• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For anyone on the fence...

Dameon2k

Earning My Ears
about ROR being worth the ILL....It is.... not just for the ride but the experience as a whole. The most impressive experience I have ever seen at Disney was Alien Encounter, which was an amazing ride that should have never been removed, or at least moved to another park. That point aside, ROR is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Videos alone on YouTube can never do the experience justice. It just blew our minds. If you like Star Wars to any extent, do this ride. If you hate Star Wars, still do this ride. It enhances other technology used in other attractions and really uses them better than ever before. If it were possible, I would have probably ridden it two more times in a row. I probably missed a lot of things because I was just in awe the whole time. As long as the attraction opens on time, it is very doable at rope drop with EMH too without buying an ILL. Just remember to lock in Slinky Dog with genie plus if you are using it because that goes quick.

As someone who isn’t a Star Wars fan, it is indeed worth it. The whole experience is great. I’ll always make sure to ride it once a trip. I would consider more if line isn’t horrible but wouldn’t pay for it multiple times in a week.

Reactions: shh
Personally, I have yet to find an attraction that is worth ILL$ to me. I will figure out a potentially shorter wait time (normally rope drop or park close) rather than pay for $ILL$ for ant attraction, regardless of how much I might like it.

We love ROR! Looking forward to riding it again in December for my birthday. Will definately fo the LL as its just easier!

I really enjoyed this ride! Was very well done and you felt like you were in an actual ship. Loved it!

As someone who isn’t a Star Wars fan, it is indeed worth it. The whole experience is great. I’ll always make sure to ride it once a trip. I would consider more if line isn’t horrible but wouldn’t pay for it multiple times in a week.
I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but not finding in search. If I know very little about star wars, will I be totally lost on this attraction? From what I recall reading, people are randomly assigned a role and you all have some sort of mission to accomplish? And everyone wants to be the "pilot" or another sought-after role (can't remember).

As someone that is not a Star Wars fan. This is a one and done for us
Was it at least understandable/able to be experienced by a non-fan? Or does it rely on you knowing characters/storylines?

Since I sometimes travel with folks who aren't going to do rope drop, I agree that the ILL for ROTR is worth it for folks who are infrequent WDW visitors. HS is actually the one park I recommend Genie+ and the ILL for ROTR for either WDW newbies or infrequently visitors. I think with the park not being very big (hence crisscrossing around the park not that big of a deal) and the line length for many of the rides - those purchases can help them get everything done in one day and really have a full day. You can't do everything at HS in one day and very few infrequent visitors plan more than one day there - so waiting in line time needs to be minimized.

I agree a smart rope drop strategy could help negate the need for ILL or Genie+ in the park - but I also find that most newbies really don't understand that "rope drop" means getting to the park entrance about 45 minutes to an hour before the stated opening time even though I tell them that. They show up at open time, not before, (early entry for resort guests) - not realizing they will find themselves in back of the masses and only get in line for one thing before the park is swarming with folks.

It's also a park I think a lot of folks want to go to Fantasmic - so they aren't going to be in a ride line at the end of the day.

As an out-of-state AP holder - this is the one park I sometimes pay for ILL or Genie+, too. I don't at any of the other parks now. I don't have to do everything each trip!

I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but not finding in search. If I know very little about star wars, will I be totally lost on this attraction? From what I recall reading, people are randomly assigned a role and you all have some sort of mission to accomplish? And everyone wants to be the "pilot" or another sought-after role (can't remember).
I think you may be confusing 2 different rides. Smuggler's Run is the ride where you are assigned roles when piloting the Millennium Falcon.
Was it at least understandable/able to be experienced by a non-fan? Or does it rely on you knowing characters/storylines?
You are able to enjoy both attractions without knowing anything about Star Wars. Certain things will make a lot more sense to SW fans but you can still enjoy both without knowing anything about the story. Both are great attractions.

That is Stars Wars Smugglers Run. This ride is Rise of the Resistance. It’s the ILL one. You don’t need the know the characters to enjoy it, although it gives a bigger wow factor to the ride if you do. Still, it’s a fabulous show of a ride.

I think non-fans are at least going to recognize the impressive creation of the Star Wars LOOK, unless they have never seen a single Star Wars movie. I think if they really have no knowledge of the characters in episodes 7-9, there is a storyline that they may not connect with. They don't need to know A LOT - basically that Kylo Ren is the bad guy, and the stormtroopers are "First Order" and that Finn and Poe are rebellion folks - they will understand the storyline. If they don't, it's still an interesting experience - with the 3 components of the attraction adding up to make the whole.

I have only seen the OG Star Wars movies a LONG time ago, when they first came out. RoR was immersive but it truly made no sense to me. The queue and preshow stuff didn't make sense and I thought the ride itself was underwhelming. I kept expecting it to do something?!
So for me, it was okay but I definitely thought it would be better if I knew the characters and storylines.

FWIW also went on MF, liked it better than ROR probably because of the interactive part. I would ride that one again but ROR not so much.

As a couple others have said, that ride is smugglers run. Neither one do I feel you need to know anything about Star Wars to enjoy though. I know very, very little (I know some names), but rise of the resistance was great.

Smugglers run was ok, it isn’t a must do for me. I know people want to be the pilot but I wouldn’t want to do that. Seems like the pilots are in control of the experience everyone will have. It was an ok ride though.

As a couple others have said, that ride is smugglers run. Neither one do I feel you need to know anything about Star Wars to enjoy though. I know very, very little (I know some names), but rise of the resistance was great.

Smugglers run was ok, it isn’t a must do for me. I know people want to be the pilot but I wouldn’t want to do that. Seems like the pilots are in control of the experience everyone will have. It was an ok ride though.
Yup - too much responsibility for me. I've seen a few nasty comments from folks annoyed because a random stranger was assigned the pilot role vs them or their kids - and I guess that person didn't know SW or wasn't familiar with the ride or didn't speak English well enough to understand the instructions..."ruining" the experience.

No thank you - I get enough of that stress in real life. lol

I've seen all the movies but wouldn't say I'm a mega Star Wars fan.

Rise is the best theme park attraction in the World. In history, really. It's not even close.

I've seen a few nasty comments from folks annoyed because a random stranger was assigned the pilot role vs them or their kids - and I guess that person didn't know SW or wasn't familiar with the ride or didn't speak English well enough to understand the instructions..."ruining" the experience.
As an adult Star Wars fan who does understand the directions, I can tell you that my piloting was hardcore atrocious. And not intentionally, either. I have only been in 2020, so no other parties had to endure us ruining their experience.

I've been noticing that my second experience on a ride has been better than my initial experience. ROTR & Guardians ride. If I don't get to go on ROTR when I'm at HS, I consider a failed day at the park.

about ROR being worth the ILL....It is.... not just for the ride but the experience as a whole. The most impressive experience I have ever seen at Disney was Alien Encounter, which was an amazing ride that should have never been removed, or at least moved to another park. That point aside, ROR is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Videos alone on YouTube can never do the experience justice. It just blew our minds. If you like Star Wars to any extent, do this ride. If you hate Star Wars, still do this ride. It enhances other technology used in other attractions and really uses them better than ever before. If it were possible, I would have probably ridden it two more times in a row. I probably missed a lot of things because I was just in awe the whole time. As long as the attraction opens on time, it is very doable at rope drop with EMH too without buying an ILL. Just remember to lock in Slinky Dog with genie plus if you are using it because that goes quick.
I agree 100%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter