• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? for experts

dorchrislen

Eat, Sleep & Breathe WDW
We have one park per day tickets and we are going on a Thursday and Friday in August, 8/17 & 8/18, before school starts back up. It used to be that you wanted to do the park that doesn’t have early entry but now that both parks have early entry and we won’t, is there a better park to do on each of those two days? Or is the crowd pattern not that predictable? Thank you!

It might or you behind the EE crowd a bit. But there are A LOT fewer guests getting in 30 minutes early than in the Magic Morning days.
It's just on-property guests now, not everyone a three-day pass.

Once upon a time that week was the slowest week of the year, according to people who work in the area. 8/18 is my anniversary and when my husband and I liked to go. Schools in the area are (or were) back in session, and people spend all their money on back to school! I’m not sure how it is these days, because there doesn’t seem to be a slow time anymore. It’s been years since I was there in august.

So to piggyback off this question, I am going the following week Aug.26-Sep.2. What are the crowds supposed to be like? We are planning 5 park days from Sunday to Thursday as we thought Friday may start to get busy for Labour Day. Thoughts?

It seems from recent reports that EE doesn’t affect crowds like magic mornings do, so I say do what you would like. I would suggest DCA on the Thursday and Dland on Friday because that way you will catch nighttime entertainment at DL.

So to piggyback off this question, I am going the following week Aug.26-Sep.2. What are the crowds supposed to be like? We are planning 5 park days from Sunday to Thursday as we thought Friday may start to get busy for Labour Day. Thoughts?
It is so hard to say with Disneyland. That week is the first week the lowest tier MKeys are allowed back int he park (and the week prior the second lowest tier) - after being blocked all summer - so I would anticipate both those weeks to get busier in the afternoon and evenings. While most local schools will be back in session there are always exceptions. At the end of the day go the days that work best for *you* and know your priorities/manage your own expectations so that you are prepared no matter the crowds.

It seems from recent reports that EE doesn’t affect crowds like magic mornings do, so I say do what you would like. I would suggest DCA on the Thursday and Dland on Friday because that way you will catch nighttime entertainment at DL.
I’m glad you mentioned that because I was thinking the opposite, to do Disneyland on Thursday since it would be less crowded than a Friday. But I hadn’t thought about the nighttime entertainment, and we probably would go back to the room midday for a break and then come back at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter