is pop and my favorite moderate is CBR.

Anyone have a resort they recommend for someone going 8 days and open the parks until the kick you out! What say you my Disney pros!

- no kiddos
- 2 30 year olds

Pop.

You're never going to be in the room anyway, so I would def stay value.

POP. I would never stay deluxe if I was going to open and close a park every day. Unless you're trying to spend all your money before you die.

POP. I would never stay deluxe if I was going to open and close a park every day. Unless you're trying to spend all your money before you die.

Good reasoning and thank you all for your help

I guess it's nice to say that you want to stay in the lodge however if you never use it what's the point right?

Contemporary garden wing. You won't have to worry about unpredictable Disney transportaton getting you to MK on time (assuming that's your favorite park), and you'll have a comfortable place to sleep and shower every day. You also will get to skip the hour+ monorail, bus or boat line&trip home after the park closes each evening. The time you save will give you more energy for the parks. Never underestimate the ability of a long commute to & from the parks to add to your fatigue each day.

If you're more partial to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, then I recommend Yacht Club, Beach Club, or Boardwalk Inn. Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats being able to walk to and from your favorite park.

I disagree with those who say to stay value because you'll never be there. On the contrary, you'll be exhausted when you return to your resort, so you'll want the comfiest bed possible, which you won't get at a value. A few years ago we stayed at Pop, and were at the parks all day every day. But we still had to go back to the Pop every evening, and we didn't look forward to it. The exterior of Pop is cute, but the room was uninspired to be polite. It was like staying in a motel (not even the cleanest motel) and I don't recommend it to anyone. We enjoyed tent camping at Fort Wilderness a lot more than we liked staying there. It's better to stay offsite than to stay value, in my opinion.

I'd like to add that since you'll be there for 8 days, it's likely that you won't be opening and closing a park on every single day of that 8-day trip. You'll find exhaustion overtaking you by day 5 at that pace. It's very likely that you'll end up giving yourselves at least one day or half day of down time toward the end, just to maintain everyone's sanity. You'll really appreciate being in a deluxe then.

Last edited:
Good reasoning and thank you all for your help

I guess it's nice to say that you want to stay in the lodge however if you never use it what's the point right?
It really comes down to vacation style and vacation plans.

If you want to stay Deluxe, plan a vacation that includes resort time, some poolside drinks, etc. If you are rope drop to GET OUT, you can be anywhere and it won't make no difference. So save the money for that other type of trip someday.

We did that for our trip in April, and loved French Quarter. The buses were fantastic--don't think we ever waited longer than 5 minutes for a bus, and coming back to the resort after park close was quick and easy and not super crowded. The beds were comfy and it was super quiet. We loved it!

rent points for a studio at bay lake tower, polynesian, or grand. Significantly cheaper than getting a hotel room, and you have the perk of being a monorail ride or walk away from the magic kingdom

Will I have the 60 day benefits with points?

Will I have the 60 day benefits with points?
Yes, but to get a standard studio at BLT, you do need to be booking at 11 months most of the year. Grand Floridian is very difficult to rent into for a studio at all. Poly, depends on time of year. During Food & Wine, booking a poly DVC studio has been a full-contact sport at 7 months this year.

I recommend a garden room (cheaper than tower rooms) at CR, using the 30% off deluxe discount.

Contemporary garden wing. You won't have to worry about unpredictable Disney transportaton getting you to MK on time (assuming that's your favorite park), and you'll have a comfortable place to sleep and shower every day. You also will get to skip the hour+ monorail, bus or boat line&trip home after the park closes each evening. The time you save will give you more energy for the parks. Never underestimate the ability of a long commute to & from the parks to add to your fatigue each day.

If you're more partial to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, then I recommend Yacht Club, Beach Club, or Boardwalk Inn. Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats being able to walk to and from your favorite park.

I disagree with those who say to stay value because you'll never be there. On the contrary, you'll be exhausted when you return to your resort, so you'll want the comfiest bed possible, which you won't get at a value. A few years ago we stayed at Pop, and were at the parks all day every day. But we still had to go back to the Pop every evening, and we didn't look forward to it. The exterior of Pop is cute, but the room was uninspired to be polite. It was like staying in a motel (not even the cleanest motel) and I don't recommend it to anyone. We enjoyed tent camping at Fort Wilderness a lot more than we liked staying there. It's better to stay offsite than to stay value, in my opinion.

I'd like to add that since you'll be there for 8 days, it's likely that you won't be opening and closing a park on every single day of that 8-day trip. You'll find exhaustion overtaking you by day 5 at that pace. It's very likely that you'll end up giving yourselves at least one day or half day of down time toward the end, just to maintain everyone's sanity. You'll really appreciate being in a deluxe then.
Uh Oh. I am seriously considering Pop for a 1 night stay pre cruise (staying 4 nights CR tpv post cruise). The reason- That one day is only for Epcot from arrival time til close..on Black Friday. I 1st was leaning towards BWI, but figured should save $400 and do Pop instead. Is it that horrible?

A motel? C'mon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter