"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

I went to pull into work yesterday, we park at a resort so we show ID to get into the resort to a guard like everyone else. I made the turn into the resort and in front on me is a huge peanut motorhome looking thing. Lol
I pulled up to the gate and the guard was laughing. I said to him, forget it, I’m going home. Lol You never know what you will see. Lol
I bet it was the Planters' Nutmobile!

Disclaimer: I haven’t read the recent posts, so if dup,sorry.

Restrooms under renovations.
Port-a potties only.
@ this rest stop on I-95 South in FL, approx 35 miles before I-4.

1-95 SOUTHBOUND
SOUTH ST. JOHNS CO.
MILE POST 303

Dropped our eldest off at college in SC last week, so we impulsively drove down to the Swan and went to Epcot Food and Wine on Thursday with our younger one. We were in the main Future World gift shop in the afternoon and I think I saw the legendary dvczerfs in there. I stood there in an aisle for a few seconds thinking "where have I seen that guy?". LOL

Anyway, the drive all the way back to NY on Friday was uneventful. Left the Swan at about 8:30AM, drove straight through with a couple of gas/food stops and we were back here on Long Island by about 1:45AM. No real construction or delays to speak of anywhere, though we did take the Richmond bypass just in case. And a little rock gave us a good pop in the windshield as our reward. Oh well.

Dropped our eldest off at college in SC last week, so we impulsively drove down to the Swan and went to Epcot Food and Wine on Thursday with our younger one. We were in the main Future World gift shop in the afternoon and I think I saw the legendary dvczerfs in there. I stood there in an aisle for a few seconds thinking "where have I seen that guy?". LOL

Anyway, the drive all the way back to NY on Friday was uneventful. Left the Swan at about 8:30AM, drove straight through with a couple of gas/food stops and we were back here on Long Island by about 1:45AM. No real construction or delays to speak of anywhere, though we did take the Richmond bypass just in case. And a little rock gave us a good pop in the windshield as our reward. Oh well.
Was the Zerf in costume or in civilian attire? Lol

Anyone looking for total toll costs for a round trip from NY... $67.41.
This total would be for NY bridges... Verazzano, and Goethals, NJ Tpke, Del Mem Bridge, Baltimore tunnel and one more for Delaware. This includes any ex pass discounts we received for using NY transponder.
We did not us the express lanes around DC.

Was the Zerf in costume or in civilian attire? Lol
Definitely in civvies...I'm guessing it was your daughter you were walking around with. Thank God you didn't see me, I looked like Chazz Palmentieri at the end of The Usual Suspects. Anyway, congrats on your move and hope the Mouse is treating you well!

Definitely in civvies...I'm guessing it was your daughter you were walking around with. Thank God you didn't see me, I looked like Chazz Palmentieri at the end of The Usual Suspects. Anyway, congrats on your move and hope the Mouse is treating you well!
Why didn’t you say hello!!! Lol
That was me!!
I’ve had it about ten times already, the doors open to a cabin and the people start getting out and they say, “ are you Zerf ?” Lol
They tell me their name and…… ooook?
Tell me what name you use on the boards than I’ll know who you are. Lol
My daughter had the afternoon off so she figured she would mooch a meal off dad at Teppen Edo and ride a few rides. Lol
We hit a park just about once a week. Studios next and Sci-Fi, she picked the restaurant. I’m forgetting my wallet at home. Lol
Yes, he’s pretty good to work for. Best job I ever had!

Geez, I guess I’m the thread killer. Lol
I had to drive up to Sanford airport on Wednesday to pick up a friend of my wife’s. They like doing food and wine together, me, my daughter and I are going to Teppen Edo for dinner after she is done working. Lol
Eating hot food in 96 degree heat on a garbage can isn’t my thing. Lol
Anyway, it’s about an hour up the road and by the time we got back home, my back, legs, knees were killing me. lol
I am way out of driving shape. I don’t think I could do a round trip anymore, it felt like someone beat me with a baseball bat driving to and from the airport. Lol
Anyway, anyone driving down next week, keep your eye on the weather. Looks like it’s going to get a bit wet and breezy on Wednesday.
Have a safe trip and keep the shiny side up!

I had to drive up to Sanford airport on Wednesday to pick up a friend of my wife’s. They like doing food and wine together, me, my daughter and I are going to Teppen Edo for dinner after she is done working. Lol
Anyway, it’s about an hour up the road and by the time we got back home, my back, legs, knees were killing me. lol
I am way out of driving shape. I don’t think I could do a round trip anymore, it felt like someone beat me with a baseball bat driving to and from the airport. Lol
Anyway, anyone driving down next week, keep your eye on the weather. Looks like it’s going to get a bit wet and breezy on Wednesday.
Thanks for the weather heads up. We are driving down from NYC next weekend but our times are flexible. I will keep an eye on the weather to plan our drive.

You are too funny. With 72 trips (from page 1) under your belt what has Florida done to you! ahahah. I have learned so much from the people on this thread. The "inland route" beats 95 hands down! Just stay right when you get near Fancy Gap. Always fill up the tank at the end of the day. Don't wait until the morning. I still use your driving times as my guide but never seem to keep up with you. We stop about every 2 hours - bathroom, lunch, gas, etc. But the real reason is to stretch our legs. After only 2 hours, it still takes me a few minutes to be able to stand and walk straight! I feel your pain. We will be coming your way at the end of next month. Hoping for pleasant, mild weather!

Nah, not a thread killer. I think fewer people are driving these days. Even all the regulars here are not jumping on to say they have a trip coming up. I miss those posts. Always was fun to know someone was hitting the road and would be giving some updates.

Nah, not a thread killer. I think fewer people are driving these days. Even all the regulars here are not jumping on to say they have a trip coming up. I miss those posts. Always was fun to know someone was hitting the road and would be giving some updates.

We are still driving! LOL just got our new, fully tricked out Kia Carnival (with the fancy VIP seats in the 2nd row, everyone is fighting to sit back there now LOL) and we are working on booking our next trip. We don’t tend to update much because sometimes it feels like no one from our part of the country drives in; most of our friends from here fly. We still love our Disney road trips!

Thanks for the weather heads up. We are driving down from NYC next weekend but our times are flexible. I will keep an eye on the weather to plan our drive.
Things have changed, which they always do with these things. As of today, its forecasted to ride up the gulf coast. Models have it making landfall in the panhandle as a cat1 and heading east at some point on Friday now. ( this has all changed a million times since I last posted). Just keep an eye on the weather reports.

You are too funny. With 72 trips (from page 1) under your belt what has Florida done to you! ahahah. I have learned so much from the people on this thread. The "inland route" beats 95 hands down! Just stay right when you get near Fancy Gap. Always fill up the tank at the end of the day. Don't wait until the morning. I still use your driving times as my guide but never seem to keep up with you. We stop about every 2 hours - bathroom, lunch, gas, etc. But the real reason is to stretch our legs. After only 2 hours, it still takes me a few minutes to be able to stand and walk straight! I feel your pain. We will be coming your way at the end of next month. Hoping for pleasant, mild weather!
Lol. I make more than 72 trips in the last three months now, but they are only 14 miles anymore. Lol. I still have that chart! It hangs in the garage next to our yankee license plates. Lol All three of us got the Disney 50th plates for our cars. When I drove 50k a year for work, driving to Disney and back was not a problem.
Florida has been good too me! I gained almost 20 pounds but I always have a nice tan. Lol. But, I’m living my dream, I watch the sun rise and set just about every day. Sit at our pool watching our palm trees sway in the breeze while watching the golfers, our back yard butts up to the ninth fairway of a beautiful golf course. I get to go to work at the most magical place on earth. Though some of the Magic is gone, not much, just the planning and being an out of tower is gone, I still get a smile on my face every day when I drive under that “big sign” on World Drive. Not to depressing driving by the see ya real soon on the other side, I’ll be back……. Tomorrow. Lol
Anyone using rt417, a lot of construction but not much to slow you down..
Always drive to the end of 417, down the five mile off ramp towards I 4 and stay to the right, will take you right on to property.
Anyway, off to work, well, it’s not really work but time to go make the Magic.

Things have changed, which they always do with these things. As of today, its forecasted to ride up the gulf coast. Models have it making landfall in the panhandle as a cat1 and heading east at some point on Friday now. ( this has all changed a million times since I last posted). Just keep an eye on the weather reports.
I hope the weather is good in 2 weeks. We are flying bc it’s just for the long weekend. Too far to drive for a short trip.

Thanks! We will deal with the weather this weekend as long as it’s nice October 9! We are heading down for our daughter’s wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter