For my REALLY seasoned Disney travelers- A question about crowds

kmac2384

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone,

This is directed toward the extremely seasoned Disney goer who have been enough times to say that they have covered just about every month of the year as a guest including off and extreme peak.

My eldest has officially started school and because we go so often I always refused to go during peak. I will most likely still pull her out if we want to go but as the years go on, she will not be able to afford to miss school. We have gone in June before, its crowded but I wouldn't say I hate it. How do the weeks in June compare to the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas? I always refused before but it will eventually become a reality. So if you are spoiled like me, can you tolerate Christmas week or even if Disney was paying you, you would not go.

I also know what Crowd Calenders are but I am looking for the real feel of the week.

Thanks in advance!

I was there the week before Christmas---leaving on the 23rd---it was doable but in my opinion not enjoyable. The crowds were manageable and that was before the fast pass+. My issue was weather. It is so unpredictable. We wore winter coats and gloves. We needed hats in the evening and we did not use the pool at all. It was just plain cold and I live in the north. We have also been there checking in on the 26th and leaving on the 31st so no New Years eve. I will never do that again.

When we first started going we went over Thanksgiving week. Never spent Thanksgiving day in a park--we always drove out to Daytona for a day at the beach. It was not so bad. Then again we did not know any better. After losing my 8 year old in a parade crowd and then nearly having my arm ripped out of the socket while trying to hang onto my 6 year old who was being pulled in the opposite direction I decided to try a different time of year. If I had no choice I would go over Thanksgiving. Avoiding the Magic Kingdom on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter