??for SB do they make a...

Spinning

<font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something
Sheet or something to cover stuff that isn't acid free such as news paper clippings, programs, tickets or stuff like that. I was finishing my DD preschool pages and have a page that has some newspaper clippings, art work etc.... I would love to find something that is sheer to put over it to protect the other pages that are acid free but to also give a little protection to these pages. Any ideas. I know I should copy the newspaper stuff on acid free paper but I just love old clippings!

Try the page protectors. I use them to protect my albums from children's finger and smudge marks. There are different ones depending on what type of album you use. The pages just slip inside.

Hi thanks I have them for my one style of album But this is a sprial kind where you can either mount the pictures directly on the pages or use paper and then glue it on. I just started SB'ing and have 2 different styles going to see which on I like best! Still in the air about which I like best! I was leaning towards the spiral books but now I have come across this problem!

I have heard that you can get page protectors for spiral bound books, not sure how they work though. I either read it on two peas in a bucket, or the Creating Keepsakes site, I'll try and find the post.

Alternatively, for small items you can get memoribilia pockets, I've used one for my disney tickets.

Bev

You might consider photocopying your newspaper clippings onto acid-free, lignon-free paper, esp. since the newspaper will yellow and not hold up well.

As Bev said, you can get memorabilia pockets for smaller items. Creative Memories has these in several sizes. They are called Photo Mounting Sleeves. I use them all the time for post cards, tickets, etc.

HTH
Elaine

You can also buy Archival Mist. It is a spray that is supposed to de-acidify memorabilia. I have never used it, since it is kind of pricey, but it is another option and it would probably last a long time.

I've been using my Xyron to laminate non acid-free papers (such as Disney maps) to include in my book. I'm not 100% sure that this is acid-free, but I figure as long as it doesn't touch my pics directly, it should be OK.
Hope this helps!

Someone told me once that laminating would not protect paper from yellowing. It would, however, keep clippings from falling apart. I don't know anything about putting it with pictures, though.

There are a few things you can do. First, you can spray them with archival mist. Or CM has some AF sleeves that you can put them into and then mount onto your page. You may be able to find something similar somewhere else...I'm not sure. But I know CM has them.

thanks everyone. I want to look into that creative memory stuff. It is amazing how much stuff is out there!

The Archival Mist is your best bet. I finally purchased a bottle and I feel it will last a long time. If you have a Michael's near you, use their 40% off coupon. I think it is regularly between $35 and $40. I have had mine for a year now and haven't even used half a bottle. You pump the bottle to prime it and then lightly spray the newspaper, children's art work, etc. It simply deacidifies the paper. Believe me, I waited atleast 2 years before I bought Archival Mist because of the price. I don't regret it one bit. I'd rather prevent item from aging than risk losing the memory. My mother has the original "Gone with the Wind" newspaper articles as well as some very old Harper's Weekly. We used the mist on them and they actually look BETTER than they did before. Good luck!

Kathy

Thanks, I think that mist sounds great. AC Moore around here occassionally has 50%off coupons so I will hold out for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter