For all of you worried that Happily Ever After won't be a good replacement for Wishes

I really hope a character or two makes a vocal "appearance" in the new show. Fantasy in the Sky and Wishes both wreaked of Disney (a good thing, to me) and I am not a huge fan of the new singing style, which both of these performers have. Raspy girl singers and high-pitched guy singers, both oversinging? I will try to let myself love it, but there is a potential that the fireworks show has become a victim of pop music, rather than standing up to the test of time with a classic Disney appeal. Again, don't mean to be a Debbie-downer, or a fan girl. I know things must change and evolve, and no matter what, I will put on a smile when I watch the debut of HEE with my kids tonight. #putourheartstogether

I really hope a character or two makes a vocal "appearance" in the new show. Fantasy in the Sky and Wishes both wreaked of Disney (a good thing, to me) and I am not a huge fan of the new singing style, which both of these performers have. Raspy girl singers and high-pitched guy singers, both oversinging? I will try to let myself love it, but there is a potential that the fireworks show has become a victim of pop music, rather than standing up to the test of time with a classic Disney appeal. Again, don't mean to be a Debbie-downer, or a fan girl. I know things must change and evolve, and no matter what, I will put on a smile when I watch the debut of HEE with my kids tonight. #putourheartstogether

Its 18 minutes long with 17 difference movies showcased so I think you can count on more than one or two making a vocal appearance. My guess is the vocal part of the song is going to only be around 5 minutes of it.

Its 18 minutes long with 17 difference movies showcased so I think you can count on more than one or two making a vocal appearance. My guess is the vocal part of the song is going to only be around 5 minutes of it.
The pop song Disney released with the preview video last week was less than four minutes and included the full choir, there is LOTS of other music we haven't yet heard.

I can't wait to watch the Live Stream tonight! We will be there in July, but that's just too long to wait ;).

To the people who plan to watch a stream of it tonight, where do you plan to watch it? What site has the best quality streams of these types of things?

Not a fan of the lead voices. Like the orchestral arrangement but the singers lack the emotional maturity to carry the piece IMO. Casting directly from Disney Channel pool.

Will reserve judgement until we see the whole thing but definitely find the voices grating.

I agree. Not a fan of the young voices...they grate. But, the orchestra and the backup singers - love it. The projections look beautiful, as well.

Just finished watching it. So much better!!! They included songs/scenes from long forgotten Disney movies!! (Mulan, Tarzan, Hercules, etc.)

I was really worried. Wishes was something special, simple but very effective.

After seeing Happily ever after, I have to say that this is not only a perfect replacement. This is how Disney can do things.
The show is impressive and has a big heart, like Wishes had.

Never thought I would say this, but liked it better than "Wishes" --- like a previous OP said, some of the forgotten Disney movies --- loved seeing/hearing "Go the Distance" and "Hunchback" and the "Villains" scene reminded me a bit of F! , which is always a good thing !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter