• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For people from other countries?

disneygal2007

He's my Soldier and I am his Princess
Hello guys I have a question. I live in the US. Last month we were at Disney World in the Test Track line and my hubby and I started talking to another family from Paris. Well I asked the lady why did they travel all the way here a Disney Park there. She got into the cost. After she added everything up she said it was cheaper to travel to the US to visit Mickey. I guess that does make sense.

My question is why do you travel to Florida to visit Disney World in stead of the theme park closer to home?

By the way you can make great friends while at Disney. May and I talk every day by email. That is her name.

Thats a good question....mabey the weather has something to do with it!!!!! Paris can have unpredictable weather unless you are right in the middle of summer...Im originally from scotland and went to eurodisney a few times and it was always raining or cold. We always preferred Florida for the climate and change of scenery, now we live in houston and can hop to florida when we feel like it.,,having said that, Paris and Eurodisney will always hold a special place in my heart..I will never forget Mickey mouse singing jingle bells softly in french at the lighting of the christmas tree with snow falling on our heads and my husband (boyfriend at the time )asking me to marry him. I live in hope that we will go back one year to see it again. Paris is my favorite city in the whole world.

Thats a good question....mabey the weather has something to do with it!!!!! Paris can have unpredictable weather unless you are right in the middle of summer...Im originally from scotland and went to eurodisney a few times and it was always raining or cold. We always preferred Florida for the climate and change of scenery, now we live in houston and can hop to florida when we feel like it.,,having said that, Paris and Eurodisney will always hold a special place in my heart..I will never forget Mickey mouse singing jingle bells softly in french at the lighting of the christmas tree with snow falling on our heads and my husband (boyfriend at the time )asking me to marry him. I live in hope that we will go back one year to see it again. Paris is my favorite city in the whole world.

What a special memory thanks for sharing.:hug:

Hi pktbMouse :thumbsup2 a fellow Scot here.

A few reasons for me, already summed up really.

First is the cost - the US is still (relatively) cheap. Food etc is much cheaper, the hotels are cheaper and the travel is not much difference price wise.

Second is the weather - it's always nice to have a bit of sunshine on your holiday.

Third for me is simply because I haven't been to WDW world before - I have been to Disneyland Paris many times.

Fourthly, it is always nice to go somewhere new each year. I doubt we will return to WDW after this first trip, simply because we like to go different places, so we are thinking India for next year and possibly Tokyo Disneyland the year after.

Me and my girlfriend go to both Disneyland Paris and WDW. We go to WDW because it is as cheap as taking a holiday somewhere in Europe such as Spain and imo alot more fun. We head to Paris for a couple nights whenever we see cheap flights. Also WDW is so much bigger than DLP and we also enjoy goin to Universal etc. :-) Cant wait to get back over to WDW in September, might try to sneak in a quick trip to Paris before that though :)

Hi! :) I'm in Australia, and quite frankly, anywhere is a long way from here!!! ;)

I have been to WDW 3 times before and I'm planning to go again May 2010. I love the atmosphere at WDW. When we go we stay offsite :-)scared1:) and hire a car, so we get around to see the sights, too.
The closest Disney park to us would be Hong Kong or Tokyo, but WDW is actually cheaper to get to and stay at. Plus you can eat virtually anywhere, and on the whole we all speak the same language!! :laughing:
Mind you, I don't get to WDW half as often as I would like because of the distance. Then, planning is half the fun of the trip, really.

We go to WDW and Disneyland paris but we prefer WDW. It is actually cheaper at WDW. For example we went to DLP in Jan, 2 people, for 4 nights and 5 day passes into the 2 parks cost us £900. I had looked into WDW instead and it would only have cost us about £500 more to go for 7 nights and have tickets for all the parks. In the end we thought 7 nights wasn't long enough in WDW(by the time you travel and take in jet lag) so we passed on it. If you are taking kids with you DLP is really expensive.

Also I like sunshine for my summer holidays and that can never be guaranteed in Paris.

Also we come to WDW for 2 weeks and find we struggle to fit everything in that we want to do. In DLP you can fit everything n quite easily in about 5 days, 2 weeks I think i would get fed up in DLP.

DLP nice for a short break but not for my main trip

Hello all the fellow Scots and Hello to everyone else too :goodvibes

This year will be my 4th to WDW and I have never been to DLP. I have also like PP looked at the costs of both and decided that I would rather pay a little bit more for two weeks than alot of money for a couple of days.
I have even had this argument with other people about how much it costs but as I pointed out once you pay for your tickets and hotel etc and if lucky enough to get free dinning then it costs almost the same as two weeks lying on a beach in spain. Also with the exchange rate for the Euro you just don't get as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter